It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

647 Protestors Removed For Blocking Highway.

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This happened last month in Dallas, Texas.
Dailywire link

The protestors were told beforehand not to do it. By police chief Renee Hall.

But, the protestors did so anyways. So cops moved in and put 647 people in zip ties.

"There are many who question and are not happy with the decisions that I made on yesterday,” Hall said, as noted by CNS News. “Let me be clear, I am not here to make people happy. My job and our job in law enforcement is to keep this city safe. We have pledged that. We will do that. And that is our goal.”

I want to reflect on this. I don't care much for law enforcement. I'm rather indifferent. I police myself well enough to not bother anyone else. But that's beside the point.

What police chief Hall says here is the truth of the matter. Despite the argument of police response times and all that. Their job isn't to make people happy. Their job is to enforce the laws that are created whether or not the personally agree with them or not.

That's why even though I don't care much about law enforcement. I don't hold them all to be evil.

I understand people enter into law enforcement with good intentions, and try to tough it out and do a good job despite the corruption they may find themselves surrounded by.

There should be ways for LEOs to report breaches in integrity safely without fear of reprimand and injury.

But most importantly if we as people want to play the game of civility and lawfulness we need to take the matter of #ty laws to our politicians from the community level to the national level.

LEOs for the most part are stuck in the middle of a #ty system where they can find themselves stuck between dirty senior cops and politicians and the people who hate them all.

So, while I don't care much for them, and believe they should find better things to do than potentially sacrifice themselves to be pawns in a system that supports corruption I can find reason to respect most of them for trying to do what they believe is right.
edit on 2372020 by AutomateThis1 because: Forgot link

edit on 2372020 by AutomateThis1 because: Need to turn autocorrect off.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Portland certainly would have been solved early on if they had a police chief like Renee Hall.
Obey the law or get locked up. Instead, Portland has a mayor that defies the POTUS and also joins in with the assholes.

Now, it is out of control and requires force.

I really cannot believe Portland, let alone Seattle and Chicago, were not designated as active terrorist targets, put under federal lockdown and cleaned up.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Portland certainly would have been solved early on if they had a police chief like Renee Hall.
Obey the law or get locked up.

And that is a true statement right there.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Let's be clear here. It was not a month ago, it was 7 weeks ago, much closer to two months ago.

So what we have here is a ''news'' article that was recently published in a conservative outlet and then picked up by other conservative outlets and repeating the original article almost verbatim.
I would make a list but there are just to many.

Likewise, many of those outlets used the original headline for their own reporting. That claim was ''nearly'' 700 protesters. In reality the number was 647. 647 is nearer to 600 than 700 but the larger number helps to make it sound even worse than it was. Respectfully our OP did not promote that false number of nearly 700.

So, why the impulse to post this right now when it happened on June 3rd? Why is the conservative echo chamber dredging this one up again?

Like our OP I think that law enforcement is a very tough job for many of the reasons cited in the Op.

EOs for the most part are stuck in the middle of a #ty system where they can find themselves stuck between dirty senior cops and politicians and the people who hate them all.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well, I posted it because it was the article that prompted me to write out my opinions.

From what I gathered it happened June 1, which was last month.
edit on 2372020 by AutomateThis1 because: Fat finger

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I recall a person dying in the back of an ambulance because protesters in Arizona would not let it through.

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Amazing how a few hundred people can control the narrative in these cities - of course they have help - MSM and many local elected officials .....
TURN IT OFF (MSM) and VOTE these Fools out !
LoL

edit on 7232020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join