It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So folks, will you let your children attend school this fall

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
If Biden wins it'll be gone by Christmas if we can still have Christmas.

No, you won't. Final victory in the War on Christmas will be achieved this year when BLM forces you to abandon the holiday in favor of Kwanza.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Drucifer

Sounds like a nightmare to figuare out.

It’s minor in comparison to what they have to do with each city/state/district. Last week they had to deliver the school’s plans to the districts. The amount of paper shuffling and planning is so over the top it’s illogical. They’ve been working nonstop on this, 14 hour days in the office and they disband to come home and keep working.

I’m sure it’s a little easier to handle for schools operating in their own districts, but with her company, they’re spread out so much that they have to deal with all parties involved.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I homeschool my kids anyway.

Why would I send my kids to a place where critical theory is replacing critical thinking?

Because they get to socialize with a wide range of other children and to be exposed to a wide range of opinions.

You can always correct anything bad that they are taught with good teaching of your own, but you can't replace the friendships that they would be making in school.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: musicismagic
Sure why not. They wear mask, enjoy the sports ( test here are available for saliva, results in 15 minutes, America is getting the run-a-round big time) Wake up folks, you all are being taken by anti-Trumpters in power.

Actually, we will not be sending ours back to any school that requires kids to wear masks. That is pure insanity.

Do you remember a time when children weren't allowed to wear any face coverings at all in school, not even face paint on Halloween, in case they had an AR-15 in their book bag and started killing everybody?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: entermemo

Michigan. Results in 5...no cost, no real wait. Many convenient locations around.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I don't have kids but if I did, I wouldn't send them to a public school. And I wouldn't home school them either; let them just wander the streets and figure out things for themselves; they can have a sandwich when they get home. If they come back at all.

The "new normal" at least will be educational.
edit on 20-7-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Nice! I am in St. Louis and its a hot mess trying to get tested.

P.S. Where is your avatar pic from - I love the aesthetic.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Why would I send my kids to a place where critical theory is replacing critical thinking?

Because they get to socialize with a wide range of other children and to be exposed to a wide range of opinions.

You can always correct anything bad that they are taught with good teaching of your own, but you can't replace the friendships that they would be making in school.

You don't actually believe that, do you? My kids are homeschooled... they get much greater opportunities to socialize in natural settings, rather than herded like cattle in a school, with peers than they would get if they were attending a traditional school. The entire book learning portion of a school day is easily completed in 3-3.5 hours a day... the rest of the day is then open to coordinate socializing activities. Homeschooled kids actually get to *gasp* choose their own friends, just like adults do, rather than being forced into playing with kids they'd rather not play with just because they're stuck in the same class with them.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Jesus H Christ, you folks are grating AF. Homeschooled kids are not isolated with no friends, for f#'s sake. My kids hang with their friends every single day (unless the weather is bad, then they don't) Their friends are a mix between OTHER homeschoolers in the neighborhood, and the public/private/charter school kids. They get PLENTY of interaction and have well-established friendships, and I know all those kids' parents well. What rock do you live under to think this isn't normal?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mikell
If Biden wins it'll be gone by Christmas if we can still have Christmas.

No, you won't. Final victory in the War on Christmas will be achieved this year when BLM forces you to abandon the holiday in favor of Kwanza.

I hope all my Christian friends get exactly what they deserve this Xmas. Old St. Nick is making a list and checking it twice....

As I recall all the Xmas parties at school degenerated into a grabass festival to the tune of O, holy Night....ahhh, those were the days!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: tanstaafl

www.usatoday.com...

Are you sure?

Seems like kids can still get it, but just deal with it much better. Also the article says kids can still be carriers.

In his mind I'm sure, but in reality, he is wrong, could never conceive it though..being wrong that is

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
1. People under the age of like 25 have a greater chance of complications with the normal flu than COVID-19, so opening schools is close to no risk for them.

2. School are also daycare and single, duel working parents need it as they need to work as their kids are in school.

3. Many under privilege kids get meals, care, oversight from schools. One school district in OR has 1500 homeless level kids attend each day and that is where they ate and were cared for.

4. Virtual classrooms have been a failure as less than 40% of kids even logged in once. Most just started their summer early. Also only the privilege can typically access the classrooms well. see No. 3... as example.

5. Teachers who might be high risk can virtually log into the class room full of physical bodies, while having physical teacher helpers there (younger adults) so there is ways to make it work.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Jesus H Christ, you folks are grating AF. Homeschooled kids are not isolated with no friends, for f#'s sake. My kids hang with their friends every single day (unless the weather is bad, then they don't) Their friends are a mix between OTHER homeschoolers in the neighborhood, and the public/private/charter school kids. They get PLENTY of interaction and have well-established friendships, and I know all those kids' parents well. What rock do you live under to think this isn't normal?

Kids that are homeschooling....

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That photo was from Obama's foray into homeschooling.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That photo was from Obama's foray into homeschooling.

Ya, Obama had that whole border homeschooling going on...Such a champion for children...And that evil Trump tried to take Obama's pictures for his own...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Biden isn't American?

At this point he doesn't know what he is...

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granby
I would argue his so called facts.

Put your money where your mouth is and do it then. Jeez, people are all talk these days.

What is the mortality rate for school age children? What is the average age for a patient that has died "of covid"?

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I see a lot of adults today that need to attend at least
a one year course at the school of hard knocks up side yo
head! No gloves no mask.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagicm

Spoke with a friend of mine the other day about this.

She’s an Epidemiologist; she told me: “They think they are going back to school, but I’m telling you it will only last two weeks” regarding my town.

I trust her!

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The kids will be ok and not show any symptoms even if infected. Go give grandma a big hug!!

And give mommy and daddy a big slobber kiss when you get home from school!! "New Normal" should be interesting...

Biden will be the least of our worries.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join