It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does free will mean you have a choice?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
some of us dont worship anything at all, so to me free will means just that, free will! but needs to be within the construct of societies rules, ie. being civil to each other etc. I believe in God but have no time for organized religion! genesis 6 talks about the son's of god, if that's the case then how can christ be the only son of god. do christians not believe in the old testiment! so much hypocrisy and viture signaling in a good many religious people! personally i believe God does not give a rats ass what we do
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller

I went to a church some time ago, the one in my town. I said God, this is your house.

A small time later I was reminded by the Bible God does not live in man made temples.

The word man made in that verse is crucial because there are temples God made for Himself.
edit on 19-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

To me the miracle of God is the earth itself ie. how a baby can grow from an egg into a person or animal or an acorn into a mighty tree etc, God lives in the heart and soul! I can't go for a priest telling me what they believe God wants us to do. a mindless flock. no one can know for certain what god wants or doesn't want and I see no point arguing with one that believes the bible is the absolute word of God

I was raised a not very strict Missouri synod lutheran, went to a lutheran High School, am an ordained minister (not affilated with the church)
believe in live and let live, a widowed Machinery Mechanic, but hey who cares but me

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TimHeller
Christ is another term for what is appearing in plain sight......Christ is the visible image of the invisible God.

Christ is the manifestation of God.

Only through seeing what is here and now will the father be found.

But the Father does not appear within the appearance.......because the seer is seeing.
The truth is hiding in plain sight.

Saint Francis of Assisi said:
What we are looking for, is what is looking.

edit on 20-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I think some things are predestined and in these predestined moments choices can be made.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join