It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for COVID-19 vaccine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yesterday, I did something I never thought I would do. I found a website where I signed up to volunteer to get a COVID-19 vaccine. I was inspired by news articles that stated that people were volunteering to try out various vaccines to combat COVID-19. I am at an age where I feel it could benefit to see how it affects those over 50. I am 56 years old, and live on my own now that my husband is permanently in a nursing home due to a stroke he had in February. I just feel I want to make a mark and help others. Yeah, I know it’s risky. Perhaps my mindset has changed a little since this pandemic started. Instead of becoming more fearful, I decided to be a little more daring. I think I have a purpose here, and I believe God is gently nudging me along this path.

I haven’t told anyone in my family I have done this. I feel my Mom and Dad would be freaked out, and telling my husband is not an option at this point. The last thing I want to do is make him anxious. So I guess this is my little secret, hence my stating it on here. None of you know who I am, so I feel comfortable talking about this on this site.

Am I bat#? Maybe. I do feel strongly committed to doing this though. Whenever I feel that way, I go with my gut. I have faith I’ll be okay in the end. I cannot sit around and do nothing. I served my country for 20 years in the Navy. Now I want to serve my country in a different way. Let’s hope this works out.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

I give you credit, I don’t think I would do anything like that.
Good luck to you, I hope it goes well.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
that is just NOT a good thing to do!

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I truly wish you luck.

The odds are against you, though (think autism).

I will never take any of their vaccines — EVER!

Please reconsider.

At minimum, do HEAVY research on what’s in the vaccine.

edit on 17-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Good or bad, It's your decision to try in an effort to help others.

Best wishes that all will come out well for you.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I promise I will do my homework. I’m not sure if anyone will even call me. I know they have specific parameters for people they would like to get the vaccine. I just feel like this is the right thing to do.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You didn't post the link for the website you signed up. I'd like to check it.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I promise I will do my homework. I’m not sure if anyone will even call me.

I’m holding you to that promise, even though I don’t know you. But I do care for people in general.

If they do call, please share what’s in the vaccine with ATS.

Maybe you will get valuable insight.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Here’s the link:

www.coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It does seem like you are committed. though with everything you have heard on ATS about vaccines you still want to go through with this?

I think you're heart and compassion is defnitely in the right place and I respect that.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just saw a report on the Newz...looks like antibodies start breaking down after 3 mos.

I wish You luck, You have more faith than I have.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
Now I want to serve my country in a different way. Let’s hope this works out.

You're not serving your country by doing this though. You're serving the interests of drug corporations and global organizations. You're putting yourself at risk so they can profit off the health of society.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Good luck. I mean that sincerely

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Good luck to you Chief! There is a reason you khaki wearing mofo's are the tip of the spear!

Keep us updated on how you're doing.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I understand why but, wow. I truly hope there's no side effects or that when you are exposed it will do its job proving you to be immune.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There will probably be an NDA involved or they may not even tell people what is in the vaccine.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
There will probably be an NDA involved or they may not even tell people what is in the vaccine.

Yeah. More than likely I will need to sign an NDA. I just feel strongly that I should do this.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: Trueman

Here’s the link:

www.coronaviruspreventionnetwork.org...

I checked. 18 months experiment. No way. Not even a compensation?

I think loneliness affected you in a very negative way. But I wish you the best.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Here’s another angle regarding wanting to volunteer to get a COVID-19 vaccine. I created a thread some time ago regarding the toll polio has taken on my Mom, who got it in 1946 at the age of 2 years. I watched her go through so many things when I was a child. It really did affect my worldview significantly. Vaccines don’t scare me. I spent 20 years in the Navy being vaccinated for everything under the sun.

I am committed to doing this. Everything in life has risks. I am willing to take a risk to help out.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
God bless you lady. They just don't make em' like you anymore.

And I don't mean the covid test dummy.

I mean the fact that you still have the fortitude, courage, and faith/compassion to do something selflessly.

You Mam, have my utmost repsect. And you will be in our prayers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join