It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for COVID-19 vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

edit on 1872020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Thank you for your service -- then and now. My dad was a Navy man... he was in Japan during Korea. He considered it quite an honor to serve in our Navy and swore it made him a better man than he otherwise would have been. I'll always have a special place in my heart for our Navy and all who serve.

Good luck, God bless, and brightest blessings.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good luck and I hope the one your tested with is the best one.

Thank you for wanting to help us all.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I feel so wonderful knowing so many people care, even though you all don’t know me. Believe me, I have thought long and hard about this. I almost feel like it’s a calling of sorts. I will do research before anything else happens. I may or may not get a call from the place I signed up for. But if I do, I’ll be ready. Thank you all.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
While I wouldn’t do it myself I give you all the credit in the world. I hope nothing but success for you and this vaccine. Stay healthy my friend.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse

I wouldn't do it if I were you, they do not know yet what adverse reactions can do to people.

I did hear something about what covid can do to people....seems an acceptable risk.

Well, you are welcome to go into a trial if you believe something like that. They need people who believe that it is safe to try an unproven medical treatment. I on the other hand have followed these trials since in the early seventies, I never lost my interest in medicine and read any medical articles since I quit med school. Oh wait, for maybe seven years I was running a test on Cannabis and observing how it effects myself and others....I didn't have any interest during those years of testing to study anything other than women and party life. I studied medicines and chemistry when I was in high school, I loved organic chemistry...pure nerd at that time just as I am now.

During the years of testing cannabis, my net worth dropped considerably, I had no interest in getting ahead at all, I actually had to sell my boat, truck, motorcycle, and other things to pay for my test material.

I know more about this disease than the majority of people, including many doctors who do not have the time to research all the research about diseases of this type. Maybe since so many were out of work they got to do research on it during the pandemic...many medical professionals here were laid off. But I have learned where to look for information over the last thirteen years of researching stuff and taking medical related classes. I am not limited to American sources for information, in fact, I find that European sources are superior and information coming out of Asian countries is also better for this since they have been researching it because it was pertinant to their area.

But people have the right to choose what they want to believe based on the knowledge they hold and their beliefs, I do not try to slam anyones concerns, my daughter worries too much but I just try to explain the whole story and give her evidence of how they are distorting evidence too much to promote fear. Yes, this virus is a concern, but it is not that hard to keep it from killing the majority of people.

Number one, you cannot boost an immune system that is being suppressed or is shot because the person is old and their immune system does not work anymore....vaccines are made to help those who still have an active immune system. The majority of those who have died are very old with a severe immune deficiency or are on immune blocking medications. This vaccine will not help a person in their eighties much if their immune function is really bad....there are lots of things necessary for our immune system to function properly.

If you feel this vaccine they are testing is going to benefit you go ahead and sign up, I on the other hand have researched vaccine trials for many decades, the majority of trials are discontinued on new types of vaccines.... FOR A REASON

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You said that you are 56. That means that your parents are at least in their 70's. On top of that, you have a husband who is in a nursing home from a stroke. Don't your parents and husband need you at this time in their lives? I think that the greatest gift would be to try to stay healthy enough to be able to be around them instead of being a guinea pig for an experiment that by all means probably isn't good. They are your family. I personally wouldn't take a chance. You've already done a lot for your Country.

Best wishes either way.
edit on 7/18/2020 by Inconceivable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Anyway,he told me a bizarre thing you may want to watch out for-a number of people having the same vaccine have reported a weird side effect-their cats have been scratching their skin!
Many of those tested who have cats have reported their cats have been scratching them-possibly they sense something different or they can smell the vaccine through the skin maybe..
The doctors doing the trail said they have been including the cat scratches in their reports as its happened more than a few times.
So something to look out for

Wow really?! If my cats don't like it, I don't either!
Thats wild.

Chief D, I wish you all the best. Stay well and healthy, you are warmly in our thoughts!

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
They are doing a similar vaccine trail in London-a friend of my Bro's has just passed the medical and had his first vaccine,no side effects so far-he has to go back in a week or two to get tested for antibodies.
Anyway,he told me a bizarre thing you may want to watch out for-a number of people having the same vaccine have reported a weird side effect-their cats have been scratching their skin!
Many of those tested who have cats have reported their cats have been scratching them-possibly they sense something different or they can smell the vaccine through the skin maybe..
The doctors doing the trail said they have been including the cat scratches in their reports as its happened more than a few times.
So something to look out for

BTW do you get paid for the test?
My bro's friend gets £280 (approx $500).
Which is not much really-especially if god forbid he gets bad side effects.

Good luck with it

Sorry couldn't resist,

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

My gawd! That's a damn impressive outlook and a brave thing you are doing OP! Words really aren't sufficient but, thanks so much! You must be an awesome human IRL. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted on your journey. And I'm so, so sorry about your husband.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I’ve volunteered to be a guinea pig for COVID-19 vaccine

I've considered doing the same, actually. I'm not worried about anything happening, nor do I GAF.

And I don't even get annual flu shots...

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The organization you're volunteering to work with is under Dr. Fauci's umbrella.

"The COVID-19 Prevention Network (CoVPN) was formed by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the US National Institutes of Health to respond to the global pandemic."

Good luck, you're doing something most people wouldn't.
edit on 19-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Some people on here are acting like science is honest 100% of the time, as if it can't be manipulated for money, power, or to do harm rather than good. Thought we should question everything and everyone. Guess that's just me.
Your heart is in the right place, but I really don't think the hearts of the people behind these vaccine trials are in the same place as yours. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DarkestConspiracyMoon

Well, I hope ChiefD gives us all the details of how the trial goes for her. What she feels, if anything at all, what kinds of symptoms she develops, etc.

I've heard that one of the trial vaccines has shown to cause narcolepsy in people. So, yeah I don't know about that.

I honestly have a hard time believing with alllll of the trial vaccines going on that there hasn't been much talk about the potential negative side effects.

Am I to believe that even with the vaccines that aren't making the cut that the people aren't took the non viable vaccines are okay?

What about a year from now? Two years from now? What if the new vaccines cause worse symptoms than without the vaccine?

I don't trust it.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I really hope you are being paid handsomely. I might consider it for 6 figures.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

What they are probably going to do, since its what they tend to do for years now, is compare with a so-called "control group" that received a different vaccine (rather than a true placebo).

They also rarely go beyond a few days or a week of observation, definitely dont test for virus interference, do not examine actual overall "health" in any way, etc. (Do vaccines, in their modern corporate setting, actually make society healthier?)

Dunno why the public has more trust in this corporate industry than in others like Nike, McDonalds, or Google (Alphabet Inc). Its almost like.. because the stakes are so high, people would like to believe that the goals of the business are pursued with more altruism and benevolence. They arent though.

Regardless, I respect where your heart is at ChiefD. Whether you get in this trial or not, I would encourage you to think about some things you can do to "help the world" on your own too.

Im sure there are plenty of skills and ideas that you can bring to the table that can directly help the world and people around you. Small things like smiles or small handmade gifts.. up to big things like helping someone repair their house, plant a garden, or even come up with novel inventions.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thank you all for your many kind replies. AutomateThis1, if I don’t have to sign an NDA and that, I’ll tell you all as much as I can if I get the call and wind up being on a clinical trial. As I mentioned before, I can’t just sit around and do nothing. I’ve always been the type of person when I see something I feel I can contribute to, I will do that in whatever way I can.

Panoz77, no, I’m not going to be paid for this. I’m not doing this for money. I would never expect to be paid for something like this, although I know some companies do pay people for taking part in clinical testing. I’ve had so damn many vaccines, and never had any bad reactions. I feel the faster a vaccine is developed, the faster we all can get back to “normal”, whatever the hell that is.

Serdgiam, Thank you for your encouragement. I’m thinking long and hard about other positive things I can do to help others. I don’t have a lot of money or skills, but I can always give blood and that. So I will keep pondering things to help others.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Well, good luck. It's not something I'd easily consider doing. So, I guess I have to respect the fact that you are so willing to do it and your reasoning for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The odds are against you, though (think autism).

What an absolute crock. Autism has been linked to vaccines but also to many other causes. You may have something like a 1 in 200'000 chance of getting autism from mmr jab, for example, but before the jab if you had M, M or R you had up to a 4 in 10 chance of dying.

Perspective, people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join