It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydroxychloroquine Still Doesn’t Do Anything, New Data Shows

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
originally posted by: puzzled2
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well I randomly selected 3 of your links. Searched for Zinc, didn't find the word

And yet, after 20+ pages, any claims with regards to Zinc as an essential and effective combination have been just that, claims. Thus far any considerations are based on speculation at best, with no actual study pointing to effectiveness. In plain english, you have nothing to show.

Why hydroxychloroquine’s appeal endures despite evidence it doesn’t work for Covid-19

The drug has consistently failed to show a benefit when tested in randomized, controlled clinical trials. Social science may explain why laypeople and doctors alike continue clinging to it.

So what explains the endurance of hydroxychloroquine’s appeal in Covid-19? The answer, it turns out, may lie in social science rather than medical science.

First, it’s important to note that science and data are not the main driving force behind hydroxychloroquine’s persistent appeal.

While there is always the possibility of a future RCT surprising observers with a positive result, the published RCT data to date all indicate that hydroxychloroquine is not effective. Studies from the University of Minnesota, Spain and Brazil have all failed to show a benefit. Most retrospective analyses have as well, with exception to one by researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, whose results have nevertheless faced skepticism due to multiple confounding factors. Another negative retrospective analysis, published in The Lancet, was retracted over questions about the provenance of data used.

Thus, much of the support springs from ideological tribalism.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Thus far any considerations are based on speculation at best, with no actual study pointing to effectiveness. In plain english, you have nothing to show.

Wow you still haven't grasped it -- HUGE DEVELOPMENT: 51 Global Studies Find HCQ Effective in Treating COVID-19 — 16 Find HCQ NOT Effective — But 10 of Those Are Late Treatment Studies!

Studies have been about as flipfloppy as Fauci and the WHO - No Travel Ban, No Masks, No Human to Human transmission - oops Travel Ban, Wear Masks + Googles, lock down - Bad Sweden. no beach but protests ok.

With so much uncertainty how are you so certain of the truth?

I linked to a study that said HCQ had No statistical effect, But supplied the data - The data was reviewed and depending how you group the patients it turns out there is a statistical benefit to HCQ in the vulnerable patients. The lead statistician on the study was a Gilean paid researcher that gave the results to the Author.... So who is telling the truth?

So as for being 100% confident in not taking HCQ +Zinc + Either Azithromycin or Doxycycline
if I hospitalised I'll opt to take it as its not been shown to be detrimental in your studies.
I'll assume you'll opt to wait to be sick enough to have the other stuff. Fingers crossed out T-cells make it a mute contest.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

but wondering also lead to the discovery of many things - Like wonder why milk maids don't get small pox.

So you never ever wonder what would happen if you opened your mind to other possibilities?

Surely you don't stumble blindly thru the world.

I wonder what dumb reply Southern Guardian will give next?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wow you still haven't grasped it

This, from somebody who uses Gatewaypundit as a source?

The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right news and opinion website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods and spreading hoaxes.

The fact you can't post without using trash sources is yet another redflag to add to the list.

They also solely source this claim of theirs from c19study.com... and there's an immediate note about their data. No systematic review, no meta-analysis, no randomized trials, mostly observational reports (of course, cherry-picked too) listed.

The only thing this website wants is to "show the amount of" reports, ignoring the quality of the evidence.

Disagree? Simply pick out a study from that core source and reference the findings (not your own biased unqualified intepretation, another fresh source).

The site itself also has a bit of the snail trail.

c19Study links to this Twitter page: twitter.com...

That account uses the hashtag #ZelenkoProtocol: twitter.com...

This is in regards to this twitter account: twitter.com...

Example of one of his posts? twitter.com...

ATTENTION- HCQ safe but causes psychotic breakdowns in patients afflicted by TDS, workers at toilet paper companies such as NYT, Washington Post, China News Network, shareholders of Gilead, creatures name Soros and Gates, a reptile named Fauci, and humanoid mutants named antifas.

Get off the shilling sources and come back with proper references.

Studies have been about as flipfloppy as Fauci

Apparently it's a great sin for Fauci to make a mistake over a novel virus, but god forbid we criticize POTUS for 12,000+ lies and misinformation.

So as for being 100% confident in not taking HCQ +Zinc + Either Azithromycin or Doxycycline

How can you be 100% sure something will work if there's nothing to show it works? Here's a straight forward answer, political tribalism and loyalty.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Oh dear, wonder why your tribal hate for all things Donald blinds you the fact you have not got a 100% fact of anything either. From your own quote

While there is always the possibility of a future RCT surprising observers with a positive result,

So much is a based on unknown variables in the studies. From bias, to type of study to patient types or even virus gene

Here's the thing, I don't care about the USA or DJT or the rest of the politics going on around the world.
Billions of dollars are being made by some, decisions are being made to cause maximum damage to high profile adversaries.
This is all being done with expectation of their survival - how can they be 100% sure?

Meanwhile the majority of the world without shares or greed in their hearts for power are suffering.

The current battle ground is potentially in all humans. Fortunately it appears not all of us will get sick or even show an antigen response to this virus.

DO YOU WONDER WHY?
Here is a question for you
-- What is it in the most vulnerable that is different from the least vulnerable?

Answer The immune system -
So what shall we study - ways to boost the human immune system or treat the chronic reactions?
........ (treat = make the biggest profit )
As we know it isn't in giving people free vitamins and minerals is it?

You asked

How can you be 100% sure something will work if there's nothing to show it works?

I am as confident of the triple treatment working as those promoting the vaccine working.
As a vaccine is declared a success with only a 50% effective rate.

I'll take the triple-T before I'll take the vaccine.

Do you wonder why?
80%ish of humans are asymptomatic,
T-cells don't leave a trace of an infection unless b-cells are used to create a protein.
12% that get sick recover on their own.
Those in the most vulnerable group are mostly immune compromised in someway and even a vaccine might trigger an adverse reaction.
So as I might not need a vaccine but I will need help boosting my immune system if I haven't already had it.
Getting a healthy immune system will help way way more than a 50-50 shot against covid-19.

How about you - sleeve rolled up ready for the Jabs?

Here's something else I wonder
:- if it would be better to make sure the most vulnerable group are getting a boost to their immune system rather than a shot to trigger a reaction.
Are studies being done in care home boosting vitamins and essential minerals?

Finally note
Just think of all the things in the world that has been revealed because people wondered if they were being told the truth by those in the know, only to find out they were lying.

Did you wonder why you care about the standalone HCQ treatment working or not? What do you gain?

edit on 11-8-2020 by puzzled2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What on earth is this? You keep blabbering on with little to substance, like the last poster.

References.

Sources.

Not your unqualified analysis or thoughts.

a reply to: puzzled2

While there is always the possibility

It's a possibility we may be invaded by an advanced Alien civilization in the coming years.

What somebody reported or believes is a possibility amounts to nothing in the face of the facts at hand. They've been posted to you, and will be posted again if you need reminding.

I don't care about the USA or DJT or the rest of the politics

You authored a thread not too long ago on arresting Democrat representative Ilhan Omar and Joe Biden's POTUS run. You've referred to Obama as Barry and called for Trump to unseal his college records.

Who are you fooling here? It's fairly apparent what's driving you and others here. That's been clear from the start.

Come back with the facts. Put up or go home. In the interim, the blubber will be cut out.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I dont know why you bother puzzled2 . i see who he is, i see his agenda, i see right through him, and he wont get a moment of my time,take care n stay safe out there a reply to: puzzled2

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Seems like you have plenty of time on your hands - you getting paid for this research?
Are those all opinions of your own or do you have someone do a study for you?

You have avoided answering questions that I ask and get well snarky when your own quote slaps you in the face.

Answering you will lead to thread drift - you have obviously got Demfever bad -

You have a nice day hope you and your family are safe and sound. Enjoy the working and living within the country of your choice. Try not to completely destroy it before Christmas. Because whatever happens between now and then there is going to be some real sore losers with the results of some studies. Can the usa hold a fair election?????? DBRT so far indicate no.

So back on track - HCQ science has not been proven beyond a doubt around the world to be a negative in the treatment of covid-19 EXCEPT in high dosages ( As in the oxford study and WHO and like any drug and patients with The known heart problems. ( Which filtering out from the trial drug appears to be a problem for Democrat leaning practitioners. CNN)

more UK Covid “experts” facing serious data manipulation charges interesting article from June 22nd by an investigative reporter

The Government’s leading body for Covid19 drug trials – led by the controversial character Professor Peter Horby – stands accused of grossly misleading negative trial results for the coronavirus management drug Hydroxychloroqhine.
Seems the context is they gave 4 times the amount to force failure.

Another report on July 28th with data from Switzerland who were using HCQ then stopped it when the fake lancet report was published and then restarted when cases went up.

The Science Supports the Use of Hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19, So Why Are Doctors Being Censored?

Don't have as much time like some stalker here but will see if there is more to the story since then. Perhaps stalker can do some global studies not paid for by big pharma and billionaire vaccine pushers. or actual prove his studies are legit.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Conclusion:

This little white paper aims to draw the reader's attention to the indisputable safety of HCQ, its remarkable efficacy against SARS-CoV-2, and the global political storm that has resulted in its unfair restriction of its use. We are in favor of its release for sale in the United States because of the impossibility imposed on the American population to access it either for treatment or to manage their fear.

For those willing to read the paper The little white paper on hydroxychloroquine

please be aware - like the earlier reference against HCQ admitted there might be studies the prove them wrong -
Editor's note: This white paper on hydroxychloroquine was written by Doctor Simone Gold. It represents the views of the author as of the date of publication.

As the stalker Said things can change.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I've cut out your off topic blubber. Back to it then.

HCQ science has not been proven beyond a doubt around the world to be a negative in the treatment of covid-19 EXCEPT in high dosages

No source.

more UK Covid “experts” facing serious data manipulation charges interesting article from June 22nd by an investigative reporter

No source again.

The Government’s leading body for Covid19 drug trials – led by the controversial character Professor Peter Horby – stands accused of grossly misleading negative trial results for the coronavirus management drug Hydroxychloroqhine.

No source once again.

Another report on July 28th with data from Switzerland who were using HCQ then stopped it when the fake lancet report was published and then restarted when cases went up.

No source once again.

The Science Supports the Use of Hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19

Where? Your source.

Don't have as much time like some stalker here

The door is right there.

Put up or leave.

Conclusion:

This little white paper aims to draw the reader's attention to the indisputable safety of HCQ, its remarkable efficacy against SARS-CoV-2, and the global political storm that has resulted in its unfair restriction of its use. We are in favor of its release for sale in the United States because of the impossibility imposed on the American population to access it either for treatment or to manage their fear.

For those willing to read the paper The little white paper on hydroxychloroquine

The paper is in French. It cannot be translated.

Post again, with references (in English), thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
those pesky cheap anti parasite drugs
why wont they ban them all.

Sydney doctor claims cheap head lice drug could ‘cure’ COVID-19

A renowned Sydney doctor is urging health authorities to give vulnerable people infected with coronavirus a cheap and freely available drug that he believes is an effective “cure”.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
And this will get buried too, They want a vaccine that they can put into everyone on the planet , not a cheap fix Its criminal the way this crisis is being manipulated a reply to: oddnutz

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

oh did you miss the fact this isn't an peer review paper site, it's a conspiracy forum you don't need a annotated source for each line.
1 link - covers it all. You click and you read if you want.

As for the inability of you to convert French to English that is your problem not mine.

I personally have the browser set on default to translate pages myself but that's probably too hard for you.

Thank you for your wonderful insight in the TDS mind, your really helping the cause.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
There have been a number of promising treatments against COVID19 so it's any wonder why people are still hung up on Hydroxychloroquine?

The new paper from the researchers, an un-peer-reviewed preprint, details what actually happened in the hydroxychloroquine arm—1,561 people got hydroxychloroquine, and 418 of them, 26.8 percent, were dead within 28 days. And 3,155 people got standard care without the drug; 788 of them died. That’s 25 percent. So: Hydroxychloroquine didn’t reduce mortality. Its use also correlated with longer time spent in the hospital and a higher likelihood of having to go on a mechanical ventilator. As the paper puts it: “not an effective treatment.”

Source

It's important to note that scientists conduct a wide range of studies on drug-medical use that may differ from one another in a number of ways. This study involved a Randomized Controlled Trial, considered the 'Gold standard' of drug trialing and testing. Prospective, randomized and controlled. Trialing was done on relatively healthy people, early on in their infection stage:

So the so-called gold standard of drug trials is called an RCT, short for Randomized Controlled Trial. That means people sick with the thing you’re trying to study get put into one of two groups, or cohorts, from the very start. They either get the drug or they don’t, and no one—not the researchers, not the health care workers, not the participants in the study—knows who got what. (That’s called “double-blinding.”) And the researchers try to make those groups as similar as possible in every other way. They’re trying to eliminate all the possible external factors that could mess up the study.

The evidence has been piling up for sometime now that this drug is no silver bullet:

Brazilian chloroquine study halted after high dose proved lethal for some patients

Basel study: hydroxychloroquine not effective

Three big studies dim hopes that hydroxychloroquine can treat or prevent COVID-19

Others have pointed out to the one Henry-Ford study of the several odd studies in regards to this drug. That said from an observational standpoint there appeared to be benefit from Hydroxychloroquine. An Observational studies means you're going back and looking at patients as opposed to folllowing them and going forward in time. With that particular study, when closely reviewed, it was realized that 80% of those patients in that study that were given Hydroxychloroquine were also receiving a steroid medication which had been shown to be beneficial, this conflicted with results given the mix of the two treatments.

Earlier, others have been clear on the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine. One of the Trump Administration's leading members of the Coronavirus task force and Director the National Institute of Allergies and Infections Diseases, Dr Fauci and the National Institutes of Health both made state ments citing that this drug was unproven in treating this virus.

Seems like the verdict is clear now.

Really I didn't know you were a Medical Doctor .

I work in a Hospital , I'm a nurse yes HydroxyCloroquine does work I'll say it again yes it does work . Is it a cure all ? no but it does work especially if you catch the virus early.

HydroxyCloroquine has been around for almost 50 years it has been used in Africa for decades to treat an asortment of Viruses , The problem with HydroxyChloroquine is the fact that it's been around for so long that it's generic there is no real money to be made off of it by the Big Pharma .

Now the new Covid Vaccine and this Remdisivir anti viral there are absolutely Billions to be made .

Use your brain go out and see for yourself stop listening to the Media.

edit on 12-8-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: themove1904

Thanks themove1904, your right, I should avoid the trolls.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Prepare to be shot down by the Hyroxy troll, he,ll call you a liar etc, i wouldn't give him the time of day,have seen countless Drs telling the same story all over the world but is seems they are all wrong and liars too .a reply to: asabuvsobelow

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Just visited my cardiologist who works out of the hospital in the city.
He says IT DOES WORK.
He says that everyone in the infectious unit is taking it as a precaution.
And so are a lot of the hospital staff that he knows.
None have caught COVID.
He says that if you do catch COVID while taking it, you should have a much easier time of it.
He explained how it stops the virus from grabbing hold of somethingorother ...
didn't write it down ... and that is why people don't get COVID or get it much less than others
if you are on it.

I'm on 400mg a day and have been for 10 years.
It's a safe and effective drug.
What is sad is that people automatically POLITICIZED it because Trump said - 'lets check out this drug that people have said might work'. If he had ignored the drug, then the left would be screaming that he didn't do his job and check it out.

Bottom line ... it works for many people.
To with hold it from people because of political bias .. and that's what the anti-plaquinel people are doing .. is EVIL.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

He explained how it stops the virus from grabbing hold of somethingorother ... didn't write it down

Seems he's talking about an experiment done with monkey kidney cells, in 2005, with the SARS virus. A recent experiment says that it doesn't work with human lung cells and the COVID-19 virus.

The researchers decided to conduct their experiments on a human lung cell line called Calu-3 to find out whether chloroquine has the same inhibitory effect here. After all, the novel coronavirus mainly finds its way into the human body via the lungs.

"The virus docks on the cell in the lung, is then activated by the protease TMPRSS2 and can thus enter the cell," explains Hoffmann. While chloroquine shows an inhibitory effect in the monkey cell model, it has no effect on the protease in human lung cells. "Here, it was shown that chloroquine does not prevent the virus from entering the cells," said Pöhlmann.
www.dw.com...

Here's the study, maybe show it to your cardiologist.
www.nature.com...

To with hold it from people...

But didn't you say this?

He says that everyone in the infectious unit is taking it as a precaution.
And so are a lot of the hospital staff that he knows.

edit on 8/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So will this Camostat mesylate pass the test

Camostat mesylate inhibits SARS-CoV-2 activation by TMPRSS2-related proteases and its metabolite GBPA exerts antiviral activity

OR is there not enough money in the treatment?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Seems to be some interest.
clinicaltrials.gov...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join