It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk Politics!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
FCD you make an extremely good point. I came to ATS because it was an open minded environment with a collection of the best minds I have ever seen.
Granted many of us have been drawn to one side or the other in the political debates of the last few years. I now understand a bit more how my parents felt in the sixty, during rioting and the war protesting, and what my dad referred to as them damn hippys.

Many of us on both sides see our way of life, our very existence threatened, but for very different reasons.

I hope that ATS can find a way to remain open, outside the mud pit, it’s still the best environment for the free exchange of information on the web. Every time I come here I learn something. I have made friends and acquaintances from all walks of life. I have also learned to open my mine a bit and explore other peoples opinions, to take a look from a different angle if you will. It would be a shame to lose it all.

Thank you all for your time.

edit on 15-7-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

members will have to find somewhere else to complain about blacks, obama, hillary, the poor, you name it.

Where have you seen members complain about blacks or poor people?? Lmao

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Discussions on the events of Roswell, 9-11 and such is what drew me to ATS, which was the best website to discuss conspiracy theories. They all may be government related but government and politics are two different things.

All the BS about red vs blue or Trump vs Obama does not interest me. When I come to ATS looking for something of interest and find so many political threads instead I feel that I've entered an all you can eat restaurant that only serves BS.

This is not the ATS I used to care for.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Still waiting for Bigfoot and Uncle Mars Man to write a book 🤓

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

All the BS about red vs blue or Trump vs Obama does not interest me. When I come to ATS looking for something of interest and find so many political threads instead I feel that I've entered an all you can eat restaurant that only serves BS.

I’m really happy you used this buffet analogy.

It’s really a self control issue here then. Like many obese people that eat at buffets.

If you don’t like politics — don’t click on it. It’s just that simple.

Much like an obese person with a food addiction. If you’re trying to lose / maintain weight, don’t go to a freaking buffet.

Take a moment and crunch those thread numbers. Think about it, if most the threads are political, that means politics are keeping the site alive. If ATS didn’t evolve through the years — it would have died not long after the 2012 debacle.

This again, coming from someone who rarely participates in political discussions.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: spacedoubt

It’s not about the subject matter as much as the ability to discuss and remain civilized.

Spacedoubt, you're talking about partisan debate, which will inevitably tie into deep-seeded social concerns, issues. It's going to get heated at some point. Either you accommodate and regulate it, as mods had been doing on this forum since, or not have it at all. There's no in between.

Yes partisan debate.
You can find that crap anywhere. Everywhere.
Everyone is both an expert and a moron.

There is not much debate here currently.
It’s dad jokes, vape memes, and parroting repetition.
Cut and paste phrasing. It’s not even debate.
It’s like a restaurant with a huge menu, but no matter what you order, they just bring cold soup, and corn muffins.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 01:02 AM
link   

(post by BoneSay removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is beneficial to put a crook in politics, maybe their cunning can actually benefit the people who voted for them. Been that way since I was a kid. If a congressman is not corrupt when he gets elected, within a year of making deals with the devil they turn corrupt or suffer the consequences.

Back when I was a young kid, we had justice of the peace and a constable in every township in my county. They were part time positions, elected (I think JOP was, constable was elected, though). It was a given that they were crooked, on the side of the locals. $100 speeding tickets were a thing in 1973, w/ the $$$ going into the ''Township General Fund''. Usually a 3 way split- JOP, constable, fund. Think i read somewhere that one term could set up a nice retirement account.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join