It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk Politics!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Yes, this is posted in 'General Discussion', and there's a reason!

So let's talk politics. Not here, but just in general.

So many have said "politics" ruined ATS, and there wasn't enough UFO stuff.

So, let's examine this...

1. Roswell - Yep, it was UFO's, but it was government who covered it up, right?

2. JFK - A conspiracy indeed, but it was government who misled America, right?

3. RFK - another government conspiracy.

4. Project Bluebird - Yep, it was UFO's, but government was involved, covered it up and buried it.

5. Area 51 - What other place was so obscured by government to the point of not even acknowledging it's existence?

6. Stealth - Government, right? Tacit Blue anyone?

7. And then there is Sept 11, 2001 and the WTC attacks!

All of you who want to talk about something "other" then politics better wake TF up!!

All of you who say "politics" ruined ATS need to remember; it was politics which actually made ATS GREAT!!

So...put a sock in it!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Let's talk Politics!

No!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Divide and conquer flies right over most folks heads these days

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yeah I hear ya and have said it before.
Politicians and the government is the biggest conspiracy the world has ever seen.

The conspiracy of politics just surrounding the kung flu is mind boggling.

(post by Southern Guardian removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dude you post more mud pit left right crap

I do, yes. My point still stands.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It is beneficial to put a crook in politics, maybe their cunning can actually benefit the people who voted for them. Been that way since I was a kid. If a congressman is not corrupt when he gets elected, within a year of making deals with the devil they turn corrupt or suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I know plenty who were on the left that came to the right . But i don't know a single person who went the other way around . I'm sure there are , but no where near leaving team blue to red. Or blue to nothing at all. Its a right leaning echo chamber because , sane people exist @ the right . Trying to defend against the insanity , treason and anti american nonsense the left loves to play . The reason the left don't like it here and don't usually survive . Because their bs is easy to call out
btw space spaces , triggered , not sure what gender you are etc... is all traits and bodily function of the left. There are many places they do love to swarm tho ! Twitter
! Facebook ! Youtube etc ! you know why they thrive there and not here ? Because the right doesn't get censored and banned here
Unless you do some serious violation of t.o.s

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Discussions on the events of Roswell, 9-11 and such is what drew me to ATS, which was the best website to discuss conspiracy theories. They all may be government related but government and politics are two different things.

All the BS about red vs blue or Trump vs Obama does not interest me. When I come to ATS looking for something of interest and find so many political threads instead I feel that I've entered an all you can eat restaurant that only serves BS.

This is not the ATS I used to care for.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Discussions on the events of Roswell, 9-11 and such is what drew me to ATS, which was the best website to discuss conspiracy theories. They all may be government related but government and politics are two different things.

Bingo.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Discussions on the events of Roswell, 9-11 and such is what drew me to ATS, which was the best website to discuss conspiracy theories.

Who do you think instigated / suppressed those supposed conspiracies?

They all may be government related but government and politics are two different things.

Unfortunately, you’re wrong. The conspiracy realm can only be described as a boiling down process. Of which ATS has immensely succeeded over the last 20 years, or so.

What most the conspiracies have boiled down to are, unfortunately — governments and politics.

Do you not believe they haven’t spent copious amounts of R & D, in all the alternative subjects that were the foundations of ATS?

edit on 14-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

edit on 14-7-2020 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It’s not about the subject matter as much as the ability to discuss and remain civilized.

Civil discussion leaked away.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
It’s not about the subject matter as much as the ability to discuss and remain civilized.

Civil discussion leaked away.

You’re absolutely right!

They have competed their directive of division / polarization.

The question is — will we comply in the systematic division? Or will we unite?

I choose the latter.

Who is the enemy here?

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

What most the conspiracies have boiled down to are, unfortunately — governments and politics.

I can relate to this being conspiracies by the governments and influenced by the politics at that time. However I stand by my statement that "government and politics are two different thing". Threads wining about which demo. or repub. is "bleeping" who is of no interest to me. Especially as no practical solutions to correct these issues are presented, at least in the threads that I have read.

Right or wrong that is all I'll add to this thread. Good day to everyone.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Spacedoubt, you're talking about partisan debate, which will inevitably tie into deep-seeded social concerns, issues. It's going to get heated at some point. Either you accommodate and regulate it, as mods had been doing on this forum since, or not have it at all. There's no in between.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   
So we have a crashed UFO, a dead president, stealth technology, unacknowledged sites and an act of war. All covered up. Sounds political to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

Let's talk Politics!

No!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join