It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lock up the old/young/sick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Is it discriminatory to think that instead of the healthy people, the “at-risk” people should do us all, and themselves a favour and stay at home.

North America already locked up its elderly with the advent of old folks homes...so part of the job is done

Keep the economy open, give 600 a week or whatever TF to the sick and at risk people and let the healthy people support them by keeping the ball rolling and taxes payed
edit on 10-7-2020 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That’s called common sense my friend.

But the media don’t want you to know that.

We could set up secure systems to ensure the vulnerable remain isolated and with plenty of food and their medication. These systems would cost less than what my U.K. gov has spent so far.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Well hell yes, lets just get us old F***s out of the way. I mean were just in your way, right? Can't believe what I just read. This world needs another cleansing.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ADUB77

Basically, more or less what we normally would expect to do during a pandemic of this nature.

Instead, this time the world lost its #ing mind.

And there were enough nodding, unquestioning, forelock-tugging morons to embrace that insanity.... leaving the rest of us living in some form of Kafkaesque nightmare.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How about we all stop playing sadistic mini-tyrants and throwing people to the wolves??? Let people consider their own needs and circumstances, and take the appropriate precautions for themselves.

I don't even believe it's about "protecting" anyone anymore, because the precautions don't fit the risk. Now it's just about selfish and controlling people wanting to dictate to everyone else.

And no, the ends don't justify the means. There is nothing reasonable or compassionate or helpful about the demands being made on others. Not from a medical standpoint, not from a practical standpoint, and not from a FREEDOM standpoint. In fact, our government critters are supposed to be protecting the people from exactly these mini-tyrants who would force their will on the rest of us. Everyone has the right to do for themselves and by themselves. No one has any right to demand others do for them -- especially when those demands create other problems for other/all people.

Do you care how many people have died alone, afraid and helpless because when they needed someone to take care of them there was no one to do so? Do you care how many people have gone without necessary medical care for other conditions that will kill them? Do you care how many people have committed suicide or self-harmed? Do you care how many women and children have suffered untold abuse locked up with their abusers and nowhere to run or hide? Because they were forced to self-isolate! Do you give a rats patootie???

If folks are scared of a virus and don't have the fricking confidence or wherewithal to take care of their own bodies, then go crawl under a rock and we'll let you know when it's over. In the meantime, the badasses can keep living -- including caring for the ill! -- and keep the world going.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't lock them up. If someone is susceptible to getting a virus then the normal, common sense thing to do is to stay at home or make sure you're safe if you have to get out. But we're not in normal times as society's desperate rejects are running all of these big cities where everyone is getting infected. They're running totalitarian rules and fining/jailing people for not wearing a mask, and cutting off water supplies to businesses who don't abide by their rules.

It's #ing ridiculous, it's dictatorial when this whole time, these same people setting these dictating rules are the same ones who claimed Trump was a dictator. I can't believe there aren't people lined up to tell these people to get #ed in their face.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: pugsrpugs

Well hell yes, lets just get us old F***s out of the way. I mean were just in your way, right? Can't believe what I just read. This world needs another cleansing.

There's a new wave of kids who think it's trendy to hate older people and call them boomers. I don't know if the OP is one of those or not and just wasn't really thinking when the thread was made, but my parents are "boomers" (65 and 68) and if someone ever tries to lock them up, they'll find themselves in a situation that they'll never wish to be in again.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

North America already locked up its elderly with the advent of old folks homes...so part of the job is done

Um, and how has that worked out? in general, and more pertinent, how has that worked in this pandemic?

I just hope the border stays closed, we got enough of you fools invading already.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
Is it discriminatory to think that instead of the healthy people, the “at-risk” people should do us all, and themselves a favour and stay at home.

Keep the economy open, give 600 a week or whatever TF to the sick and at risk people and let the healthy people support them by keeping the ball rolling and taxes payed

Ah the merrygoround,

Kick the kids, kill the elderly.

(SNIP) idiots, if i were old and you would try to lock me up i would beat you back up your mommas hatch.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

How about we just grind them into pink slime for Mickey D's?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Heaven forbid you stay home in air conditioning with an assortment of fruits, vegetables, meats, breads...and a variety of appliances to cook them

Most likely a big screen tv, watch some sports

Staying at home is doing your part, going out and getting yourself sick or wanting the world shut down so u can go out into a shut down world?

Think about it logically
edit on 10-7-2020 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How about we just grind them into pink slime for Mickey D's?

You said it not I, this ain’t Sparta nor Rome...

I said 600 a week to stay home and possibly used “lock up” as a bait word

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

5 State Governors are Under Fire from Congress right now for doing just that. Eliminating the expensive old sick people.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

5 State Governors are Under Fire from Congress right now for doing just that. Eliminating the expensive old sick people.

The boomer problem is one of self importance, you were coddled through the good times and Ill equipped for even stagnant times. A post is made about 600 a week and a boomer hears “grind me up and throw me out” while a person works for less than that and that same boomer made 600 a week in 1986
edit on 10-7-2020 by ADUB77 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I'm getting the 600 a week and still working part-time. I hope it continues on and on and on....

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That’s good for you man and I hope you all the best, I payed 610 in income tax for last weeks work. Obviously I made a lot more to pay that much tax but if this continues I will be layed off in a real recession and I don’t want that again, although we’re probably there now...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The boomer problem is one of self importance, you were coddled through the good times and Ill equipped for even stagnant times.

Oh my -- belly laugh!!! Boomers aren't the snowflakes!!! Nor are the self-important ones those giving others the respect and freedom to make their own choices.

If we actually respected the different needs and circumstances of everyone, and provided the encouragement and support to meet those needs voluntarily, no mandates would be necessary to achieve the same result. Under no circumstances are they proper.

A post is made about 600 a week and a boomer hears “grind me up and throw me out” while a person works for less than that and that same boomer made 600 a week in 1986

Boomer this! Boomer that! So many biases and presumptions! Starting with the presumption that the poster you responded to is a Boomer...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What are you assuming? 'Secure system' doesn't mean lock you away....

Get a grip.

It means a system that won't crumble. A system to deliver you goods and medication without you risking your life! A care system.

Jesus you got the wrong end there!!

EDIT: Honestly, I'm astounded, really astounded. And your reaction is to CLEANSE me?

SNIP

EDIT 2: OK maybe in over reacted. I’ve cooled down. I don’t want to lock you up just be sure of that. I want to make your life safer, better and I understand simple, yet effective ways of implementing safe management systems.
edit on 10-7-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2020 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/11/2020 by Blaine91555 because: snipped comment not allowed

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Just sayin'.....

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't think you are wrong. There is a lot of people who would automatically react to your statements, but if they thought about it they would come to the same conclusion.

There are a lot of people who would die from the flu. They get the flu shot, they stay home more, they use hand sanitizeer... whatever. However, this pandemic has made it so everyone has to do this and do that to protect others, specifically the immune compromised and the elderly and whatnot.

I agree with you. The rest of us should be allowed to live life and take chances or not, and the ones at risk should do their best to protect themselves.

There is a thing called personal responsibility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join