It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

asymptomatic people DO spread the covid 19

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Upon further study, the World Health Organization has determined that covid-19 does not spread from someone who is asymptomatic.

Incorrect. That is not what Kerkhove said. And she did clarify what she actually did say.

Van Kerkhove was clarifying an answer she gave at a World Health Organization news briefing on Monday. In response to a reporter’s question, she said transmission of the virus from people who never develop symptoms appears to be “very rare.”

She said in the few studies that have been able to follow infected people who never get symptoms, to track down every person they’ve been in contact with and monitor those people for infection, transmission appeared to be “very rare.”

“I was trying to articulate what we know” from a very limited number of studies, Van Kerkhove said Tuesday. “In that, I used the phrase ‘very rare.’ It’s a misunderstanding to state that globally, asymptomatic transmission is very rare.”

www.webmd.com...

edit on 7/3/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A LOT of people in this thread don't seem to understand that a lot of people have to get tested frequently for their jobs, and my town is testing everyone who has to go into the hospital for any reason. That's probably how he knew he had it but wasn't showing any symptoms.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If you believe anything the WHO, or Gates, or Fauci say, you have much bigger problems than just a made up virus. These are people and organizations that have lied out their ass, stand to make billions of dollars off forced vaccines, will have taken complete control over every aspect of our lives, believe in depopulation, and are run by terrorists. All of a sudden since January they are all trustworthy and have our best interests at heart?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
obviously you did NOT read my post or the article I linked..I said right in the first post that the asymptomactic HAD BEEN TESTED AND IT CAME BACK POSITIVE,,how more clear can I make that.......did he islolate I don't know was not in the article..I did find another article that said the guy had symptoms that went away by the time he went to the party...so he thought he couldn't make anyone sick

someone else there with covid well that is a real long shot........the a symtomatic guy nmust have heard was friend was sick he called mr macias and the other peopleat the party told them all he tested positive had no symptoms went to the barbecue didn't think he could make anyone sick...he told them to get tested 12 others came back positive......I guess he called these people for the heck of it

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
What I'd like to know is . . .

Was the asymptomatic individual the only infected person at this gathering?

How did they know they were infected unless at some point they had symptoms and tested positive?

If tested and they knew they were sick, how long did they self isolate and did they retest before they came out into the public again?

Certainly this infected asymptomatic person understood the risk they posed to others, esp. those who are at risk, and would have taken precautions like distance, face mask, refusing to shake hands, etc.

I've been to a couple gatherings over last weekend and took needless risks like hitting off a bottle, hugs, and otherwise "old normal" behavior. I'm waiting to see if I get sick now, if I wasn't already back in Feb. Stupid, I know, but it sucks to be loved and a part of a social group and hard to say no after this long lock down.

ETA: Last weekend, I started out keeping a good distance but had talked with a couple that recovered (no masks on anyone). Then I partied all night with some old friends and got pretty drunk. I regretted it the following morning and for a couple days as I recovered from the hang over. We must be vigilant, now more than ever and it only gets harder to do the longer this goes on.

Yeah, didn't read it, my bad, so sorry. Thanks for the reply though.

Didn't really even want to explore this guy's case after being such a stupid ass last weekend.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join