It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mississippi legislature starts process to change state's flag

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Well Lincoln won the presidency and wasn’t even on the ballot is ten southern states.
That’s when most of the confederate states left the union so they had a declared border.

Just because the north didn’t recognize the border doesn’t mean it didn’t exist.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

The Confederacy lasted 4.5 years.

They also went through three flags as well, one of them below;
The Stainless Banner Flag

The flag is also known as the Stainless Banner, and the matter of the person behind its design remains a point of contention. On April 23, 1863, the Savannah Morning News editor William Tappan Thompson, with assistance from William Ross Postell, a Confederate blockade runner, published an editorial championing a design featuring the battle flag on a white background he referred to later as "The White Man's Flag."[6] In explaining the white background, Thompson wrote, "As a people we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That’s when most of the confederate states left the union so they had a declared border.

Doesn't matter what or whom they declared. Texas v White

They lost. The rules were set and made clear. Move on.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sounds a lot like the American revolution...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

American History is Written in Stone . You Cannot Change it , Only Learn from it's Mistakes . Ignorant People cannot Understand that , and have No Right Telling Others who Do to somehow Deny their Heritage for the sake of Bringing Anarchy to the United States Of America for their " Own Good " ......... .

Your heritage is not denied, unless you define heritage by flags and statues.

As far as history? Read a book. Visit a library. If you want to learn about the losers.

Statues aren't erected for losers.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Daughters of the Confederacy seem to like the image of a magnolia..but that's a white flower so the sjw's(Taint Reeves) in Jackson will never go for that....

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Sounds a lot like the American revolution...

It sounds like history.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Changing the flag will make everyone become magically nice. Excellent, no more problems there.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Before the Civil War , All Americans were Citizens of the Republic , Including those Residing in Southern States . Their History is OUR History . To try and Destroy the Tokens of Our Past Today is Outright Un-American . You are Obviously Not a Nationalist , so I can See how you can Talk so Disrespectly of My Country's Heritage like that .............

edit on 28-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

American History is Written in Stone . You Cannot Change it , Only Learn from it's Mistakes . Ignorant People cannot Understand that , and have No Right Telling Others who Do to somehow Deny their Heritage for the sake of Bringing Anarchy to the United States Of America for their " Own Good " ......... .

Your heritage is not denied, unless you define heritage by flags and statues.

As far as history? Read a book. Visit a library. If you want to learn about the losers.

Statues aren't erected for losers.

You are a Pathetic Excuse for a Human being for saying that . You must Also Really Hate Yourself for being an American IF you even are , am I Right ? ....Pfff!
edit on 28-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: Gothmog

No I go by what Thomas Jefferson wrote about states rights.

Oops replied to the wrong poster.
I apologize and outta here

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

My gripe with the Confederacy stems along the fact they were traitorous scum that turned on the Union and lost out in the end.

Actually you have history as wrong as one could possibly have it.
Learn .

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Actually you have history as wrong

Oh really? No Texas V. White? The secessionist South didn't lose in the civil war? The first shorts weren't fired by the South in Fort Sumter?

No. No, we know those are facts of history. You know it. You've just got your little spin on it, as with many others on here.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You are a Pathetic Excuse for a Human being for saying that

I don't know what's more shameful than waving around a flag representing traitorous citizens who turned on their own. This great country wouldn't be here if they got their way.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Overall it's a good move, some might call it virtue signaling, but sometimes the signals of the virtuous is what heals.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hahahaha

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Did they start the war?
It’s kind of a point of view.

The confederate army fired the first shot but it was on their side of the border.
The union refused to leave southern territory.

There was no 'Southern Territory.' That's the point. It was never anything more than a #ty idea dreamt up by old racist folks. It was quashed and allowed to stifle out Evidently, it should've just been burned.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'd say, let them change their flag if that will make them feel a better person.

Maybe the new magic flag can change people.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Does this mean that I can't
watch re runs of "The Dukes of Hazard"?

Boss Hogg ,the Muscle Car Mustang,
and Miss Fuzzy Pants?

Gee whiz , it seems that many have substituted
hate and anger for laughter these days.

Beaming it right through the Cult of Social Media
airwaves. Total Psy Op

S&F

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

The Republicans see the youth vote and are trying their best to get reelected.

This is what politicians call, listening to their constituents.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join