It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridicule

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hopefully I will get something positive here.

I put a post on another board about rH- blood and reptilians (I am rH neg) and all these people came down on me! And these are supposed to be educated people!!

I also had another post, on another board that was recently re-formatted, about my work. The new format had a forum that called for work stories. So I put a post about my work. Then I get these responses where people say "You are TOO SMART." Like they want nothing to do with me. I don't think I come off as a "know it all", and beside which- I was talking about my past work -- now I am unemployed! I said so in this post, straight out! I can't have any attitude, I am an unemployed deadbeat! I can't see why people would take issue, especially since I have only been a mechanical engineer----this is just a 'regular joe' job to me! Its not like a Theoretical Physicist!

Why do people want to dis me and start with me? Jebus, I was just addressing the subject at hand!

And why are people so adverse to the idea of alien creatures? And/or hybrids? Doesn't their office have Diversity Training?

I think I just answered my own question. Ridicule of the different is a powerful tool in keeping knowledge down. And the powers that be like it that way, and even promote it.

A little sympathy appreciated!
And I am not going on anymore backwards boards either!

Other "negs" , do you get this crap?
Any new research developments out there?

Jebus I wish I was in a different universe!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So what exactly do you want? Informations on Reptilians? I don't think you'll get any.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The reason you get that reaction is because its WAY outside the social norm.

If you and I sat down and I told you about the gnome that sorts my socks at night and started talking about how elastic was invented to make sock gnomes happy, wouldn't you kind of wonder about me?

On ATS people expect you to talk about wacky stuff, in other places and forums, people don't.

Also most people have never heard or or don't believe in the whole reptilian thing. And it sounds really crazy.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
You know what Niki I completly understand where your comming from. I posted a subject on here about the Area 51 Alien Interview I spoke out from my heart to let everyone know what I know. And the sad thing was I had people jump down my throat. It doesnt bother me though, I respect their opinions they can say what they want but if they want to hide from the truth then so be it, just remember when they said I Never Knew That, when it was told to them 5 years ago or however long it took.

Second on your question about the Reptilians are you talking about the Draconians? That's the only thing I know about that are Alien Type. They live underground in the Dulce Bases spread through the western and southern states. A good 2,6 or 4.2 miles underneath the soil. It is said that they are the ancients of this planet. They have great knowledge and power and it goes on. If this helps great! But if I was way off I apologize take care!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Listen to yourselves. Does this not sound just a little strange?

And some of you wonder why others don't take you seriously. :|

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I started a similar thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Crap happens at most all message sites that's why there are moderators and administrators - people who recognize abusive characters, abusive posts and people who are not following the rules and act on them.

Thats reality and though repeat offenders eventually go away there's allways two more new members to take their place. Advice: try not to take insults personally, sometimes we-all have to walk between the rain drops.
There are times when I flame back, but I ask myself 'am I right?'.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
See above, as well as this thread, dealing with Ridicule...as it isn't fostered here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hey all,
Thanx for replies, I feel better now! (Could be the beer too!)

Also, I wanted to say, where I was getting this BS was no where near ATS! It was this other board, that had just been reformatted, asking for 'unusual' stories. Ask and you shal receive: so I posted some thoughts. Then these jokers came down on me......

Well, who cares now? The people here are way cooler, I knew you would understand.

NN/RR

PS: I always keep an open mind towards everyone's ideas and experiences, and I thank those for similar thoughts.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So Niki, are you going to share your stories here on ATS?? Go ahead and post them so we can have a look-see.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
People often get ridiculed and quite often even insulted just because our views on life differ from them...

I try never ever to ridicule, but sometimes I am A little bit more skeptic about things.

But when I get good enough evidence, I will believe the people that come with the stories...

LizzardsAmok is an example, no one believed him, not even me...at first, then I talked to him on yahoo and got to know him a little better, he knows more than most of us...

and I am very sure you know quite a bit your self niki....

Try not to take it all to heart, just know they are ingorant jerks and you know better...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
The reason you get that reaction is because its WAY outside the social norm.

If you and I sat down and I told you about the gnome that sorts my socks at night and started talking about how elastic was invented to make sock gnomes happy, wouldn't you kind of wonder about me?

AHA!

I knew that the sock gnomes had an agenda!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Niki, there is a big difference between someone like me aying,

"Niki, i don't buy into your assertions because I don't see any evidence for it. Show me some evidence and I might buy into your ideas",

and

"Niki, you complete bonehead! Anyone who believes the way you do is a complete fool, plus you got bad breath, you jerk!"

The first response is okay; and if you post here, you're going to get people who respond like that.

It's the second response which is uncalled-for and not allowed here. So if someone calls you a fool or a jeerk, you contact a moderator, I'd bet that person would get an admonishment.

But if you get a lot of responses like the first example, don't be surprised or dismayed; there are some people here who reallly view things in a much more pragmatic and "evidence-required" way.

I am one of those people.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
niki did you go over my link i gave you?
im O- also and have similar views.....

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would really like to know how I get my own sock-gnome.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Niki, there is a big difference between someone like me aying,

"Niki, i don't buy into your assertions because I don't see any evidence for it. Show me some evidence and I might buy into your ideas",

and

"Niki, you complete bonehead! Anyone who believes the way you do is a complete fool, plus you got bad breath, you jerk!"

The first response is okay; and if you post here, you're going to get people who respond like that.

It's the second response which is uncalled-for and not allowed here. So if someone calls you a fool or a jeerk, you contact a moderator, I'd bet that person would get an admonishment.

But if you get a lot of responses like the first example, don't be surprised or dismayed; there are some people here who reallly view things in a much more pragmatic and "evidence-required" way.

I am one of those people.

Nice post OTS. Skeptisism is natural and healthy IMO. Abuse on the other hand is not tollerated here.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yep, it seems alot of people confuse skeptism with ridicule, and it stuns me that they're actually shocked people aren't open to their whacky ideas sometimes.

If someone comes on and says "A UFO landed in my backyard this morning and the aliens came up to me and said the end of the world will be June 5th, 2012" I am not going to be open about it, I am not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't know them from Adam and as far as I'm concerned I will not buy into it until I see some proof, and in some far-fetched stories as the example given above I will believe they're someone having a laugh or not all their dogs are barking.

Give me reason to believe you, try and obtain evidence. You have to at least earn a complete strangers trust in order to get the benefit of the doubt. If you think I'm going to buy any story you throw at me just because you insist it's the truth you're sorely mistaken.

However, personally I'm a very reasonable guy and I'll hear anyone out, but it's always fairly easy to tell when someone is completely full of it and they shouldn't expect to be taken at their word.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi,
Me again, thanx again for replies! I have posted stories, and/or said stuff about me in replies. It's mostly boring, I have rH - blood, I feel weird, I saw a red ball of light one time. Nothing truly astounding. Yet a bit off at the same time..........well, I am sure you have seen my ideas on other threads.

But I do have an interest (its that 'weird feeling') which is why I like to talk to people here.

I think all these things, big and small, (and obscure!), add up to
something.

I feel new experiences coming on.........
(I hope so! I need a JOB!)

NN/RR

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A few last thoughts,
No I got definite ridicule! It was NOT 'well, hm, I don't know.....'
It was 'You're nuts and ought to be shrunk', various jokes, etc.

Which I guess I could see, if we were talking about, say, the Stock Market, and I launched into this other subject. But.

This reformatted board (sent me an email to say so, all about the new topics) ASKED FOR these type of thoughts. It was headed that way, a whole forum. So this is why it stings: They asked for it! And I didn't even say anything all that shocking either! Just a few thoughts, Jebus I cannot believe how these people came down on me! But I do see, that they really are trying to change this and get some 'new blood' so to speak, but they ain't gonna get it unless they have the "old timers" cool down a bit. Jebus.

In any case, I think-beside my venting here-this may show us a rather scary thing: It seems that sheeple will go up in arms even over the smallest deviation! Wrong SHOES! WE'LL KILL YOU! One wrong word: you're strange........Ah, this Fascist, Conformist, Land of the free! You know what kills me about conformity? These sheep NEED inventors and visionaries.....where did they get their iPod from? They need to suck your ideas, but you will be ridiculed and outcasted the whole way!

The whole episode made me even more wary to express thoughts (even when asked for!). Thankfully, I can still find some open minded kindred here!

A PS to LA: Yes I looked at your stuff (links), I even read your whole story and links on that, and I believe you. I will U2U you about this, I am going to right now because I am watching the (much hyped) 'Dragons' show, hoping to get some reptile insight, but its boring!

NN

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Yep, it seems alot of people confuse skeptism with ridicule, and it stuns me that they're actually shocked people aren't open to their whacky ideas sometimes.

If someone comes on and says "A UFO landed in my backyard this morning and the aliens came up to me and said the end of the world will be June 5th, 2012" I am not going to be open about it, I am not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't know them from Adam and as far as I'm concerned I will not buy into it until I see some proof, and in some far-fetched stories as the example given above I will believe they're someone having a laugh or not all their dogs are barking.

Give me reason to believe you, try and obtain evidence. You have to at least earn a complete strangers trust in order to get the benefit of the doubt. If you think I'm going to buy any story you throw at me just because you insist it's the truth you're sorely mistaken.

However, personally I'm a very reasonable guy and I'll hear anyone out, but it's always fairly easy to tell when someone is completely full of it and they shouldn't expect to be taken at their word.

Well said. I agree.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join