It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

You're alone in this, Neutron, there's nothing we can ďo to help you.

Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Not false per se, more incomplete. The most valuable sacrifice is what really hurts to be given and there are quite a few places of sacrifice where the "given to the gods" were under 18 beautiful, healthy and promising.

Well the question is was it about Jesus at all? Because there's no peace and humanity has never been further from "healed".

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The curse of freewill.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And they forgot to mention that in their advertisement?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Peeple

The curse of freewill.

Maybe the curse is the 'sense' of freewill.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Pi. It's just so fricken irrational.

Irrationality bugs the hell out of me.

Irrational numbers do belong in the category of real numbers. See:

In mathematics, a real number is a value of a continuous quantity that can represent a distance along a line. The adjective real in this context was introduced in the 17th century by René Descartes, who distinguished between real and imaginary roots of polynomials. The real numbers include all the rational numbers, such as the integer −5 and the fraction 4/3, and all the irrational numbers, such as √2 (1.41421356..., the square root of 2, an irrational algebraic number). Included within the irrationals are the transcendental numbers, such as π (3.14159265...). In addition to measuring distance, real numbers can be used to measure quantities such as time, mass, energy, velocity, and many more.
Real_number

There are imaginary numbers too, like the square root of a negative number.

Pacho's concept of God may be likened to an imaginary number, not real.

But irrational is still real. The square root of a negative irrational number is imaginary.
edit on 9-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

You

I have no intention in pleasing the God you believe in.

Then what is the “truth” and decided by who?

I do not glorify God.

Do you believe the universe was created by one entity. If so, I would think that deserves to be praised. And given to the god of creation.

Or is it more like treating extraterrestrials that bioengineered life on earth like the people that make ford trucks on a production line?

how do you do it?

Does the creator of the universe still exist? Then try to open yourself to a relationship. Or is the god that created the universe able to be a part of this universe? So effectively there is no god?

You

I do not serve truth.

I think loving your neighbor as yourself is a good start. A better truth than Aztec sacrifices.

I think donating to shelters and food banks would honor the creator vs building a pole barn to hoard crap. I think building a pole barn to hoard items before helping house the homeless is far from the truth.

Truth? Is there life after death? Can you be of great physical wealth, but sick spiritually?

So, is there a truth to be found? And worth discussing?

If you stated this “ I do not serve truth..”. Then it seems a moot point to post in a thread titled “ Wanted: Honest intelligent productive thinking to resolve the issue God exists or not.”.

So either by your own admission your wasting your time in this thread if there is no truth to serve, or your a hypocrite.
edit on 9-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

edit on 9-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 9-8-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Lying about the truth you will change your way.

What am I lying about...I said I can not argue for or against something that we are incapable of to understand, prove or disprove. So what is the argument? lol

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

You're destroying something so beautiful for yourself if you believe your own reasoning.

Is that "beautiful" heaven?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Or is the only truth we as a species are to be born to grown and have more babies. If you helped in the process of making more babies, seems you served the truth if you liked it or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
God is not an entity.

So my take away from others here is they are basically saying that God is everything in and out of our universe...always been and always will be... That power that could be driving an infinite number of universes.

The part I want people to align is where does one's soul and morals fit into all of this that is basically Abrahamic religions, and that doesn't really fit the other part of this infinite power of everything.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I don't believe in 'individual souls'.

Life is happening.......

It's like a movie....... there appears to be lots of different people but no one is 'in' the body.

Zen enriches no one.
There is nobody to be found.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Life is happening.......

It's like a movie....... there appears to be lots of different people but no one is 'in' the body.

Zen enriches no one.
There is nobody to be found.

Humans are really good in living in the abstract...we do it all the time.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Do you?

Has it ever been considered that to know what anything is, one must find out what oneself is first?

edit on 9-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Or is the only truth we as a species are to be born to grown and have more babies. If you helped in the process of making more babies, seems you served the truth if you liked it or not.

And what if I had no babies? What then?
edit on 9-8-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do you?

Has it ever been considered that to know what anything is, one must find out what oneself is first?

Humans in general spend a good amount of their time in the abstract, it is what makes humans human. You are right now spending about 90%+ in the abstract talking to me on a computer that was once an abstract thought too. We can't help it...it is how we think. Things like math and religion are pure abstract thoughts and even though we can turn some abstracts into real things like your computer it doesn't mean every abstract is the same. Religion is about as real as DC Universe or Star Wars is...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And what if I had no babies? What then?

Then your traits do not add to evolution... The reason why our bodies start falling apart after the age of 35 is because we are not making that many babies after that age, and so evolution basically stops around that point.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We are word and idea junkies; we are addicted to semantic systems.

This means that we use words/ideas with an unchallenged confidence that they bear a somewhat accurate correspondence to the actual state of things, Reality.

Within a limited context this may be somewhat true. We can record information, instructions, recipes, etc. in words, and another human will be able to use those words to approximate the "real-world" conditions we intended to refer to. This semantic functionality has apparently given our species a large evolutionary advantage.

BUT... for "spirituality", inquiry into Reality, into our true condition, words/ideas are worse than useless. They are potentially our biggest impediment.

This is because we may tend to assume that the objects/actions which words refer to, ACTUALLY EXIST IN THE WAY THE WORDS THAT REFER TO THEM SEEM TO DEFINE THEM. That is, we may tend to view our experience as being actually made up of the objects and actions that the words we are using to describe it imply.

This is a fundamental mistake, due to the fact that ALL experience is in actuality an infinite, constantly changing, non-repeating, indefinable (in any final way), unpatterned field of miraculously appearing Radiantly Present "energies" existing nowhere else than IN experience, perceived by unknowable, miraculously appearing "consciousness". But our use of words implies that objects and actions may actually exist in the way we refer to them, as knowable, definable objectively existing "beings", "things" and "situations".

This is actually NOT the case.

THE OPEN DOORWAY
www.theopendoorway.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I think loving your neighbor as yourself is a good start. A better truth than Aztec sacrifices.

Indeed yes.

I read once that a Spaniard tortured the "truth" out of an Aztec about those sacrifices.

He was told that the only way that the Sun could receive back His due was for it to be transported on that stream of blood shooting up into the air after the knife plunges into the chest.

There is a reason that I don't engage in Sun worship. I hope it isn't mere prejudice on my part.

edit on 9-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
MONO

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Pachomius

The universe that has a beginning some 13.8 billion years ago definitely and certainly has been brought into existence by an entity in concept as the creator cause of man and the universe and everything with a beginning, which is called God.

Why? Because you do not understand what is outside of your universe, and never will, so you label it God?

Tell me then, dear Xtro, who is in charge of your nose that it does not fall off your face uncertainly?

And where is this entity, in or not in our universe?

You are bringing in universe(s) outside of our universe, the one and only one we have access to and live in.

What you are into is plain fiction, of no worth except fantastic nonsense or amusement for unthinking kids who know nothing of critical thinking, i.e. honest intelligent productive thinking.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join