It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow marks 75 years since victory over Nazis with traditional parade on Red Square (FULL VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
The way the U.S and U.K have tried to rewrite history. Deleting Russia's huge part in winning WW2.

Too right
Here in the UK our casualties were something like 2% of that suffered by the Soviets. Says it all really

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
Russia did not know that Hitler would turn on them, and when did, that's only they became allies.

Err....................... Russia (USSR) knew exactly that 'at some point in time' Hitler (certainly) would turn on them. Hitler knew the same

Both states were pretty much new inventions

Germany as a state was only a few decades old much less than a century

USSR as a state was even newer just a decade or three old

Point being both states were new inventions, both were new kids on the block, both states had completely new ideas on how to run a bunch of human beings Nazism and Communism and both were very much on the grow...........................

At some point such conflicting ideas along with massively growing economies were certain to clash at some point in the future

By dividing up Poland they both bought time

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
The way the U.S and U.K have tried to rewrite history. Deleting Russia's huge part in winning WW2.

Yep.................... Too right my friend

What I will say is I always consider the war (in the West) being won by the Soviets hard efforts and far out technology. War in the East, helped by Brits, Indians (same thing til 1948) Aussies etc, but largely it was done by the Yanks pure and simple. Yanks beat the Japanese and won the war in the East

In the West USSR did the job pure and simple. I always said Soviets destroyed the Nazis, sure Brits Yanks etc secured a second front in the West and South and to the individual service man / woman their own effort was equal.................. But Soviets did the brunt of the battling.

Let's put it this way..........................

Even after the Brits, Yanks and others (yes I'm thinking of you Canadians
) created these new fronts in 1944 the Nazi's still put 80% of the output (yes 80%) of their military industrial complex to the Eastern Front to attempt to stop the Soviet war machine and completely failed to achieve any success and were destroyed in Berlin

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Err....................... Russia (USSR) knew exactly that 'at some point in time' Hitler (certainly) would turn on them. Hitler knew the same 

Point being both states were new inventions, both were new kids on the block, both states had completely new ideas on how to run a bunch of human beings Nazism and Communism and both were very much on the grow...........................

At some point such conflicting ideas along with massively growing economies were certain to clash at some point in the future

How does that change the fact that Russia signed an agreement meaning that Germany would not invade Russia, and the fact that Russia and Germany invaded Poland.

Russia had no intention of attacking Germany, it Germany forced that hand by invading Russia.

Thst is the only reason Russia became an for us in the war.

They helped us win that war, no denying that, but people seem to forget the beginings.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

That was a great watch. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Bally

And cheers Razor for the Vid.

edit on 24-6-2020 by bally001 because: Cheers to Razor

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure but I don't think that the Soviet People believed anyone would try a land invasion in the middle of winter, they were probably like WTF.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I'm not sure but I don't think that the Soviet People believed anyone would try a land invasion in the middle of winter,

The invasion of The Soviet Union by Nazi Germany began in the month of June.

Hardly winter.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I was trying to say that unless the Germans thought they could kick Russia's ass that quick in a ground war type thingie. The Nazis weren't prepared to fight the long game, blitzkrieg wasn't working that time and the Russians were like wtf.

Thanks for correcting me too btw. sometimes I just get exicted.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: alldaylong

I was trying to say that unless the Germans thought they could kick Russia's ass that quick in a ground war type thingie. The Nazis weren't prepared to fight the long game, blitzkrieg wasn't working that time and the Russians were like wtf.

Thanks for correcting me too btw. sometimes I just get exicted.
The Russian winter was their downfall.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I wish the world was a better place I would like to visit Russias Battlefields from ww2 in winter just to see what those war fighters on both sides were up against, look at the terrain. When I was still in the Marines I got to check out some things in the European fronts and cities but never got to places like Japan, Russia, and North Africa. Spent a long time in the middle east though.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How does that change the fact that Russia signed an agreement meaning that Germany would not invade Russia, and the fact that Russia and Germany invaded Poland.

Russia had no intention of attacking Germany, it Germany forced that hand by invading Russia.

Thst is the only reason Russia became an for us in the war.

They helped us win that war, no denying that, but people seem to forget the beginings.

They did win on the eastern front, but only with MASSIVE aid from the US of A.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
utopia A - utopia B

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Every country played their part. Not one country won that war.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Every country played their part. Not one country won that war.

t's true, if it was not for Russia, things would have been different, but let's not forget, at the begining of the war, Russia was not one of our allies. Russia was in league with Germany, and both Russia and Germany invaded Poland together.

Russia did not know that Hitler would turn on them, and when did, that's only they became allies.

Even though Russia and Germany signed an agreement, Hitler hated communism, so invaded them anyway. That's the only reason Russia became an ally. Otherwise they eould have most prob taken over other European countries alongside Germany.

How funny, you are in complete rejection of real history

First, the entire issue was allowed to happen because France and the UK signed a deal with Hitler one year before the war, and Lenin went to the UK and France asking them to not sign that deal and warning them about war, they did not care. So after that Russia went and made that deal with Germany you talked about.

It's all politics

So in that aspect, why was the US still helping Germany until years later very much into the war? Why was IBM helping Germany with US goverment permission, that allowed to send computers to Germany that would track the Jews and allow to find them and kill them? Why? Look into that first?

And finally, it wasn't Russia who became and "ally" of the UK. It's backwards, the UK had been fighting Germany but it was because of their dumb choice, Russia had no reason to intervene just as the US did not did until later on in the war, once they figured out who would win. russia offered an alliance, the UK thought they were better with Germany ONE YEAR before the war. So Russia was in way before the US/UK joined against Germany, and it was the US who joined the allies in the end. Stop being so arrogant and self entitled, you don't know anything about real history mister. You were are lost otherwise, accept reality as it happened already

Go look into why the Italy, the UK and France did not care what Germany was doing one/two years before the war, and how Stalin went and asked for them to ally against Germany and they refused and instead this happened

www.history.com...#:~:text=On%20September%2030%2C%201938%2C%20Adolf,in%20the%20name%20of%20peace.
Since you talk about "the beginning" perhaps you should know the real one, and not fantasy one you were told lmao

Odd that representatives from Russia went to talk about this Munich deal way before it happened and were send off by France and the UK, then there was no recourse but go deal with Germany directly, once the war started, suddenly it was Russia's fault, how odd indeed, are you all ten years old?

"It was his fault not mine, he started it!" Apparently so

Also i'll wait for you to point out my "mistake" on this post, or the couple ones
Because it's funny to nitpick when you know that's last recourse lmao
edit on 25-6-2020 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

What? Maybe you should read all of my posts on this thread before you make assumptions.

Please tell me how my history is wrong about Russia. Did they not team up to invade Poland? Did I dream that? Are you saying if Germany did not invade Russia, then Russia still would have switched sides?

Attacking Russia was one of Hitler's biggest mistakes in the war, because with both Russia and Germany, they would of had a much stronger chance of winning that war, but Hitler was so full of himself and arragont, he thought Russia would fall against the German army easily, and of course he was wrong.

So none of what I am saying is false. The only reason Russia became an ally, is Because Germany broke the agreement attacked them. After that, Russia had no choice.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What? Maybe you should read all of my posts on this thread before you make assumptions.

Please tell me how my history is wrong about Russia. Did they not team up to invade Poland? Did I dream that? Are you saying if Germany did not invade Russia, then Russia still would have switched sides?

Attacking Russia was one of Hitler's biggest mistakes in the war, because with both Russia and Germany, they would of had a much stronger chance of winning that war, but Hitler was so full of himself and arragont, he thought Russia would fall against the German army easily, and of course he was wrong.

So none of what I am saying is false. The only reason Russia became an ally, is Because Germany broke the agreement attacked them. After that, Russia had no choice.

As usual, lame answer, you are running away from the truth, didn't i posted your OWN reply where you said something about "the beginning"
So which beginning is that?

Aren't you old enough to go running away from the truth, all you said is just empty words

Let me say it again, Italy, the UK and France made a deal with Germany to deliver Czechoslovakia to Germany ONE year before the war, so they would not be invaded in the same way. They gave away a full country to Germany to avoid getting hit by Hitler... And Stalin went and tried to talk them out of it to prevent the war, they did not care!

Are you getting old that you can't handle the truth?

All you said afterwards is just noice

Let me quote again, in case you forgot because you have a very short attention span, so it seems

It's true, if it was not for Russia, things would have been different, but let's not forget, at the begining of the war, Russia was not one of our allies Russia was in league with Germany, and both Russia and Germany invaded Poland together.

Even though Russia and Germany signed an agreement, Hitler hated communism, so invaded them anyway That's the only reason Russia became an ally. Otherwise they eould have most prob taken over other European countries alongside Germany.

So after the Germany, the UK and France signed an agreement between them and Czechoslovakia was given to Germany for that, then Germany still attacked the UK. What would you call that? Who went first to help the UK once Germany hit them bad? Was the US? Japan? Italy? France? Who could have that been?

And who won WW2? Did you read your history books correctly old man?

You are totally, unprepared for this conversation, mister, clearly you just going to try and twist words around to excuse your lack of real knowledge about what happened at that time

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Russia never became an ally of anyone else, Russia fought its own war, please go read a real history book, you look like a small kid defending his father against some other kid that is more grown up. It's shameful, please stop shaming yourself out of ignorance

Let me guess, it all happened in the US, right? And US soldiers were at the front of it all and they lost 20+ million people across all territory and battles, and there were tons of cameras making sure the soldier deaths were captured fully, blood and cries and stuff, and then also cameras delivering the "your son death yo!" to their mothers and families in some southern US town

That's all, right?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Nonsense.

You need to take a look at The Soviet Unions arms production during WW II

The Soviets where producing in as many armaments as Germany and it's allies.

The Soviets also had DOUBLE the amount of Military Personnel as that of Germany.

When looking at military production of the Soviet Union and the Axis countries in Europe it is clear that whilst there exists a gap in GDP and resources extracted, there is an almost equal amount of military weapons being produced. This is largely to do with the way Soviets designed and mass-produced weapons

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 25-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Seriously, not only are you arragont, but also clueless. I will respond when I am not working, but the fact is, that Russia invaded poland. Soviets wanted parts of eastern Finland, but the Finnish government refused. The Soviets invaded Finland in November 1939, but the Finns kept the Red Army at bay

So, if Hitler did not invade Russia, then Russia would have helped, and invaded European countries along side Germany.

You can carry on with your arragont responses, I do not care, but history is history, which anyone can look up.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Please tell me, the Soviet Union signed a non aggression pact with Germany. What else was part of that pact?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join