It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flag Burning and Freedom of Speech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I believe flag burning is as much freedom of speech as writing a protest sign. It may not be popular but if you can't even burn your own flag, it wasn't your flag to begin with.

To seek jail time for anyone trying to exercise 1A is a fascist move no matter how emotional the act of someone saying what they want makes you.

A fascist move no matter how you spin it:
www.forbes.com...

Bill Hicks still being relevant:
youtu.be...

Nobody dies for the flag, they die for the interests of wealth and power.

How insecure are you Mr. President to be this upset over a piece of cloth?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Psilocyborg

If it’s just a piece of cloth,, why is a confederate flag so damn offensive then?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Because of the importance and value it represents.

I'm not dumbing myself down and ignorantly saying, "It's just cloth, just another flag"

As a Nationalist and Patriot, we emphasis on such things, being Active Duty Military, further embellishes that and because of that importance I place upon my flag, any day, at any time, when I look upon those Stars and Stripes, I fell a sense if invigoration.

That's the way I am and I would caution any stupid person to try and burn a flag in front of me, I'm that dude running towards it, regardless of mob.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Jonny Cash said it best. You have the right to burn the flag. But if you burn a flag in front of me, I’ll shoot you. I for One believe he would have. I feel a lot like he did. It’s best to never tempt fait.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 23-6-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

How do you feel about the Confederate flag?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Michelle Obama hated the U.S. Flag, even though it's nothing more than a section of cloth material. People are "triggered" in different ways.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Michelle Obama hated the U.S. Flag, even though it's nothing more than a section of cloth material. People are "triggered" in different ways.

This is true.

The very fact that she said that in that clip really pissed me off, I was like, "wow", these people really hate the US.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Jonny Cash said it best. You have the right to burn the flag. But if you burn a flag in front of me, I’ll shoot you. I for One believe he would have. I feel a lot like he did. It’s best to never tempt fait.

www.youtube.com...

I feel the way you do about the U.S. Flag. It's what it stands for (over 1 million deaths of brave Americans) that makes it so insulting when someone desecrates our symbol of the ultimate sacrifice.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

This is true.

The very fact that she said that in that clip really pissed me off, I was like, "wow", these people really hate the US.

Yep...That is just one way we knew that Michelle and Barack did not want what was best for the citizens of our country.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I believe flag burning is as much freedom of speech as writing a protest sign.

And so did the Supreme Court back on June 21, 1989 in its decision on Texas v. Johnson case.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

People are free to burn the flag. However I know many people my self included that will make sure you think twice before lighting another one.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

See you in court.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Freedom of speech is Not attacking the symbol of others beliefs.
Stop burning flags and attacking symbols of others beliefs.
That is just Evil. and even Adolf Hitler fail'd to take it away from us.
you will fail like all the others. how ever many You kill and terrorise.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ANTIFA is holding a "Flag Burning" event at Gettysburg on July 4th.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Another group called PatriotSnipers say they're going to be positioned to "do some things" to the flag burners.

Gettysburg is Not a good place to be on July 4th this year.
edit on 6/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

See you in court.

Well I'm not sure typing in all caps on the interwebs will land someone in court.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Protestors hang a large U.S. flag from a street light near the White House late last night, and SET IT ON FIRE.

President Trump had just returned from Arizona, and saw it burning.

His reaction: www.the-sun.com...

If adult protestors desecrate Old Glory, showing disdain for the thousands who have given their life for our continued freedom, they should receive a mandatory prison sentence of 10 years, just like the statue destroyers will soon be getting.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think if you paid for the flag, whatever one it is, then you can burn the thing and it is no one's business but yours.

That said, people do get upset by it, so is it right to go out and do something that you know will really upset people?

How do you think it would go down if, say, someone made a BLM flag and then torched it?

Same action as someone burning a US flag, same message of "I disagree with much that is represented here" but the protagonists have changed.

We all feel some effect or hurt when "our" symbolism is attacked, to deny that is to be foolish.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Phage

See you in court.

Well I'm not sure typing in all caps on the interwebs will land someone in court.

It certainly should.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

ANTIFA is holding a "Flag Burning" event at Gettysburg on July 4th.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Another group called PatriotSnipers say they're going to be positioned to "do some things" to the flag burners.

Gettysburg is Not a good place to be on July 4th this year.

I've been saying since the COVID shut downs that if this continued until the 4th of July, there was going to be a lot of trouble. It's seems something is brewing, this Antifa event is more evidence something big is going to happen.

On last night's "Ground Zero" radio talk show, Clyde was going on about "mysterious fireworks", the increase of random late night explosions that are powerful enough to blow windows out at times, but no news reports even after the huge increase in 911 and police calls. Apparently there are also pallets of professional fireworks being found in urban areas, like those bricks that were staged for the protests. Also, there are reports of massive shipments of fireworks and explosive components being shipped in from China and the far east into LA and then by rail to Chicago to be distributed around the states.

I have suspected for a long time that it could be the final straw to have the shut downs continue past Independence Day. I figured if that were to happen it would trigger a lot of angry people who have had their freedoms taken away and their life shattered by this mess. When you have so many that have lost almost everything and see no future, there will be a violent reaction from such a triggering event.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It is free speech and should be allowed.

Same with putting up statues people may find offensive.

Too bad many people don't actually practice what they preach.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join