It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers trade racist memes conspiracy theories and Islamophobia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Investigative reporters Will Carless and Michael Corey spent a few months looking into whether law enforcement officers were involved in hate groups online. They were surprised at the amount they found in a short period of time. At least 14,000. They belonged to both racist and anti Semitic groups. Including groups that posted. Warning the language below and in the article may be offensive.

The group contains hundreds of hateful, racist and anti-Semitic posts; links to interviews with white supremacists such as Richard Spencer; and invites to events such as the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville. Users regularly post memes featuring Pepe the Frog, the alt-right mascot, with captions such as, “white people, do something.” And there are explicitly racist jokes, such as one with a photo of fried chicken and grape soda with the caption, “Mom packed me a niggable for school.”

The 3 part article can be found here.

www.revealnews.org...
edit on 23-6-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Title edit to reflect source title

(post by panoz77 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

That link doesn't work for me.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The linked page is either gone... or it is a bad link.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I agree with the idea.

Pages post all kinds of stuff and people mostly just like stuff they glance at. This is just more racism is everywhere crap.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Is this the article you were trying to link?

To protect and slur

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

hate groups

Yuor link is dead "page not found"

do you have any names of those "hate groups" something tells me they are things like
"Pro-Life Community Public Group"
“The Conservative Standard”
"United States Of America 2A"

you know places that put facts over fee-fees

“Mom packed me a niggable for school.” that's f-ing hilarious actually. except it need a slice of watermelon WTF... i just showed a bunch of my black friends just to be sure, they all agreed

have you ever heard of a joke?

never take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.
edit on 23-6-2020 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

there it is:

violent anti-government groups such as the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters. lol

as per usual: hate groups = people the left disagree with

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Your link is broken or the article was deleted, but I suspect the entire nonsense is based on the Oath Keepers.
SPLC falsely slanders the Oath Keepers as being racist because they don't kiss the liberal ass and anyone who doesn't kiss the liberal ass is a racist according to the ridiculously biased SPLC. Sadly, we live in a country where the media largely takes SPLC's judgement on a group's status as the gospel. In reality, SPLC is a collective of sore losers and retards that have become the poster children of everything wrong with the cancel culture movement. (Disagree with their politics and they will slander the crap out of you.)
edit on 23-6-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

These cops have worked at every level of American law enforcement, from tiny, rural sheriff’s departments to the largest agencies in the country, such as the Los Angeles and New York police departments. They work in jails and schools and airports, on boats and trains and in patrol cars. And, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting discovered, they also read and contribute to groups such as “White Lives Matter”

You know, nobody has ever explained how "White Lives Matter" should be instantly viewed as racist, but "Black Lives Matter" is not to be viewed as such... seems like a double standard.

And almost 150 of the officers we found are involved with violent anti-government groups such as the Oath Keepers and Three Percenters.

More tomfoolery. Oath Keepers and 3%ers aren't "violent anti-government groups," they're Pro-Constitution groups and, frankly, they represent exactly the attitude every proud, patriotic American ought to embrace about the country. If your right eye offendeth thee, pluck it from the socket and cast it aside... similarly, if your government offendeth the Constitution, pluck it from office and cast it aside.

Lonnie Allen Brown of the Kingsville Police Department in Texas, a member of three Islamophobic groups, posted a photo of a young black man with a pistol to his head with the header, “If Black lives really mattered …. They’d stop shooting each other!” He also posted an image that read: “Islam. A cult of oppression, rape, pedophilia and murder cannot be reasoned with!”

Not sure anyone can logically disagree with officer Lonnie Brown on either point, truth be known.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The thing is, sometimes people join a group to keep an eye on how members of that group think. I could see some cops doing that so they might be able to predict what members of the group might do or how they will act. It does not mean all of those LEO's were actually agreeing with that group. If you want to know your enemy, you have to understand how they think.

So, this evidence might not be relevant....just because a LEO belongs to a group on the net does not mean that cop is in league with them, but I am sure some of them are. A cop might have talked with another cop that is a partner and want to know how much of a loose cannon that cop is too, so he can keep him or her under surveillance to know if his partner is going to go nuts under a situation.

I am guessing some of the names on that list are there because of some of the things I mentioned, or just because a cop said to check out a site to his partner. It does not mean that that cop is going to actually be bad. But it is something that should be considered though if they do belong to a group like that.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You know, nobody has ever explained how "White Lives Matter" should be instantly viewed as racist, but "Black Lives Matter" is not to be viewed as such... seems like a double standard.

I think the "Black lives matter" slogan was designed as a set up, knowing "White lives matter" would be the oh-so-obvious response. Especially given that no one ever said "White Lives Matter" until after we were all told that "Black Lives Matters." What they didn't expect was for anyone to say, "ALL lives matter," and the natural conclusion that Black lives AND White lives matter BECAUSE all lives matter.

I've seen a meme going around attempting to explain why "all lives matter" is so offensive in response to "Black lives matter" that depicts firemen putting out a house on fire, with people standing around saying, "but ALL houses matter." And the takeaway is that we're supposed to think, "Ahhhhh... but this is the house on fire right now, so of course it gets the attention." I think the real message should be, "Of course all houses matter, and if we don't put out this house fire, then all of your houses will burn to the ground."

But that doesn't feed the divide-and-conquer. Too many Black people really believe that they are the only ones affected, and that anyone suggesting otherwise is denying their reality. So they fight for their victimhood. So freaking sad.

More tomfoolery. Oath Keepers and 3%ers aren't "violent anti-government groups," they're Pro-Constitution groups and, frankly, they represent exactly the attitude every proud, patriotic American ought to embrace about the country. If your right eye offendeth thee, pluck it from the socket and cast it aside... similarly, if your government offendeth the Constitution, pluck it from office and cast it aside.

The Oath Keepers and 3%ers committed the ultimate transgression: They offered real practical help to the real victims of the riots, the BLACK residents and business owners trying to protect their homes and businesses. The Oath Keepers have actually created a program to help anyone and everyone develop a plan and organization for doing the same for themselves in their own neighborhoods. If you're trying to scare folks with riots... or bad police... or disbanding police... There's no place for empowering and enabling people to take care of themselves. Defeats the whole purpose.

Not sure anyone can logically disagree with officer Lonnie Brown on either point, truth be known.

I can disagree on the first point -- "If Black lives really mattered" -- because of course Black lives matter. Black lives are not devalued because some choose to kill. And there are plenty of people (notably mothers) in the Black communities trying to fight the gangbanging and gun violence so prevalent in the inner cities. They just don't get the same oh-so-positive public attention and support as BLM, which tells us everything about those pushing BLM while ignoring everyone else. No government grants and no corporate donations and no free publicity for them.

However, no disagreement on the latter point -- "Islam. A cult of oppression, rape, pedophilia and murder cannot be reasoned with!" The best we can do is make our boundaries clear, and our commitment to protecting and defending those boundaries from any that would dare trample them.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Considering there are more than 800,000 LEOs in the US, that's actually a pretty low number. Probably a lower percentage than in the general population. Are you complimenting them on how low that number is? You should be.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Considering there are more than 800,000 LEOs in the US, that's actually a pretty low number. Probably a lower percentage than in the general population. Are you complimenting them on how low that number is? You should be.

I had come back to make this very point. I'm glad you did.

And I'd bet this number is actually high, in that some officers with multiple accounts with different monikers were counted multiple times. It actually supports the research that shows only a handful of police departments have excessive force issues, while the vast majority of police and their departments DO NOT have this problem.
edit on 23-6-2020 by Boadicea because: clarity

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
So just how many of THOSE Groups are labeled by... lets say... Media? Far Left?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I honestly don't care what LEO does on its own time.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I honestly don't care what LEO does on its own time.

Isn't it funny how people bitching about how low pay in this country is and how anything even remotely hinting of your employer "owning" you or your time in the workplace or outside of it are the same ones who apparently believe employers should fire employees for "unapproved opinions" held and shared off the clock?

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
14,000 is a very low number compared to an estimated one million officers in the US.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What a crock of S***.
Which sites constitute 'social media hate groups'???
It's easy to highlight one or two, but until they show all the sites and how many officers are members of each, I am calling total BS on the 14,000 claim.

That said, 14,000 is a very low number. Thats about 1.5% of officers in the USA

So why not a headline of 98.5% of police officers nowhere to be found on online hate groups.

In reality that 1.4% is probably more like 0.14% when you only include REAL hate groups, not the ones some liberal hack has designated.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
They lost me at "Reporters..."

Got that familiar "fake news" stink.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join