It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT ATTENTION The Time is Now to Save ATS!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

PM sent to FCD. I can offer help in all departments although as someone previously said I would need to either be involved with or be given opportunity to analyse the business plan and strategy before offering investment.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Would it not be an option to start from scratch and advertise the new platform on ATS before it shuts down?

Could offer current ATS site owners a percentage of the new site revenue as an incentive to drive adoption and migrate the user base curtailing the need for large initial investment.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Is an NDA, business plan and great escape required?

Just buy a similar URl and set up a basic message board without image hosting.

Probably cost about 50 bucks a year.

Or just do what everyone is going to do anyway and start using one of the many similar sites.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I appreciate your position Mac and envy your economic status that you would seriously consider making a substantial investment to keep ATS up and running.

I also understand the position of not caring for recognition, in fact I like the humbleness in that. What I would like to see though is if, ATS becomes a member ownership enterprise, just who those owners are.

We know, or at least are told who the present owners are and for the most part we all agree with the rules of the site that they have laid down. But a member owned site seems to me to be a much more complex enterprise and one which if multiple owners are involved, who will be writing the rules at that time.

And what could be the threshold for ownership and admittance into this ''rule making'' circle. What would be the marking point between owners and members, possible monthly dues paying members. Would those members have a say in the running of the site? I doubt it.

So If you want to be part of this purchase I applaud your efforts.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Meh, it's probably about time this place ends. It went from alt news to 24/7 political mud pit.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

Would it not be an option to start from scratch and advertise the new platform on ATS before it shuts down?

Could offer current ATS site owners a percentage of the new site revenue as an incentive to drive adoption and migrate the user base curtailing the need for large initial investment.

That’s a possibility.

Additionally, FCD has dropped out of the leadership role. He simply doesn’t have the time. I already thought there must have been two of him.

There are people still working behind the scenes. Unfortunately, I cannot give too much info.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Who has taken over?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would love to see ATS saved. It's my favorite place in the interwebs. Unfortunately I am unable to come up with investment funds but I am all in on a monthly or yearly sub. My fear is that people will move on to somewhere else and some of us won't know where they went, where we should go.

I also wonder why a new site can't be started and opened up for those of us willing to pay a sub for it. Either way, I don't know where to go next or where to go if ATS closes and I'm afraid many of us will just be left behind. Is there any way to find out where folks are going or where people plan to go if this doesn't work out?

I've Been here for years. I've been a proud member for years and in awe of some of the work members of this site do, I don't want that to end.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
According to my name and Registered date I'm new here , but the truth is I've been here since 2007 under another name I simply took a break when I was in the Military and decided to make a new account as I was very young under my other one.

This place has changed that is for sure and from what I can tell reading all the info about ATS shutting down the original leadership is tired of keeping this baby afloat.

What is really happening here is you guys are trying to take a sinking ship and plug all the holes and get her back on course while still at Sea , you need to abandon ship and get back to shore .

What I mean is Purchase the Domain name of ATS and back up the forums on some drives and then let this original domain die let the old leadership leave, and then re-structure and re-build a brand new site under the domain name ATS yes the site will be down for a few months even a year but building a whole new site takes time, it will be an opportunity to Re-make the site of the old ATS .

But trying to salvage this old domain is going to do nothing but cost you money and time , in the end what ever the problems are now will rear its ugly head and then boom that is the end of ATS forever.

I love this place and God knows if I had the money I would just buy it but alas I dont , but my suggestion is let it die and re-build from the ashes, you will still have the members and the Original content of the Forums which is the essence of ATS.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The leader is yet to be decided. FCD, backed out late last night.

I personally don’t have the tech skills take over.

(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

Yet you still contribute, even if it’s nothing but vitriol.

Could you possibly be anymore hypocritical?

Anyway, thanks for the constructive post. Feel free not to bother in future.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just out of interest - this site is big but not THAT big - How much does cloud hosting and forum software cost?
One thing to bring down costs immediately would be to use image links, embedding for pictures instead of hosting MASSIVE photo libraries of content that is elsewhere on the web.
Modern forum software allows embedding of all sorts of content - inc Twitter , youtube, photo hosting sites, etc. I bet just simply modernising the forum could cut the actual storage cost down to a fraction of what it is now.
Something like Tribe or Xenforo.
We're not talking big money for a site like this to modernise it, make it faster and more integrated with other platforms

I would be prepared to help with an investment, but it should not take more than a few grand to totally modernise this place, migrate content and keep it going.

There is no way in hell that a site with this level of traffic should not be able to cover costs with ad revenue.

edit on 23/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
I’m not rich was down to fire off $10-20 a month to see the conversations continue. But that’s all I can really do, not much but something

SaneThinking

Same

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

There are actually quite a few elements to the discussion. The part you have identified is just one of them.

If you would like to engage the effort (and you would be very appreciated), please send a PM to bent8484. He can steer you towards the sites where the discussions are taking place.

I was leading the effort at the start, but I simply just do not have the time to commit to the effort with all the other stuff I have going on.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The leader is yet to be decided. FCD, backed out late last night.

I personally don’t have the tech skills take over.

"Stepped aside as the leader" might be a little better characterization, but yeah, I simply don't have the time to commit to the required effort.

In any case, I fully support this effort and back it 100%. There are some very committed people are engaged now and that's fantastic! And trust I will be a member on whatever the next generation is.

Long live ATS!
edit on 6/23/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

There are actually quite a few elements to the discussion. The part you have identified is just one of them.

If you would like to engage the effort (and you would be very appreciated), please send a PM to bent8484. He can steer you towards the sites where the discussions are taking place.

I was leading the effort at the start, but I simply just do not have the time to commit to the effort with all the other stuff I have going on.

Got it - just PM'd.
thank you FCD

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Tried, said I can't send PMs to anyone but admins.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
How hard is it to maintain a website?

Costly?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join