It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something completely wholesome--omurice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My latest kitchen obsession is perfecting my own version of 'omurice.' It's basically a fried rice omelette cooked in the french style where the eggs are soupy instead of hard cooked. Although I like my eggs cooked a little harder than what's shown in the vid, it's a match made in foodie heaven. My fried rice tends to resemble the 'Canton' style, but lately I've broken out trying other ingredients such as soy beans (edamame.)

This chef exudes passion and mastery over his art in a way that's downright inspiring. Try finding this at WacArnold's or Taco Hutt.

Get your pans pre-heated and oiled!

I hope this will lead you down a rabbit hole for asian-style street foods involving eggs and omelettes.

If you need some extra help finding your way

edit on 18-6-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I love that guy. You must have been channeling my energy because I just gave a friend a Ajitsuke tamago recipe. Eggs baby 🤙

posted on Jun, 18 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Good luck with this, I know there's a learning curve. I'm still trying to perfect a bowl of tonkotsu ramen that is similar to one I had in Osaka. Very very rich and fatty, lips are sticky after eating it. I think I'm using the wrong pork bones honestly, I need Kagoshima Kurobuta or Berkshire bones. Just hard to find around here, but one day I'll make a drive to one of the farms in the Southeast that raises them and see if I can get my hands on about 100 pounds of bones so I can give it a few tries.

On topic though, Omurice is pretty dang tasty. Had the chance to have it a couple of times while in Japan.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
Loved it..

new topics

top topics

join