It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bye bye patreon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip
Nice try, baiting me with food, I will not bite.
Pro tip: Lettuce is what my food eats so replace with medium-rare slices of beef roast.

Other than that, this is going off topic and in circles.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

A cut wedge of cake came after , a big one .
Hmm a conundrum I like those , something to muse on while putting some beans in . The sweetcorn too.

You re just so .... Fiery . I bet you're an absolute stunner , like properly beautiful , but highly under appreciated in the brain department

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I just fire on all cylinders currently. I am starting a business and while things fall into place I tend to visit ATS.

I have been micro depending a lot on other backs. I fought a lot of fights this year, someone tried to ruin my life with lies but now I am back with more energy than ever.

That might transverse to ATS, normally I am kind and loving. I just dislike unjust and untruth because of my history. So I storm the hill, no prisoners taken.

So what are you thinking about business politicizing?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity. Anyone that boycotts companies that support stuff they don't like. Do you only boycott direct usage of the company or indirect usage as well?

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
For me it is enough to know, that they do not earn money from me, what others do is their thing. Just like Patreon can decide to do whatever they, want with the money they earn.

If I do not like what they do, I stop enabling them with my money.

This is not a call to others to leave Patreon, by all means. The idea they have is great, sadly they politicized themselves in some virtue signalling and I do not know what these "other front lines are" because they decided to keep vague on it.

I was a bit surprised today, that it took them two weeks, to announce it to their members that are not constantly visiting their blog.

Can you define indirect usage?

BTW: First time ever I boycott a company.
edit on 17.6.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I will not finance terrorism and riots through the fees they get.

Well the terrorists are not the BLM. Looks like the far right extremists are at it again. These boogaloo bois are intent on starting a second civil war. And are using the protests as an excuse to start riots and civil unrest.

www.nbcnews.com...

Alleged 'Boogaloo' extremist charged in killing of federal officer during George Floyd protest
Steven Carrillo and his alleged accomplice "came to Oakland to kill cops," said John Bennett, special agent in charge of the San Francisco division of the FBI.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Please read my OP again. I did not say BLM are terrorists, this is as far away from what I wrote as it can be.

I have an issue with "other front lines".

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No mistaking the sound of a V8

On the actual topic my opinion is you did the right thing not funding that .
You might disagree but I think they're searching deep in their political toolboxes right now , using more unusual means of trying to get out of the fact that Mr pandemic has a quintuple stranglehold on the continuity of the economic status quo .
In other words , distraction techniques. Don't worry about 500 million plus people about to go the wall , worry about a one poor innocent meek mannered and mild tempered person of colour getting choked by taking the knee.
That's my take

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I like the infernal roaring of an inline 6 in 2.8 times the atmospheric pressure better.

Whatever is up, I am watching close. I wise man once told me it takes a bit of your trends, all your trends to swap over to my country. Watch close.

He was right and this is why I am on the fence. The lapdog, that my government to USA is, will do everything to appease and the media is bought by US privatiers anyway. This is why I talk here, this is why I voice my opinion and everybody who has a problem with me joining the political discussions here, can go pound sand.

My government copycats everything from yours, Merkel now uses the same voting tactics than Clinton.

As long as this is an international website, I will be voicing my opinion.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Indirect usage is for example having an issue with the Big Tech companies as Google, Twitter, Facebook but using ATS that uses these companies for ads and signups.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I use Patreon to support the modders on Nexus
Not now
Change that to used to.

cut off your nose to spite your face huh? interesting choice.
Personally they say they are gonna donate that money but as soon as this dies down they wont. Still it is your money,use it for what you want to do.
as long as you are happy about it,thats all that matters.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Gothmog
I use Patreon to support the modders on Nexus
Not now
Change that to used to.

cut off your nose to spite your face huh? interesting choice.
Personally they say they are gonna donate that money but as soon as this dies down they wont. Still it is your money,use it for what you want to do.
as long as you are happy about it,thats all that matters.

I can always ask to donate via another method.
Most have several.
That is my number one question before I purchase a game.
Is it moddable ?

edit on 6/17/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Thanks. Cancelled my membership.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh whatever lmao.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass
Thanks for clearing up. Yes that can be seen as hypocrisy, I see your argument.

I think today it is like a jungle. You could buy a product and still finance these Big Techs through several layers because they own it. We reached a point where it is not opaque anymore. Some people own companies, that own companies that, own a bunch of companies....

The company that runs the computers that run ATS, or the internet provider... who knows how much Google, Amazon or whatever is in there. But I think it is like a moot point. In the physical world, would you boycott someones home because the tiles are made by a company you personally dislike? I mean the owner of the house made that company richer.

Or refusing to go into a public building, because you know the door manufacturing company and dislike their political stance?

I think your question can not be answered with yes or no but has to be looked at in each single instance.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't know why I read that as blm are terrorists.

My mistake.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The sentence "other front lines" is really what irks me. In any other situation I would see the metaphoric meaning of that.

Not in this case when streets burn and people get shot, they talk about supporting the front line and that sounds like supporting the most radical ones.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

If they are supporting peaceful protesters I don't see the issue.

Supporting anyone that wants to stir up trouble is a problem.

Unfortunately there's troublemakers on all sides wanting to start problems.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I can see BLM as peaceful protesters, compared to what some ANTIFA rioters are doing.

Had they not called it "front-line" in this climate, I would take zero issue with it, would have never noticed it. Then I read on a search machine that they indeed support ANTIFA .

I always get told ANTIFA has no head, so who is taking the money or goods? By their logic, everybody can be claim to be ANTIFA, and so can those that just want to loot, burn or kill.

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The problem I see with antifa is that anyone can claim to be antifa. And some of those people are anarchists who just want to start trouble.

Along with this we have others who want to make antifa look bad and start problems as well. It's a mess.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join