It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea raises tensions, threatens to moves its military into DMZ - Explosions heard at DMZ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Interesting statements coming out of North Korea the past 24hrs.
Threatening to move into the DMZ. I feel this is possibly China moving a pawn into place.

Over the weekend, Kim Yo-jong, the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, said she'd ordered the army to prepare for the step.

www.bbc.com...

Various reports coming in of an explosion at the border this past few minutes.. 2020 is a firecracker of a year!

Is Kim Jong-un really dead? has his sister taken over with the blessing of China!

www.marketwatch.com...

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea’s military on Tuesday threatened to move back into zones that were demilitarized under inter-Korean peace agreements as the country continued to dial up pressure on rival South Korea amid stalled nuclear negotiations with the Trump administration.

The General Staff of the Korean People’s Army said it’s reviewing a ruling party recommendation to advance into unspecified border areas that had been demilitarized under agreements with the South, which would “turn the front line into a fortress.”

Couple this with some breaking news:
twitter.com...

#BREAKING: Reports of smoke observed at the Kaesong Industrial Complex (north of DMZ)

twitter.com...

REPORTS OF EXPLOSION SOUND HEARD NEAR KOREAN BORDER AREA: JOONGANG

edit on 16/6/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
twitter.com...

S.KOREA MILITARY SAYS INTER-KOREAN OFFICE DETONATED: NEWSIS

N.KOREA APPEARS TO HAVE DEMOLISHED INTER-KOREAN LIAISON OFFICE -YONHAP CITING S.KOREA MILITARY SOURCE

That's quite a building to destroy - it was only opened 2yrs ago.
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 16/6/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
2020 is a firecracker clogged toilet of a year!

FTFY

Hopefully 2021 will be the plunger.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It's a great opportunity to make a move, they know the U.S is in a weakened state with poor leadership and serious internal systemic problems.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
hmmm if true not a good development.......but now im wondering , it wouldnt surprise me that the play would be to make moves to over extend us even more , seeing whats happening state side.......

Weve said this for years.......theyll goad, move, goad, move, infiltrate , and wait.......

Though honesty i would figure they would wait at least a few more years before doing something drastic....
edit on 6/16/2020 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
It's a great opportunity to make a move, they know the U.S is in a weakened state with poor leadership and serious internal systemic problems.

Bit of a tragic move. So much for peace and and unity. Depending on who's leading in NK I would expect trouble like this on the border to occasion on a monthly basis.

안전하게 지내세요 South Korea.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Yep it's a sad state of affairs that's for sure.

Hey I posted a pic of my oven in the pizza thread, looking forward to showing off some perfect pizzas to ya

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
We also have tensions rising between India and China.

link

Colonel-rank officer and two soldiers of the Indian Army were killed in a violent face-off with Chinese troops in the Galwan Valley area of Ladakh on Monday night. The officer killed was commanding an infantry battalion of the Army. The face-off took place during efforts to de-escalate the prevailing tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.

Casualities have also taken place on the Chinese side.

In an official statement, the Army said, "During the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley, a violent face-off took place yesterday (Monday) night with casualties on both sides. The loss of lives on the Indian side includes an officer and two soldiers."

The statement added that senior military officials of the two sides are currently meeting at the venue to defuse the situation.

Details of what exactly led to the violent face-off are not clear at the moment.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Old enemies flaring up again. I'm glad our President will let them iron out their own differences without getting the U.S. involved. We have our own challenges to overcome.

BTW...As many will recall, Kim Jong-Un was near death after a botched surgery 2 months ago. Intel says his Sister has taken a bigger role...and might even be calling the shots now. She's a bad-ass.
edit on 6/16/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Old enemies flaring up again. I'm glad our President will let them iron out their own differences without getting the U.S. involved. We have our own challenges to overcome.

BTW...As many will recall, Kim Jong-Un was near death after a botched surgery 2 months ago. Intel says his Sister has taken a bigger role...and might even be calling the shots now. She's a bad-ass.

I'm sure we all remember thats what the media reported , however I find it very difficult to believe, as if we have any idea what really goes in nth Korea and more specifically what is going on in little Kims personal life.

I'd suggest taking media reports with a grain of salt, it's doubtful Kims sister is even a contender to the throne, either way it's all guess work.
edit on 16-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
We'll see how it plays out. The most important thing (imo) is for President Trump to stay true-to-form, and the beliefs he's espoused for the past 20 years. Keep the U.S. military out of conflicts and wars between nations.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
OK
I'm in Japan and next to he base of of Iwakuni.
Korea is a playing a game.
China expects Taiwan to fall.

America will be shocked to see the events in July

Don't you all understand the world is in a mess

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The should probably "mine" what they are doing.

That DMZ a bit temperamental explosion wise.
edit on 16-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Going thru the OPs provided twitter links, one of them is nothing but Indian vs Chinese twitter post.

I read them, basically just watched and read chest thumpers and guess what??? THEY WEREN'T AMERICAN! Lol, this time it's between India and China, based upon the social media context, Chinese are getting Ratioed and Indians have tons of likes, apparently people support India more.

Some of the comments crack me up, one Chinese said, No one wants to marry Indians! India replied, Sure Bat Eater, lol.

Going back to read more....

It's also crazy to see how they took American memes and basically just added their own language and blast each othet with it. One was with Trump holding a signed document, but it was in Indian and said something derogatory about China, lol.

Honestly, there may be more Indian users then chinese on Twitter.
edit on 16-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why is there absolutely no source for the "detonate an office" ?
The Inter-Korean office IS North Korea's
They have a right to blow up their own sh__

Now , let's hope they don't make any stupid a__ mistakes.
Which , they wont .

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Obama has been out of office for almost 4 years, don’t live in the past.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Obama has been out of office for almost 4 years, don’t live in the past.

I know look what's happening in the U.S right now, maybe you should get him back in. office

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Hehehehehehe, hahahahahahaha, lollolololololol

You mad Bruh? The best it has been for a decade when it comes to handling international affairs.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The Inter-Korean office IS North Korea's ...

Well .. the South Koreans put something like $34M into its construction.

What I find amusing, is South Korea's li'l puppet president is being ridiculed by the North as the worst President ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nonnez

Winning !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join