It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we going to do about Seattle ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Think of all the things we have now that only work because we have the rule of law which ingrains a certain trust in each other.

Like an online transaction. We send money to people we never see for goods we can't see because we trust that those goods will, in fact, come to us in the mail, and we trust that our transactions will work that way so much that it's become routine, and society only works that way because we have the basic rule of law.

If CHAZ becomes routine and allowed, we lost that. That level of trust is eroded.

edit on 12-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Long thread gave a brief look and didn't see it, but apologies if already posted. . . .

Ahem;

"Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Okay.

Thanks.

So handing Chauvin and his accomplices over to the public as a sacrifice play is a bad idea, but nuking a city from orbit because terrorists is a good idea?

Okay then.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He wasn't serious.

For effs sake.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now the mayor is calling these children who say they are no longer part of the US "patriots". I think the mayor has missed something in this dialogue.

It is the same way the US was founded, so it is an apt description.

Or was that time peeps showed up, took land without asking, "different"?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

He wasn't serious.

For effs sake.

I've been having a hard time distinguishing between reality and satire these days. Thanks for point it out.

link   
a reply to: peck420

Pretty sure they didn't have their first case of police brutality right off the bat.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you want to play your logic the USA really has only “one” political party. The USA has three “political” parties. The judicial, the legislature, and the executive. Three co-equal branches of power. Then you would also have state and federal “parties”.

So, your argument fails your own logic.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Now the mayor is calling these children who say they are no longer part of the US "patriots". I think the mayor has missed something in this dialogue.

Sort of walks what's going on away from "peaceful protest" then if you want to see things that way. So I guess sending in the troops to restore order would be justified. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You’re almost right.

It’s how communism is founded.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

Yeah I hear the neither left or right thing a lot. I consider myself an independent and a moderate.

Yeah, it's technically an "occupation" I guess. Most of the folks involved seem to be living there. I'm not trying to obfuscate anything, I am looking at all reports I see. Most of the fearmongering/authoritarian fantasies goign on here are not based on anythig factual.

We disagree. I feel like the people on the street who live there have the right, occasionally, to remind even the local authorites that all political power originates from the People. Thanks for your posting advice, but I'll post on topic as I see fit, thanks.

An armed occupation? That's directly from the right-wing narrative. Kind of odd for a non-partisan, ehh?

You and I obviously do not agree. I, however, have presented facts from people ON THE GROUND there. I'm not really concerned with whether you think my position is ignorant or not, frankly. What I say is based on evidence that I post links to.

I also presented a photo of the person in charge holding a gun (I believe it is an AK-47), care to explain this? I thought we all talked this to death last night when certain things came to light that caused you to walk back a few of your points. Taking over an area of a city and walling it off and effectively seceding is criminal at the very least, that is also fact. The means to which they do it, whether or not the locals agree on it or the occupiers intentions make no difference. People have tried this for various reasons and we know the outcome.

EDIT: Again, please stop trying to insist that I am being partisan. You don't know me.
edit on 12-6-2020 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Long thread gave a brief look and didn't see it, but apologies if already posted. . . .

Ahem;

Okay.

Thanks.

So handing Chauvin and his accomplices over to the public as a sacrifice play is a bad idea, but nuking a city from orbit because terrorists is a good idea?

Okay then.

That made no sense, you should be embarrassed by that post.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Oh snap. We were supposed to ignore that. One national outrage at a time please.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh snap. We were supposed to ignore that. One national outrage at a time please.

Not really. Since the Native Americans fought back, we can fight back too.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: TDawg61

I am of half a mind to believe that the politicians knew the stage they were giving to ANTIFA. I can’t recall another standoff of this size since Waco .

I can! 'Occupy Wall St.', and that was a hell of a lot bigger than WACO. In fact, I think Seattle is just a reincarnation of OWS, just with a little police spin on it this time. WACO was really a different situation anyway, not like what's happening in Seattle. However, another parallel was Ferguson, MO.

The whole world is going to be watching through a magnifying glass .

No doubt.

If we screw this one up it’s gonna be lights out for the conservatives .

That's why the correct course of action is "Do nothing".

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I think some are ignoring King George and his men shot back.

Is the Seattle 'war lord' gonna cross the streets of human crap standing at the bow of the SS titanic?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ahem;

Okay.

Thanks.

Okay then.

That made no sense, you should be embarrassed by that post.

I was going to, but then I saw yours and thought well damn now I don't feel so bad.

Can we go back to discussing like adults now?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Since were on this subject.

History certainly has repeated.

Instead of the French and Dutch arms I wonder whose gonna be selling 'Muricans machine guns this go round ?

Russia?

China ?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

They fought back against invaders who were attacking and dehumanizing their nation. Only this past year did Columbus Day finally get renamed in their honor, and small recompense it is.
edit on 12-6-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
500 people living in apartments along with numerous small businesses operating within this declared autonomous zone.

Did they have any say in it's creation?

Do the property owners and residents no longer have their constitutional rights within this zone?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

They fought back against invaders who were attacking and dehumanizing their nation.

And? CHAZ is colonizing and invading the nation.

Or it's a peaceful protest, but so was the Southern secession in the same way.
edit on 12-6-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join