It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd. Good Guy.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Snarl

What are you ranting about?

You don't make as much sense as you think you do.

There's that 'thinking' thing again. Back-to-back even.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

good luck there buddy

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: BlackProject

The Timpa case is a perfect example of the need for Crisis Intervention Teams, providing proper training for officers in how to handle mental health calls, along with mental health professionals who accompany police on such calls. Case studies have demonstrated much better outcomes for all involved, significantly reduced criminal charges and incarceration, and have been overwhelmingly viewed as a positive by law enforcement. We cannot continue dumping our societal problems on our police. It's not fair or practical or helpful for anyone.

But please expand on your actual point here, because it's not clear to me. I can easily condemn the actions of the cops in both situations. Are you equally outraged at the actions of the police -- regardless of the race of the victim? Are you outraged because the cops who killed the Black guy are held to a different standard than the cops that killed the White guy? Are you outraged because the White guy didn't get the same glory as the Black guy?

What is your ultimate point?

Equally outraged at both cases, regardless of the race, I would have hoped that was apparent in my original post.

Its just the overall reaction and glory as you mention, when no glory should be given to any case like this or any person involved. It is a crime and should be dealt with in court. If people wish to drive the point home about his race or their disgust, go to court about it, defend that man in court. Simply put. Protesting is the weapon of alternative driving factors one being that of BLM, they use things like this to drive their control and point across that they believe they are some how not getting the same ride as everyone else which is a cop out for not doing enough in their own lives.

Ultimate point is, clearly black communities somehow see crimes on their people (and yes they are classing themselves differently to others, therefore creating a race problem yet again, deeming themselves differently, no one mentioned this) as somehow worse then crimes committed to other races. Which in itself is disgusting, while other races suffer the same if not worse crime.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject
Protesting is the weapon of alternative driving factors...

Actually, my confused foreign friend, protesting is a Constitutionally enumerated right and is possibly the most American thing you can do.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Haven't you heard? black lives matter when a white cop touches them...

This is just another unarmed white man who was killed by police, but that stat will be tossed in the sealed archives as the media searches for the next unarmed black man.

The left has taken this whole "blm" thing too far and the silent majority is growing exponentially. The media has grabbed the several thousand sports players and are now bullying the college players into "voting out the racism in November". It's never been more clear that this isn't about black people. I'm embarrassed of the democrats in this country and their overbearing screaming, faked feelings, photo op kneeling, and racial division. We, as the silent majority, better get the fck off our asses and vote this year. Even more than we did last year. Public officials can't even say they stand with our country's flag without getting lambasted by the loony ass left. STAND UP

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
We, as the silent majority, better get the fck off our asses and vote this year. Even more than we did last year.

Straight up ... I wasn't going to waste my time voting this year.

After Floyd (and Arbery), I came to the same conclusion as you just posted. Dragging my wife with me too.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Floyd could have kidnapped the Lindberg baby in his past, that still doesn't make it right that he was murdered.

If you want a protest movement for Timpa, start one.

It really amazes me how so many people can only process one issue at a time, it's like their brains malfunction if they think about too much at once.

Problem is, because of Timpa's skin color, nobody gives a #. Now, if Timpa was black, there'd be tens of millions of dollars set aside to destroy ourselves.

Actually, it's glaringly obvious who is being played here. Its not white people.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
What upsets me are all the people doing protests in his name asking justice for his horrific death and treatment by the officials.
But where were they during Floyd's life? When he probably needed them the most?
Help him get out of his situation, getting him back on the right path.
I mean, his life decisions weren't bad, they were just catastrophic and pretty much determined his end days.
The only ones really suffering are his family, for the past years seeing their child growing up like this.
What will happen with the next victim, I doubt anyone of these protesters have learned a thing except loot, destroy and acab.
btw. where are the protests for David Dorn? Oow right he was a black cop shot by a black guy, that doesn't count.

Some folks don't want help .
They enjoy the notoriety .

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
Problem is, because of Timpa's skin color, nobody gives a #.

The only s*** people like you and the Original Poster give about Timpa is to use his death in an unseemly manner to make a point why other people are protesting and you are not.

If you truly 'gave a s***' about Timpa you and the Original Poster would have done something besides run your mouths on the internet.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you're gonna pretend to be from Minnesota at least spell the word 'neighborhood' like an American.

I do spell the word neighbourhood every now and then.
The way I was taught in school back in the day.
Want to challenge my location or citizenship as well ?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not my fault you were taught English by a Canadian.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Equally outraged at both cases, regardless of the race, I would have hoped that was apparent in my original post.

Thank you -- and maybe it was clear, and it's just me being too jaded from seeing tragic deaths exploited for Black vs White points. Every one of these deaths was unnecessary, and it's a policing problem, NOT a race problem. But that keeps getting lost and pushed to the side.

Its just the overall reaction and glory as you mention, when no glory should be given to any case like this or any person involved. It is a crime and should be dealt with in court. If people wish to drive the point home about his race or their disgust, go to court about it, defend that man in court. Simply put. Protesting is the weapon of alternative driving factors one being that of BLM, they use things like this to drive their control and point across that they believe they are some how not getting the same ride as everyone else which is a cop out for not doing enough in their own lives. Ultimate point is, clearly black communities somehow see crimes on their people (and yes they are classing themselves differently to others, therefore creating a race problem yet again, deeming themselves differently, no one mentioned this) as somehow worse then crimes committed to other races. Which in itself is disgusting, while other races suffer the same if not worse crime.

Yes! This ^^^. I won't pretend there are not pockets of racist police officers who disproportionately "police" Black people for racist reasons, and that is a problem where it is a problem. But the idea that it is only Black people targeted and victimized by these warrior-style tactics is not true. And I'd bet dollars to donuts that the racist LEOs who use excess force on minorities are just as brutal to any and all White people they think they can get away with it. Because they simply have a depraved heart!!!

Did you watch Oprah's "Where do we go from here" special last night? Her guests were various prominent Black people, telling their experience and how Floyd's death affected them, and it was always presumed that the cop killed him because he's Black, and that was that. Now, this morning, it comes out that Chauvin and Floyd had "butted heads" multiple times while working together at the nightclub BECAUSE Chauvin was a freaking bully. It wasn't racism, it was personal.

We need to focus on bad policing, keeping racism in its proper perspective within the bigger problem. But the bottom line is that if it's wrong to do it one person, then it's wrong to do it to all persons. Fix the policing problem, and we fix the racism problem.

Did you watch the Oprah special last night.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

Not my fault you were taught English by a Canadian.

Unfortunately for you , that was the proper spelling back in the day.
The offer still goes to challenge.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
it should not happen to anyone..... let's look at the statistics thesocietypages.org... black people are 16 per cent of the population but in the last 5 years they represent 26.4 ,per cent of those killed by police..AND they are 1 and a half times more likely to be unarmed,,Asians make up 5 % of the population and are 2% of the victims Hispancis make up 18% of the population and make up 18% of victims...white 60% of population 50% victims so they are UNDER....Blacks were the victims of the lethal use of force by police at nearly twice their rate in the general population.

in response to Bodicea you know the lady that owned that club said that the officer used unecessarily force on the nights when they had a large group of black customers..Instead of dealing with a few black customers causing trouble he would harshly deal with all of them as a group...now is that not prejudiced
???

originally posted by: BlackProject

Floyd could have kidnapped the Lindberg baby in his past, that still doesn't make it right that he was murdered.

If you want a protest movement for Timpa, start one.

It really amazes me how so many people can only process one issue at a time, it's like their brains malfunction if they think about too much at once.

Yes this is an obvious, it certainly does not make it right anyone is killed by the police. They are there to arrest and then for that person to see his or her day in court, not die. That goes without saying here.

I do not wish to protest over Timpa, what I am shocked at is that this happens to George Floyd and the whole world breaks. Where was the justice and reaction for Timpa? I dont have to start a protest to see that nothing was done for this man. Just because of race.

edit on 10-6-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2020 by research100 because: corrected a number

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Sure it was.

Oh, unless you're some sort of super geezer:

One particularly vexatious argument concerns the lack of uniform spellings between British and American English. The simple reason for this is that England and America went their separate ways before anyone became unduly rigorous about spelling words the same way every time. The firm nailing down of language happened in earnest during the 1800s, on both sides of the Atlantic, and thanks largely to the reforming zeal of American lexicographer Noah Webster, it was with markedly different results in the U.S. than in Victorian Britain.

Seeking to wrest control of the language from the British ruling classes, Noah wrote three books that aimed to make a tidy pile of that mess we were talking about. One on grammar, one on reading, and one on spelling. His first—originally titled The First Part of the Grammatical Institute of the English Language, then The American Spelling Book, then The Elementary Spelling Book—became the standard text book from which American teachers taught spelling for 100 years, and it was from reprints and reissues of that original text that Noah began to subtly refine words, spelling them according to how they sound.Source

edit on 10-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sure it was.

Oh, unless you're some sort of super geezer:

One particularly vexatious argument concerns the lack of uniform spellings between British and American English. The simple reason for this is that England and America went their separate ways before anyone became unduly rigorous about spelling words the same way every time. The firm nailing down of language happened in earnest during the 1800s, on both sides of the Atlantic, and thanks largely to the reforming zeal of American lexicographer Noah Webster, it was with markedly different results in the U.S. than in Victorian Britain.

Seeking to wrest control of the language from the British ruling classes, Noah wrote three books that aimed to make a tidy pile of that mess we were talking about. One on grammar, one on reading, and one on spelling. His first—originally titled The First Part of the Grammatical Institute of the English Language, then The American Spelling Book, then The Elementary Spelling Book—became the standard text book from which American teachers taught spelling for 100 years, and it was from reprints and reissues of that original text that Noah began to subtly refine words, spelling them according to how they sound.Source

Still not taking the challenge.
Done here.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Still not taking the challenge.
Done here.

Challenge is on, show me your 1800's school book with that spelling.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Problem is, because of Timpa's skin color, nobody gives a #.

The only s*** people like you and the Original Poster give about Timpa is to use his death in an unseemly manner to make a point why other people are protesting and you are not.

If you truly 'gave a s***' about Timpa you and the Original Poster would have done something besides run your mouths on the internet.

Like you care for Floyd? GTFOH

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

What he did before doesn't warrant an execution, you racist jerk.

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Like you care for Floyd? GTFOH

It concerns me to see both Floyd and Timpa, along with any other similar situations, killed by police for no good reason.

I'm just not posting my fake outrage like you are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join