It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got my Unemployment Benefits (Care act)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
All right everybody so I really haven’t seen too many people talking about this on the website. I wanted to get some of your opinions on this issue. Depending on what state that you are in you should be eligible for these benefits also. I was not sure what section to put this in.

So in short for those who do not know the care act was signed by President Trump and they promised $600 for per week until July 31st.

I applied for my unemployment benefits in California. I applied on June 3rd. Received my benefits today. I reported that I was unemployed since February and I received a total of almost 8 grand today.

I am definitely grateful for this money during these hard times. How is it looking in other states?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You put that in the Rant folder??? Hey, if you're upset about it send it my way. I have a deck to re-do.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
You put that in the Rant folder??? Hey, if you're upset about it send it my way. I have a deck to re-do.

I concur captain.

To the OP, be grateful for now.

Be fearful of a sh!t show on August 1st.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

What type of show do you expect?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

As i mentioned In the post was not sure where to put this.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkPalSFO

That was fast. I applied 5 weeks ago and its still pending. A friend of mine got his but it was 5-6 weeks later after applying. Others I know got theirs much more quickly, maybe 2-3 weeks.

I'd love to be working, and I've been applying everywhere that's hiring. Nobody wants to interview a man with a past during covid. Despite good work history. I've never taken benefits in my life, and I have some decent savings, but who knows these days?

I have people and animals to take care of.

But yeah. Nothing yet.
edit on 8-6-2020 by sine.nomine because: This phone is the devils work

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkPalSFO

As i mentioned In the post was not sure where to put this.

I know, I'm just cheese'n on you a bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Honestly I was surprised at how fast it came in and I was accepted also. On the CA EDD website it stares it takes at least 3 weeks. I guess I lucked out.

This is also my first time applying for benefits. I have a decent savings account. My work has come to a halt though. In The last several months. I never thought I would apply for assistance but during just like you said I have mouths to feed and a family to take care of. The way things have been going as of lately has not been very promising either.

I hope you get them soon!

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Haha, its all good man.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: sine.nomine

Honestly I was surprised at how fast it came in and I was accepted also. On the CA EDD website it stares it takes at least 3 weeks. I guess I lucked out.

This is also my first time applying for benefits. I have a decent savings account. My work has come to a halt though. In The last several months. I never thought I would apply for assistance but during just like you said I have mouths to feed and a family to take care of. The way things have been going as of lately has not been very promising either.

I hope you get them soon!

Thanks. I wish you the best. Trying times... I'm glad you got through the system so quickly. Lets both hope for a speedy recovery in this horse sh1t.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The benefits run out bro.

You think they are rioting now......

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

When they run out of other people's money...

What kills me is the number of people getting paid more now than they did when working. Apparently I know one, between this free money and the other free money she's taking home as much as I make- three times what she took home this time last year.
Meanwhile I'm working twice as hard for the same pay...

Maybe she should be buying me bullets for when the free money dries up and I'm still working AND have to protect myself from these hosers.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Consider this:

If Republicans had their way, you would've never received that money or at least not nearly as much.

The unemployment bonuses were bitterly fought for by the Democrats and may have even been in the last minute, sticking negotiations that had them vote no on the bill until their demands were met.

edit on 8-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

When they run out of other people's money...

What kills me is the number of people getting paid more now than they did when working. Apparently I know one, between this free money and the other free money she's taking home as much as I make- three times what she took home this time last year.
Meanwhile I'm working twice as hard for the same pay...

Maybe she should be buying me bullets for when the free money dries up and I'm still working AND have to protect myself from these hosers.

Eh, I've paid in plenty. I feel bad for attempting to take. I'm willing and able to work. I just got mouths to feed. In the meantime I'm still actively attempting employment, and I will feed back into the system.

Its not my fault the workforce is shut down.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Are you surprised? The mob here foams at the mouth at the mere mention of government handouts until they are on the receiving end of them. Those stimulus checks were spent before they were even received

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I just got mine approved. It took almost three weeks but it's done and will be here soon. It will give me a nest egg that I was lacking. Get myself a car so maybe I can get a job when all is open back up.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I began certifying back in March and haven't received anything, yet!
But I'm not giving up because it states....
IN PROGRESS
I have sent in all paperwork and followed all the rules!
Anxiously Poor

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeFalling
I began certifying back in March and haven't received anything, yet!
But I'm not giving up because it states....
IN PROGRESS
I have sent in all paperwork and followed all the rules!
Anxiously Poor

Wow. One of my friends told me he got screwed over for benefits but he never elaborated. As time goes by I wonder if I'll get passed by too.

I hope you get what you need. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

proof please , I was under the impression that Pelosi was the one who delayed the bill . I do remember some Republicans pointing out that it will be hard to get some of these people to go back to work because they make more staying home . I think the Treasury Secretary said if they don't go back their money will be cut . The new bill calls for the extra cash to be extended till January 2021 , that bill is not going anywhere for awhile .

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

...exactly why and how the mayors and governors were able to get away with their fascist lockdowns and Unconstitutional infringements on Rights... peeps were paid to sit by while their economy was raped. I was opposed to the POTUS signing that $600 a week bill for exactly that reason. The farce was only permitted to continue without actual consequences taken against the fascists in office because people with continuing revenue streams stay frostier than those with a sudden cutoff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join