It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Of Duty Black Lives Matter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Im in the prcess of redrawing everything from the ground up for final draft, wont be long bro.

I still play to play with my little bro though it is a break from everything.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
/disclaimer I work as part of Activision Blizzard. The thoughts below are not an official statement from ABK or any studios but my personal thoughts.

To level set the screen in question is a static load screen that has the header of Black Lives Matter and is then followed by 4 smaller sentences talking about inclusion and community which is displayed for roughly 10-15 seconds while a level loads or other similar loading points.

I fully expect the same type of people on here that think they know what is going on, why things are done or why choices are made with ABK or with any of the studios under ATVI will call me scum or whatever like has happened here before and that's fine. Don't be on the Internet if you don't have a thick skin. 😎.

To me this is essentially an example of "damned if you do, damned if you don't"

For multiple years now on an almost daily basis AB are hit by DDoS attacks from around the world so this brief, simple message at the start of COD is not a result of any recent attack. Note I'm not saying that we haven't been getting hit hard the last few days but rather that isn't the reason for the message.

Via various social media and direct feedback Channels AB proper and other associated units or studios have been asked what our our thoughts are on the scenarios that are driving the protests so that message was posted.

If we chose not to have anything then during this time of cancel culture and social media justice AB would be flamed for not caring.

So if a choice was out there to place a brief temporary positive screen on level loads vs nothing at all then I support the approach taken.

Like I said, damned if you and damned if you don't.
::
edit on 6-6-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Thanks for your perspective, still doesn't change my view on it but like you said damned if you do damned if you don't I get that bro.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If I bought a Ford truck and all of a sudden everytime I turn it on to drive somewhere it reminds you of BLM or Corona virus this or that or Vote one way or the other I guess I would be free not to drive the truck I purchased because the manufacturer wants to put a little addendum in the start up of my purchase right?

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If I bought a Ford truck and all of a sudden everytime I turn it on to drive somewhere it reminds you of BLM or Corona virus this or that or Vote one way or the other I guess I would be free not to drive the truck I purchased because the manufacturer wants to put a little addendum in the start up of my purchase right?

Bad analogy. If you play cod one player you wont see any blm stuff. Its just the online.
But if your radio in your new car was playing stuff about blm that would be a better analogy

And you understand that you don't control whats on the radio right?
You also don't control what a cod server decides to put in their online play.

edit on 8-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks for your perspective, still doesn't change my view on it but like you said damned if you do damned if you don't I get that bro.

All good.

Besides being required professionally to put the disclaimer on any game related social media post I make that I work for one of the major orgs that make up Activision Blizzard I also do it because I am not trying to change anyone's opinion or views but rather just give information as I know it.

Im basically trying to give people the things that I know from my side of the fence and during a time of Cancel Culture facts not theories on Reddit are how we can make informed decisions. Please note, nothing you had in your OP or in subsequent posts here are in that "theories on Reddit" line but rather in response to how the world, or at least social media like ATS, as a whole currently seems to always think they know more from behind the safety of their desks while using a search engine then someone actually being in that specific scenario in some way or in some capacity.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have some specific questions for you then but they are probably better suited for u2u if that’s ok? And how’s your neck of the woods in PA? Mines been iffy.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I have some specific questions for you then but they are probably better suited for u2u if that’s ok? And how’s your neck of the woods in PA? Mines been iffy.

Sure feel free to PM.
If I can answer them I will.

I'm right outside Philly on the NJ side and it's been a challenge at best. You?

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Right outside Harrisburg in the Lebanon area

top topics

<< 1   >>

join