It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Behind Police Shootings That Go Unnoticed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
In 2019, there were 10,310,960 arrests made. Of those 10.3+ million arrests, 1,004 (0.009%) people of all races were shot to death. Of those 1,004 people who were shot, 235 were black and 370 were white. Of those 370 whites who were shot, 49 (13%) were unarmed. Of those 235 blacks who were shot, 9 (3.8%) were unarmed.

2019 Arrests Data

2019 Shooting Data

So while people are out there creating rogue groups like BLM and Antifa, and killing cops and hating cops and fearing cops with the idea that they're setting out each day to hunt down black people, remember that out of 800,000 police in our country, 0.007% went rogue. And also remember that cops also have a job to do and never know what they're facing everyday. In 2019, 48 police were murdered for things ranging from conducting traffic violations to serving court orders such as an eviction notice.

Police Deaths in 2019

I think most, if not all of America agrees that when Floyd was killed, it wasn't by accident. But destroying cities and pushing lies that white cops are out to hunt and kill black people isn't helping an already divided nation.

So the gist of this OP is to make people aware that a huge majority of cops are good guys, and an extremely minuscule percentage of unarmed people are killed by our law enforcement. It's not really the black killing redneck racist homicidal white cop shart show that the media, democrat politicians, BLM, and antifa make it out to be.

edit on 3-6-2020 by LSU2018 because: Forgot to include stats on police deaths

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

True when you put it like that.......

But that wont fit the agenda that is being pushed?!!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You should know, math and statistics are racist!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is no perfect game of golf and there is no perfect police force. Sooner everybody accepts that fact the sooner we can get on trying to achieve a good score majority of the time, which as the OP pointed out is already pretty good. Rutting up the entire golf course over some bad chip shots is not going to achieve anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The cops should change their slogan from 'serve to protect' to 'shoot first, ask questions later.'

guns are used to protect civilians and fellow officers, that's it, it's that simple. 'we've got a jaywalker here, full him full of holes boys!'

Power and authority should be used for good, yet these officers flaunt their power and authority, all the retired cops out there are good-one local retired cop now owns a plant shop-would not look kindly on these renegade cops, the are tarnishing the reputation of the force, because believe it or not there are good cops out there.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

In 2019, there were 10,310,960 arrests made. Of those 10.3+ million arrests, 1,004 (0.009%) people of all races were shot to death. Of those 1,004 people who were shot, 235 were black and 370 were white. Of those 370 whites who were shot, 49 (13%) were unarmed. Of those 235 blacks who were shot, 9 (3.8%) were unarmed.

George Floyd wasn't shot.
Eric Garner wasn't shot.
Sandra Bland wasn't shot.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Youre leaving out the MOST important part of your statistic..

The fact that it isnt adjusted for population percentage.

The country is 76% white and 13% African American

So in all actuality.. you just proved you oppositions point. PoC are disproportionately targeted, shot, and killed in comparison to their Caucasian counterparts

Thank you, Ill be here all night.. enjoy the veal

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

While statistics are interesting.

It might be worthwhile to understand how the "meeja" selection process works to decide which ones of the 1004 get ignored and which ones get 24/7 coverage for weeks on end on every available outlet.

This may go some way to explain the way people react to these situations.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

2019 Arrests Data

2019 Shooting Data

So while people are out there creating rogue groups like BLM and Antifa, and killing cops and hating cops and fearing cops with the idea that they're setting out each day to hunt down black people, remember that out of 800,000 police in our country, 0.007% went rogue. And also remember that cops also have a job to do and never know what they're facing everyday. In 2019, 48 police were murdered for things ranging from conducting traffic violations to serving court orders such as an eviction notice.

Police Deaths in 2019

I think most, if not all of America agrees that when Floyd was killed, it wasn't by accident. But destroying cities and pushing lies that white cops are out to hunt and kill black people isn't helping an already divided nation.

So the gist of this OP is to make people aware that a huge majority of cops are good guys, and an extremely minuscule percentage of unarmed people are killed by our law enforcement. It's not really the black killing redneck racist homicidal white cop shart show that the media, democrat politicians, BLM, and antifa make it out to be.

Per the CDC, more black people died of constipation than being shot by police....

A big part of the anger though that comes from the black community and policing is largely driven by the fact that black communities are in contact with police more frequently; and much of those interactions have to do with criminality. This is largely because most major crime is concentrated within black communities.

As a result, many blacks who often times are on the periphery of the criminality, get treated as if they are the bad guy or with suspicion. This is where the frustration comes from many times.

The problem is that the black community has to accept responsibility for how we are viewed externally. Often the negative image of our community is because that is the image we portray. We can't glorify being thugs, gang members, "real n*ggas", pimps, players, hustlers, etc and then get upset when people treat us as if we are those things.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Youre leaving out the MOST important part of your statistic..

The fact that it isnt adjusted for population percentage.

The country is 76% white and 13% African American

So in all actuality.. you just proved you oppositions point. PoC are disproportionately targeted, shot, and killed in comparison to their Caucasian counterparts

Thank you, Ill be here all night.. enjoy the veal

You didn't get past pre-algebra I take it....

If you look at it on a per capita basis, the statistics are even more damning proving the OP's point.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Eric Garner wasn't shot.

Sandra Bland killed herself....

Regardless of whether the above were shot or died from their interaction, the point is that it is exceedingly rare. It is literally like saying you won't go outside because you are afraid of being struck by lighting.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

It might be worthwhile to understand how the "meeja" selection process works to decide which ones of the 1004 get ignored and which ones get 24/7 coverage for weeks on end on every available outlet.

I didn't want to put it all out there, I have to leave room for conversation, lol.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Sure she did. So did Jeffrey Epstein.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I used percentages, or did you skip the entire body of my thread? 13% of whites who were shot to death were unarmed. 3.8% of blacks who were shot to death were unarmed.

Do you really think that's as big of an issue as you're making it out to be when there were almost 10.4 million arrests made?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sure she did. So did Jeffrey Epstein.

She had a history of mental instability. Why would anyone want to kill some random crazy black chick in a jail on a traffic charge? What is the motive? There is none...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Eric Garner wasn't shot.

I encourage you to look those stats up then. I'm not including suicide on my list so leave Bland off of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thanks, E, I always appreciate your input because you tell it like it is with an intelligent point of view.

I saw a retweet from Ice Cube about Chauvin being that political troll with the photoshopped "Make Whites Great Again" hat on and I was thinking to myself about his song "Hood Mentality" and true that song rings, but when it's convenient for him to forget the very lines of that song he wrote, he doesn't hesitate to forget them.

He sent a clear message with it. If you don't want to change your hood mentality, how the f are we supposed to change our reality. Something like that.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I'm not including suicide on my list so leave Bland off of it.

Police kill people in their custody in more ways than gun fire.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I didn't want to put it all out there, I have to leave room for conversation, lol.

Good point.

That wasn't a dig at the OP, by the way, just that it's one part of the conversation thar many seem reluctant to address.

S+F also.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thanks, E, I always appreciate your input because you tell it like it is with an intelligent point of view.

I saw a retweet from Ice Cube about Chauvin being that political troll with the photoshopped "Make Whites Great Again" hat on and I was thinking to myself about his song "Hood Mentality" and true that song rings, but when it's convenient for him to forget the very lines of that song he wrote, he doesn't hesitate to forget them.

He sent a clear message with it. If you don't want to change your hood mentality, how the f are we supposed to change our reality. Something like that.

Ice Cube is a bit of a hypocrite. On one hand, he talked a lot of pro-black empowering stuff but then at the same time promoted that hood gangster mentality that is so damaging to the community.

Rapper Common obliterated him in a diss record, "B*tch in Yoo" back in the early 90s (they had beef because in Common's classic I Used to Love HER he kind of sneak dissed the West Coast).

Common pointed out Cube trying to be all righteous but then promoting Malt Liquor, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join