It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth Behind Police Shootings That Go Unnoticed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

No stats on the perpetrators that killed police officers. I'd be curious to see them.

According to your stats, in 2019:

.000534% of black people were killed by cops

.006% of cops were killed by ?

(Note: My math could be wrong, I didn't double check it.)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And it's even more rare than the shootings. The point is that this whole "police brutality" thing isn't all that it's made out to be, especially when you look at the stats. So what's all the looting and rioting for? Cops aren't going to beat you for complying. You stand a better chance of being sucked into the engine of a jet plane doing a touch & go while standing on the ground.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I didn't look the stats up on what race the police were killed by. But I did find this:

Officer Profiles. The average age of the officers who were feloniously killed was 40 years old. The victim officers had served in law enforcement for an average of 13 years at the times of the fatal incidents. Of the 48 officers:

45 were male
3 were female
40 were white
7 were black/African American
1 was Asian.
Circumstances. Of the 48 officers feloniously killed:

15 died as a result of investigative or law enforcement activities
6 were conducting traffic violation stops
4 were performing investigative activities
2 were drug-related matters
2 were interacting with wanted persons
1 was investigating suspicious person or circumstance
9 were involved in tactical situations
3 were barricaded/hostage situations
3 were serving, or attempting to serve, search warrants
2 were serving, or attempting to serve, arrest warrants
1 was reported in the category titled “other tactical situation”
5 were involved in unprovoked attacks
4 were responding to crimes in progress
2 were robberies
1 was larceny-theft
1 was reported in the category titled “other crime against property”
3 were involved in arrest situations and were attempting to restrain/control/handcuff the offender(s) during the arrest situations
3 were assisting other law enforcement officers
2 with vehicular pursuits
1 with foot pursuit
3 were responding to disorders or disturbances
2 were responding to disturbances (disorderly subjects, fights, etc.)
1 was responding to a domestic violence call
3 were involved in vehicular pursuits
2 were ambushed (entrapment/premeditation)
1 was serving, or attempting to serve, a court order (eviction notice, subpoena, etc.).
Weapons. Offenders used firearms to kill 44 of the 48 victim officers. Four officers were killed with vehicles used as weapons. Of the 44 officers killed by firearms:

34 were slain with handguns
7 with rifles
1 with a shotgun
2 with firearms in which the types of firearms were unknown or not reported

It's easy to understand why they can be just as nervous about a stranger as a stranger is of them, no matter what the confrontation may be.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

And it's even more rare than the shootings.

Says you. Don't cross the prison guards if you value your life. I doubt cops keep statistics for all the people they off in their custody, sin bullets, but have at it...www.bjs.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

While statistics are interesting.

It might be worthwhile to understand how the "meeja" selection process works to decide which ones of the 1004 get ignored and which ones get 24/7 coverage for weeks on end on every available outlet.

This may go some way to explain the way people react to these situations.

Agreed.

Danny Shaver was murdered by Arizona police officer Philip Brailsford in cold blood. He was unarmed, on the floor, and trying to obey Seargent Charles Langley's contradictory commands. He had broken no laws.

Outside of ATS, there was barely a peep from the MSM. The psychopathic murderer Officer Philip Brailsford was fired and found not guilty in a rigged trial. Sergeant Charles Langley was allowed to quietly retire, and that was it.

Where were the protests for Danny Shaver? Where were the cries from politicians and celebrities to curb police violence?

There weren't any. Danny Shaver was white. The media doesn't care when the police murder a white, middle class family man in cold blood on video.

Just imagine if Danny Shaver had been black.
edit on 3-6-2020 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The problem is that the black community has to accept responsibility for how we are viewed externally. Often the negative image of our community is because that is the image we portray. We can't glorify being thugs, gang members, "real n*ggas", pimps, players, hustlers, etc and then get upset when people treat us as if we are those things.

Bulls eye!!.........

Much respect.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I would imagine that Danny's murder got a little bit of local news coverage and then disappeared into the archives.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Prison guards aren't a part of the 799,942 police that are safeguarding our communities and dealing with unknowns all day.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Where were the protests for Danny Shaver? Where were the cries from politicians and celebrities to curb police violence?

There weren't any. Danny Shaver was white. The media doesn't care when the police murder a white, middle class family man in cold blood on video.

Just imagine if Danny Shaver had been black.

Mesa 'Rally for Justice' held for Daniel Shaver

On Thursday — organizers, including Black Lives Matter, with the blessing of Shaver’s widow — held a vigil.

Several speeches were made, and organizers said it was time to let the City of Mesa know that they will not be silent.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

They are, however, overseeing the folks in police custody. Sandra Bland and Jeffrey Epstein were in "custody", not convicted of anything.

You statistic are incomplete because they only indicate in custody deaths by bullets. There are lots of ways "law enforcement officials" kill people in custody.

edit on 3-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
1,004 people who were shot, 235 were black and 370 were white.

I am going to help you a little since Math is Hard...

As of 2016 the population of the USA was 323.1 million of that the percent of the population that is
Black or African American: 12.6%
White: 72.4%.

so approximately 233.9 Million are White ‬
and 40.7 Million are Black

So while yes more whites have been shot than blacks the data is skewed when you compare the percentage the population.

Just here to see you deny ignorance and racism.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Youre leaving out the MOST important part of your statistic..

The fact that it isnt adjusted for population percentage.

The country is 76% white and 13% African American

So in all actuality.. you just proved you oppositions point. PoC are disproportionately targeted, shot, and killed in comparison to their Caucasian counterparts

Thank you, Ill be here all night.. enjoy the veal

See my above post...apparently math is harder for racists?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Over aggressive policing is an issue. It is probably a training problem. A big thing I see in many of these videos is too many police yelling and giving contradictory orders. Don't move! Raise your hands! Get on floor! Don't move!

IN atlanta, there was a video of cops arresting two college students. They were way over the top. A guy and a girl in a car. Breaking glass, yelling at them. The girl is obviously hysterical. Firing tazers. Granted, it was after the curfew and the riots going on, the cops probably were amped up dealing with all the thugs running around, but cooler heads should have prevailed. They were fired.

5 of the 6 cops involved were black.

What gets left out is the students actually started the situation because the guy tried to drive off from the police but couldn't due to traffic which is what precipitated the arrest.

This isn't a racism issue, but a policing issue. I think BLM and other activists are missing the big picture by focusing so much on race and not policing in general.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: LSU2018
1,004 people who were shot, 235 were black and 370 were white.

I am going to help you a little since Math is Hard...

As of 2016 the population of the USA was 323.1 million of that the percent of the population that is
Black or African American: 12.6%
White: 72.4%.

so approximately 233.9 Million are White ‬
and 40.7 Million are Black

So while yes more whites have been shot than blacks the data is skewed when you compare the percentage the population.

Just here to see you deny ignorance and racism.

It is because blacks are involved in more crime. Since you want to play like you can count, you can't ignore than more than half the murders are committed by black folks and we are only 13% of the population.

In other words, we are over represented in criminal activity and therefore it is logical we'd be over represented in deaths in interactions with police.

Next...

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It is because blacks are involved in more crime. Since you want to play like you can count, you can't ignore than more than half the murders are committed by black folks and we are only 13% of the population.

In other words, we are over represented in criminal activity and therefore it is logical we'd be over represented in deaths in interactions with police.

Next...

I am gonna guess that whites are not over represented in that because of race. When both an unarmed black person and an unarmed white person commit the same crime, blacks are twice as likely to be convicted and jailed...but yeah...Next.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I agree too 👍🏻

One thing though, how many of those good cops would rat on corrupt cops?

The general concensus is that they usually (from past history) stick together, hence being called the biggest organised gang in the world.

Just a question, I've dealt with a bad cop so I would have to be honest and say my opinion is slightly biased.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Actually about 6% when you account for age and gender...

I agree that the policing is a huge issue. Iirc years ago a policy was implemented in some cities where there was an IQ limit for hires. For example if the IQ was too high, the candidate wouldn't get the job. I wonder if that's had an effect at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

population percentages shouldn't have anything to do with it. it should be based on number of calls/incidents respond to.
using low population percentage or any low percentage vs high percentage in any study skews outcome, it's a old statisticians trick to make something look more favorable for what they are trying to show or prove.

edit on 3-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

In looking at your source, can you help me find the information in regards to the number of people killed who were armed vs unarmed?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

You should know, math and statistics are racist!

Yep:
Seatt le Times

Washington Examiner

Dailycaller

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join