It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we please have the Deny Ignorance banner back ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
For no other reason than it may remind people of what this forum once purported to do , Deny Ignorance !

Serious request.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The good old days when there were just men, woman and children.

Those days are long gone. Why would you expect the internet to stay the same?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
For no other reason than it may remind people of what this forum once purported to do , Deny Ignorance !

Serious request.

Thanks.

I wonder if the fact that these days usually 90% or so of the featured threads on the Front Page are from the Mud Pit?

Perhaps they should change the name to ATS: The Mud PIt.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
What Deny Ignorance banner ? 😎

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yeah no kidding, people like you definitely need the reminder, Deny Ignorance my friend 😎

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Analbumcover

Why would you expect the internet to stay the same?

I don't expect the internet to stay the same but the defining ambition of this particular part of the internet was what made it special , an oasis in a sea of crap.
There will always be ignorance but just because it's now dripping down the walls doesn't mean we shouldn't try to clean it up.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes Yes Yes.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

That font looks like Dent Ignorance...just saying.

The current banner is the black band banner, for those keeping score at home.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If the site relied totally on blurry Bigfoot picture's it would be long gone.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The current banner is the black band banner, for those keeping score at home.

Which was a black band to remember lost friends if I remember correctly , didn't think it was a replacement for the Deny Ignorance banner although it seems to have taken residence.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

(post by Fools removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Part of the problem with the slogan was that half the membership misunderstood the expression.
We both know that it was meant in the sense "Deny [ground to] the enemy", but people kept asking "Why are we being asked to deny that ignorance exists?"

P.S. On the black band. One of the drawbacks of being such an old-established site is that the state of "lost an old friend recently" has now become permanent.

edit on 3-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I hear what you're saying mate , It was a forlorn hope that a visual reminder might encourage some to think about what they post rather than just go on the attack all the time , couldn't even escape it in board business & questions FFS.

It is what it is I guess , bigger problems in the world than what happens here.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Yes I agree 100%! But where will that leave all the racists and deniers?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Yes I agree 100%! But where will that leave all the racists and deniers?

Moaning that we shouldn't have our logo back and whether it should be black or white even though they don't want it.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
What Deny Ignorance banner ? 😎
Haha, You probably remember it, but for newbies, these are some logos from old ATS home pages showing how "Deny Ignorance" disappeared in the bottom, gray logo (that was from 2014), though I think "Deny Ignorance" still appeared elsewhere on the site for a time:

When "Deny Ignorance" disappeared, I figured the hidden message was, ignorance is now ok, no need to deny it anymore.

Similarly, when Google abandoned their "Do no evil" motto, at that point I figured the implied message was that it's now ok for Google employees to do evil, since there's no longer any motto forbidding it! I mostly tried to avoid using Google to the extent possible, after that. Then Snowden leaks showed the extent to which Google was doing evil.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I get what you are saying....but I think its pretty pointless.
Its been devalued so much that it no longer means anything.

When someone posts something that others disagree with the stock answer has become 'Deny Ignorance' as if anyone not agreeing with whatever opinions are dominant or in vogue at any particular time is a follower of MSM, or is a sheeple or something similar.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Remember when people would cite various sources and we would read them all and try to make a determination on its validity? Now no matter what you cite it's either ignored or there is a some excuse as to why it couldn't possibly be valid. If you do not agree with the majority you are some whacked out leftist, Antifa member who is part of the lying MSM or maybe even deep state and a low life thug. It's ridiculous. I know I sound like an old person but it's a sad state of affairs around here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join