It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville, Kentucky Protests and Riots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
It's been going down in my city . Not because of George Floyd, but because of a local shooting involving Louisville Metro Police with a no knock order , busting in a door and shooting an innocent victim.

What happened in Louisville?
Shortly after midnight on March 13, Louisville police, executing a search warrant, used a battering ram to crash into the apartment of Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old African-American emergency room technician. After a brief confrontation, they fired several shots, striking her at least eight times.

According to The Louisville Courier Journal, the police were investigating two men who they believed were selling drugs out of a house that was far from Ms. Taylor’s home. But a judge had also signed a warrant allowing the police to search Ms. Taylor’s residence because the police said they believed that one of the two men had used her apartment to receive packages. The judge’s order was a so-called “no-knock” warrant, which allowed the police to enter without warning or without identifying themselves as law enforcement.

www.nytimes.com...

Yeah, had to get this from the NYT.

Our police force has been corrupt for years here with one questionable action after another.

Finally came to a head last night when LMPD and National guard were fired upon and they returned fire, killing an innocent man. Amazingly, nobody had their body cams on. They just fired the Chief of police.

Conrad announced last month that he would retire in June, but Fischer made the decision Monday afternoon following yet another shooting death of a black man at the hands of police just hours earlier.

Sunday marked the fourth straight night of citywide protests -- some of them violent through the weekend. And early Monday morning, LMPD and National Guard officers were called to the area of 26th and Broadway to disperse a large crowd that had gathered near Yaya’s BBQ Shack. LMPD said shots were fired at them, and they returned fire, leaving the popular restaurant owner, David McAtee, dead at age 53.

An emotional Fischer announced Monday that there was no officer body camera video of the shooting.

“That lack of institutional failure will not be tolerated,” Fischer said as he announced Conrad’s termination, effective immediately. Robert Schroeder will serve as interim police chief.

“I am saddened that it took this much calamity in our city to remove the chief of police,” said Metro Council President David James, who had to fight back tears at a news conference Monday when addressing the death of his friend, McAtee.

Protesters have been organizing to honor Breonna Taylor, the 26-year-old former EMT who was shot dead when LMPD officers served a narcotics warrant at her home in March. The three officers, still employed at LMPD, didn’t have their body cameras on in that case, either.

www.wave3.com...

So, I work a few blocks from this area . Seen the damage up close. Having cracked a molar in my mouth, I thought it was a good idea to take some time off and make a dentist appointment.

During the last 4 days, there have been live feeds all this time, mostly peaceful, then turning violent later on. It was starting to spread outward throughout the city.But, I am safe where I am , for now.

The live feeds have stopped and all the traffic cams are down also.

So, right now, I don't know what is going on. I fear it has gotten worse.
edit on 1-6-2020 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

US military is coming to a town near you.

Ironically, many of us thought of the possibility of martial law from the coronavirus.

Many of us said it was a ramp up. It certainly didn’t take them long for the main event.

Oh wait.... have we even hit that yet.....SH!T hitting fan now!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The Breonna Taylor situation was a terrible mistake, i really don't know how the officers should be charged. I just dont understand how you dont have better information to enforce a no nock warrant.

With the body cam deal though I don't believe in a firefight they have a chilldawg timeout to stop and activate the cam. Maybe they should have sensors attached to their guns or holsters to initiate the camera's.
edit on 6/1/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The same arm of the political deep state that created owns/operates the Hip Hop/Rap industry has complete and total control of both bloods and crips, which reside in every single 'city' in the USA.

This was always a contingency plan to maintain control of a city when SHTF. When formal authority is no longer a thing this is the authority that will soon prevail. The "rival" gangs will soon ally against whatever the political deep state wishes. Cities will be no go zones and 'bases' of lawless groups aligned by the deep state.

Are you ready for countryside raids? Can they pull it off? Will Trump thwart their plans before it happens?

Find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

No knock / dynamic entry should NEVER be used unless it is a life or death situation. There have been so many "wrong addresses" or "person no longer lives there" killings and "false informants" creating these situations and many innocent people have died.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Isn't going to be any Antifa types coming to the countryside. They will stay in Blue counties and urban areas.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I live in downtown Louisville. I don't hear people gathering in the alley behind my house like I heard Thursday, Friday, and last night.

I got the heck out of here about 9 p.m. on Friday and went to Lexington, but my husband stayed home. I came back home yesterday afternoon.

I do hear a helicopter outside now, so maybe there is something going on but just too far for me to hear anything.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Isn't going to be any Antifa types coming to the countryside. They will stay in Blue counties and urban areas.

There have actually been a lot of reports of non-local protestors. We are a blue county and Louisville is an urban area.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: infolurker

There have actually been a lot of reports of non-local protestors. We are a blue county and Louisville is an urban area.

Oh, I know Jefferson county is blue. But I highly doubt rioters will be going out to the nearby "Red Counties" like Henry, Shelby, or Bullitt.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

US military is coming to a town near you.

Ironically, many of us thought of the possibility of martial law from the coronavirus.

Many of us said it was a ramp up. It certainly didn’t take them long for the main event.

Oh wait.... have we even hit that yet.....SH!T hitting fan now!

I really fell it is not far away.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Here is a feed with Louisville in the bottom right. Super sketchy though; feed coming in and out:

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

The Breonna Taylor situation was a terrible mistake, i really don't know how the officers should be charged. I just dont understand how you dont have better information to enforce a no nock warrant.

With the body cam deal though I don't believe in a firefight they have a chilldawg timeout to stop and activate the cam. Maybe they should have sensors attached to their guns or holsters to initiate the camera's.

I feel they should be fired and they speed up the investigation to get to the bottom of the truth. And as far as the camera's are concerned, should have been on the whole time. I came across an updated video and will share.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I live in downtown Louisville. I don't hear people gathering in the alley behind my house like I heard Thursday, Friday, and last night.

I got the heck out of here about 9 p.m. on Friday and went to Lexington, but my husband stayed home. I came back home yesterday afternoon.

I do hear a helicopter outside now, so maybe there is something going on but just too far for me to hear anything.

We are close to Iroquois so all we hear is the helicopters every so often but we just watched the protest happening downtown on live stream- so far seems peaceful but it isn't dark yet. I knew it was going to get ugly last night when the National Guard started herding protesters towards the Avenues. People don't like being herded like cattle.
edit on 1-6-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: spelling

edit on 1-6-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I was working at the Galt House on Friday, but only half a day and got moved over to the Hampton Inn at first and Jefferson today. I went in , scoped it out, and decided to take the rest of the day off because of my toothache . Glad I did.

Wave 3 just posted a story on it.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Perhaps the judge who issued a "no-knock" warrant should also be held culpable?

I mean, someone innocent died as a result.

You can't just shrug and say "collateral".

Everyone involved bears a weight of responsibility for their actions and should be held accountable, even if they had the best of intentions, someone died, who should not have.

There must be dire consequences for dire actions in a just society.

edit on 1/6/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Everyone involved bears a weight of responsibility for their actions and should be held accountable, even if they had the best of intentions, someone died, who should not have.

The mayor stopped all no knock warrants a few days ago. The Governor has got the state police investigating, and he is not happy. My opinion is they need to replace the LMPD. This crap has gone on to long. I can't wait to get out of here and into the country.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: chr0naut

The mayor stopped all no knock warrants a few days ago. The Governor has got the state police investigating, and he is not happy. My opinion is they need to replace the LMPD. This crap has gone on to long. I can't wait to get out of here and into the country.

I also think that such trials should be open, so people can see the process of justice being served. Not a media circus, but something hyper factual and restrained.

Currently, the public are getting inflammatory mixed messages from a media trying to make as much money as they can.

The public have lost trust that justice will be done.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Absolutley they should be fired I was speaking on charges. They should fire anyone that knowingly was involved in charging her boyfriend as well.

Maybe wrongly, but I assumed the camera's battery life is the reason they turn them on and off. Thats why I suggested being activated by unholstering their weapon.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
damn, what if the plan is, riots and looting every few months from now on, until the bankers save us via the un-n-w-o, which they just launched a website for?

they will keep up the riots anytime an idiot cop makes a mistake or goes crazy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join