It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisville Police Shoot Pepper Balls at News Crew

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

too darn right i find "order vs chaos" reductive!
for one thing, for it to have any semantic value at all, you reduce the protesters to gibbering agents of pure chaos, when they're not. they're individuals with hopes and dreams and families, and their lives and motivations are every bit as complex as your own. This isn't a storybook, this isn't a film for your entertainment. You may not understand why they're doing what they're doing but you have to understand that they are complex and real human being making value judgements. Not all of those judgements are the right call and i'd never claim that, but just labelling them as, like, tHe FoRcEs Of ChAoS utterly removes and denies them of their humanity, and coincidentally denies you any hope of understanding what's happening here or the rift in or society.

Another, simpler one, because i will admit that first one gets pretty deep and we perhaps don't have the venue to discuss that here in the detail it deserves;
if the cops are Order and the protesters are Chaos, how come every single protest was completely peaceful until the cops showed up and started lobbing tear gas around?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
If you are trying to be like combat camera. You are going to experience different types of hazards. Journalists are going to have to earn their stripes.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Americans have freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble and a right to film the police in public.

Targeting the press no matter what news agency they work for, or don't work for is tyrannical behavior.

If the government of this country is serious about stopping police brutality, and if freedom lovers are serious about keeping our Constitution intact they wouldn't accept this behavior from our servants.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

CNN’s Lemon: Riots a ‘Mechanism for Restructure in Our Country’ — ‘No Other Alternative but to Exhibit This Behavior’

Lemon suggested the events could be a “mechanism” to reorganize the country.

“We don’t know what’s happening in this country right now,” Lemon said. “Perhaps this is some sort of mechanism for a restructure in our country or some sort of change in our country for us to deal with whatever we need to deal with in this country as we look at pictures on the right of burning and pictures on the left of looting.”

www.breitbart.com... havior/

All these Riots were PREDICTED Before the Covid-19 Crisis . The Leftist Communists are making their Move to Disrupt the Country Before the Nov. Elections . Just Another Attempt to Try and Remove Trump from Office . A Political Insurrection to try and Overthrow Our Country . Solution - Arrest and Convict them All before Any more People get Hurt . ........

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: Identified

In order to keep peace people have to protest peacefully. Burning down towns isn't very peaceful.

What has that to do with media being intentionally targeted by police, even after identifying themselves as media?

This was not an isolated incident.

Examp les:US Law Enforcement Are Deliberately Targeting Journalists During George Floyd Protests
edit on 31-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Do you think the police were justified in shooting them because other people were doing some wrong somewhere else?

This wasn't an accidental shooting; he aimed right at the camera man. The news crew wasn't setting fire to anything.

If he wanted to kill her he would have. They told her to get back once. She should have listened. They are not in a park playing on swings and sh!t. The danger is very real. He yelled for her to get back, she kept talking and reporting until she got the hint. They are fine, they will live to do another story.
edit on 31-5-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

too darn right i find "order vs chaos" reductive!
for one thing, for it to have any semantic value at all, you reduce the protesters to gibbering agents of pure chaos

You see, that's the thing. I did not assign a designation to which group was order and which group was Chaos. I let the reader come to their own conclusion. You are the one that assigned the designation of gibbering agents of pure chaos to the protesters.

when they're not.

Then why did you assign them that designation, Freudian slip perhaps. Someone said that to me the other day. I can't remember who it was, but they did not use it correctly.

they're individuals with hopes and dreams and families, and their lives and motivations are every bit as complex as your own.

My dear, mine is not complex at all. I try to treat each person I meet as an individual, who is worthy of my time. I have failed a few times, but not many. Not complex at all, as least in my opinion.

You may not understand why they're doing what they're doing but you have to understand that they are complex and real human being making value judgements.

I understand all to well that to destroy someone else's hard earned business's that had nothing to do with awful death of Mr. Floyd is wrong, no matter what reason someone would use in order to justify it. Just as wrong as Mr. Floyd's death. Judgement's are better made when rationality prevails.

This isn't a storybook, this isn't a film for your entertainment.

I never said it was. That is called a projection.

Not all of those judgements are the right call and i'd never claim that, but just labelling them as, like, tHe FoRcEs Of ChAoS utterly removes and denies them of their humanity, and coincidentally denies you any hope of understanding what's happening here or the rift in or society.

And you were the one that labeled them that. Shame on you, according to your own diatribe.

if the cops are Order and the protesters are Chaos, how come every single protest was completely peaceful until the cops showed up and started lobbing tear gas around?

It's also interesting that you label the cops as Order.

If you were my patient, I was prescribe self reflection. We all want what we want, and our lives are lived by how we get it.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Police don't have the right to tell someone to do something when what that person is doing is a Constitutionally Protected Act.

The point isn't whether he could have killed her or didn't kill her or whether she was putting herself in danger. The point is the police do not have the right or mandate or authority (other than brute force) to stop someone from doing what they have the Constitutional Right to do!

The fact that people think this action is excusable is why we are losing this nation.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

lol. That was gold.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Police don't have the right to tell someone to do something when what that person is doing is a Constitutionally Protected Act.

Your right. They should have just not stopped them from walking further, which they were, into a the human barricade which was made to stop the mob that was approaching. They should have left them fend for themselves and get hurt in the debacle. Could you even imagine the Headlines on CNN then?

The point isn't whether he could have killed her or didn't kill her or whether she was putting herself in danger. The point is the police do not have the right or mandate or authority (other than brute force) to stop someone from doing what they have the Constitutional Right to do!

I am pretty sure that people also have the right not to have their businesses burn down, but rights now a days doesn't seem to mean much to people running around killing people, maiming people and burning sh!t up. I am pretty sure the news team should be saying thank you for not letting our dumba$$ reporter get herself killed.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

How exactly were any of these cops stopping the reporter from being hurt or stopping anything from being looted or burned while they were targeting the Press and people on their front porches?

That's right! They weren't. They were picking an easy target that they knew wouldn't do a damn thing to them because they knew these targets weren't a threat.

Using the excuse "they were trying to protect and serve" while violating all our Rights is BS.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

How exactly were any of these cops stopping the reporter from being hurt or stopping anything from being looted or burned while they were targeting the Press and people on their front porches?

That's right! They weren't. They were picking an easy target that they knew wouldn't do a damn thing to them because they knew these targets weren't a threat.

Using the excuse "they were trying to protect and serve" while violating all our Rights is BS.

They told her to get back. She should have got back.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No she shouldn't have. An order isn't lawful just because a cop uttered it.

She was doing a Constitutionally Protected Act.

Plus it makes no sense. She should have got back so what? They wouldn't shoot her?

edit on 31-5-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No she shouldn't have. An order isn't lawful just because a cop uttered it.

She was doing a Constitutionally Protected Act.

Well then, you should get a cameraman and film yourself in that scenario and we would see exactly what you would do.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So, because someone else might get back when a cop threatens them with an unlawful order you think it is okay for a cop to do it...

Plus it makes no sense. She should have got back so what? So they wouldn't shoot her?  How about they just don't shoot her.

Amazing these big-government-nanny-state lovers who think it's okay to trample on the Constitution because "muh safety" and someone with a badge and a taxpayer paycheck said so....
edit on 31-5-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Certain People Need to Understand that there are Consequences to Violent Actions Against Society at Large . They Personally might Think that those Violent Actions are Justified in some Way , but they are Not . That's Why Laws were Written , to Remind their Punk Ahasses that they are Not the Only People in this Country , and that the Rest of US Downright Condemn their Dumb Ahass Bad Decisions . Think Before you Act is Good Advice here .........

top topics

<< 1   >>

join