It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are sports teams not returning because.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If sports teams return to play and Very few people get COVID and Almost no one gets sick and no sports figure die. It would be harder to keep the economy closed.

Why would sports do this?

The NBA is up china’s butt, so whatever they say they would do. Heck, they just moved their call manufacturing from America to China....

The owners can buy up real estate - cheap. All the commercial properties by stadiums have high rents. Deep pocket owners can buy those up. That theory holds true for all land.

Or it could be, insurance companies are telling them to not start or they could be sued for lots of money

Idk, but since this IS a conspiracy site, let’s play

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

It's all about money and public image.
I would hate to guess how many lawsuits will pop up after someone claims their dead loved one caught the rona at a pro sporting event.

They can't prove it of course but you only got to convince a jury who is already against a rich team owner.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Um.. Hasn't Hockey and Football (American) already said they are coming back? I believe Hockey this summer.

I say good for them.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Um.. Hasn't Hockey and Football (American) already said they are coming back? I believe Hockey this summer.

I say good for them.

The NHL is claiming a mid-July restart going straight into the playoffs.
And the last I heard, the NFL said they will play on schedule.
Don’t remember hearing about college sports.
Not sure about MLB.
edit on 27-5-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Baseball has a plan, but they are being held up, not because of the virus, but over player pay cuts, due to the shortened season.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If sports teams return to play and Very few people get COVID and Almost no one gets sick and no sports figure die. It would be harder to keep the economy closed.

Why would sports do this?

The NBA is up china’s butt, so whatever they say they would do. Heck, they just moved their call manufacturing from America to China....

The owners can buy up real estate - cheap. All the commercial properties by stadiums have high rents. Deep pocket owners can buy those up. That theory holds true for all land.

Or it could be, insurance companies are telling them to not start or they could be sued for lots of money

Idk, but since this IS a conspiracy site, let’s play

The economy is not and has not been closed however it was severely reduced due to the lockdown.
The fact that big business like Wal-Mart or Target or Grocery stores along with online business prevented the economy from ever shutting down.

Sports Teams are an almost perfect environment for illness to take hold due to such close proximity of teams and or staff along with constant travel. All of that being said many pro sports leagues are already turning to reopening.

For example the NHL has announced it's plans for returning with a 24 team format.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

We already know that sports teams can play and very few will get sick, much less die... Spring training games were in full swing when it was shut down for the virus. We never saw any spike as a result.

And it looks like baseball is about to start up again, albeit minus fans in the stadium:

Arizona Governor Says Pro Sports Can Resume (Without Fans) On May 16

MLB owners approve plan to start season in July

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Big-12 and SEC are holding on campus practices for football starting this summer. I haven't gotten any word yet on what the stadium experience will look like in the fall.

Soccer has restarted in Germany minus fans. Reportedly, it doesn't look very good, but then again, the teams haven't really been able to practice much recently.

edit on 27-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I would hate to guess how many lawsuits will pop up after someone claims their dead loved one caught the rona at a pro sporting event.

I'm sure stadium owners & franchise team management will add a stipulation about "assumption of risk" so that anyone who purchases a ticket to the event cannot go and sue them after the fact (they already do this for things like a hockey puck or baseball hitting a fan in the stands)

Virtue signaling may be a factor to be considered when looking at this.

Also I believe the NFL just said they plan to have fans at games when the season kicks off so it's not all leagues/teams saying they won't host events open to the public yet...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Personally I think the insurance companies are the culprit to much of this. They are risk averse by nature, but more importantly they're currently losing profits with everything shut down BUT not losing capital. They may either be playing a game, willing to lose profits for a few months to work the scam, or maybe they've bought the narrative full bore and believe this flu will cost them their asses in lawsuits if fans (customers, patrons, etc in the case of other businesses) started getting sick from it.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The people no longer get their bread and circuses. Those days are over.

This time is THEIR entertainment. THEIR bread and circuses are US.

top topics

join