It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Line Under Points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
What does the little colored line mean below your points. Does it have to do with your points or is it something else? I have seen some that are gray, orange and red? Do the colors mean anything? Also, I was wondering: two people can have the same amount of points but this line will be in different spots. Why is that?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
From what I gather the line is based on number of posts.
Staff have a orange line. Members have a gray line. Applauses turn your line red, the more you get the redder your line is.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Post number, topping out at 5000, governs the length of this bar.

Gradually reddening color is caused by Moderators awarding the member Applause for whatever it is that Moderators award the member Applause for.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Also if you hover your mouse pointer motionless over the bar their post count will show under your cursor.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Also if you hover your mouse pointer motionless over the bar their post count will show under your cursor.

Thanks for the info people.

That sounds cool but I dont think mine is working. I dont see the posts when I hover my mouse motionless.

What about two members having the same amount of point but the line is in a different place?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To see the post count you have to put the pointer on your little grey bar as if you are going to click on it, then wait a second or two.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm on Firefox and that doesn't work. I just right click, properties, then "alternate text."

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Me too. Cool, I can see it now.

Thanks to everyone for answering all my questions.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I had no idea of any of this myself...Thanks

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I'm on Firefox and that doesn't work. I just right click, properties, then "alternate text."

Thanks for the advice, I haven't switched to firefox yet, but this also works for Mozilla. I was wondering how you could tell how many posts members had.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
number of points determines the number. number of posts determines the bar. so, if someone has very few posts, but had a popular thread, they might have lots of points but a very small bar, and vice-versa.

also, notice some people's bar. namely, valhall's. her bar is broken, "too much" applause.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It has a dual purpose , one it counts your posts and the second it shows color variations that are cause by applause from mods.....the more red or orange the more applauses recieved

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
drbryan demonstrates well the value of replication of findings in the determination of the validity of a statement.

new topics

top topics

join