It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Corona Positive Missouri Stylist Liable if someone dies or gets sick

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Kind of a silly argument. If you think a hair dresser would be criminally liable, you need to find a prosecutor that would be willing to file charges. How likely is that? If you think a hair dresser would be civilly liable, you need to martial your resources to bring a civil suit and convince enough jurors to convict. Then you have to collect--from a hair dresser, who is rather unlikely to have enough financial resources to be attractive enough to sue. Plus it is unlikely that a lawyer would take such a case on contingency, so you'd have to foot the entire legal costs. And you might lose, especially if the hair dresser thought she had a mild cold.

So even if you have a theoretical case here, it is extremely unlikely from a practical perspective.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that it would be a net benefit to the country if ny, Cali and Illinois would close down indefinitely.

I think this democratic sabotage will backfire.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Good link

AN EMPLOYEE IS EXPERIENCING MILD ILLNESS SYMPTOMS, SUCH AS FEVER OR COUGH, BUT HAS ASKED TO CONTINUE WORKING. SHOULD WE HAVE THE EMPLOYEE REPORT TO WORK?

No. Employees who are ill should not come to the workplace. If an employee reports to the workplace exhibiting symptoms, the employee should be sent home immediately.

Yes, that is true...if the employee has disclosed or displaying symptoms, then the employer should send them home. Employers may even do temperature checks.

But if there's no fever and they aren't aware the employee has symptoms, then they are not to blame if the employee comes in sick.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And not all symptoms are immediately obvious either to an outside observer or even to the person experiencing them.

How many times have you had a sore throat, for example, and gone to get a strep test only to find out it wasn't strep?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ummm...yes...yes they should be held liable...

And prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...

Negligent homicide...should be the order of the day...

"Book em...Dano"...

YouSir

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm going to make a hat with lights all the way around it for sissies that are scared of their own shadow.

No...other people aren't liable if you catch the cnn cold.

If you are frail or have aids, you should stay out of crowds.

All this sounds like bs to take the heat of govs that are claiming there is a super serial virus and you should close small businesses and funnel everyone into big box stores while giving billions to corporations who pay #&%$ in taxes.

Business owners have a real case for MASSIVE damages here.

Think about it...focusing society through chokepoints where the disease would spread faster, while closing low traffic biz.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

And the person that caused it was a customer of the car company. So the customer should be held responsible.

The employee caused it

Can you prove intent?

No doubt the ambulance chasers that clear thinking people hate will be all over it, because they are scum. One could argue those who hire them are also more or less scum themselves.

The game is simple and small businesses that could open are not, exactly because of this. They sue people they know don't have the money to fight it, so they can clean them out in an out-of-court settlement. Businesses have been talking about this for weeks and asking for help from the government to protect them from the bottom dwellers.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Did you or someone you know recently get a hair cut and later manifest a dry, hacking cough? If so, they might be entitled to a settlement ... call today!

Instead of the usual slip and falls, we'll have cut and coughs.
edit on 26-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Being a business owner who often has a few employees, I've been following news stories differently than others.

I've even seen this issue come up in Congress and it's one of the things they need to deal with yesterday. It's also been discussed in local news. Lots of small businesses have failed to open out of fear of being destroyed by scammers and ambulance chasers, even though we are fully open here.

I'd like to see the bottom dwelling lawyers, not the good ones mind you, tarred and feathered.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I've even seen this issue come up in Congress and it's one of the things they need to deal with yesterday.

That is my exact point.
The WH has guidelines, and most states do too.
All that I'm aware of say if you are sick do not work.

Can you prove intent?

If you are a worker and are sick and know it, is that intent? If your state and local government say to stay home
if you are sick and you don't, is that intent?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

www.uschamber.com...

Any employee exhibiting symptoms should be required to stay home.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Except you are here assuming an intent. Just because the report says "showing symptoms" doesn't mean much. It's easy to armchair quarterback something after the fact.

I'll ask again, exactly what constellation of symptoms do you have to have to definitely prove you have COVID-19 over anything else, including, btw, seasonal allergies?

Where exactly does a person go to get a test every time they sneeze or cough these days because I haven't found that place.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Except you are here assuming an intent. Just because the report says "showing symptoms" doesn't mean much. It's easy to armchair quarterback something after the fact.

I'll ask again, exactly what constellation of symptoms do you have to have to definitely prove you have COVID-19 over anything else, including, btw, seasonal allergies?

Where exactly does a person go to get a test every time they sneeze or cough these days because I haven't found that place.

Hey I didn't write those things, the states did, the CDC, the White House etc. I have a feeling they left it vague on purpose.
Absolutely none of them say if you prove you have Covid-19, they just say "sick".

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Well if that's all it takes, then no one battling arthritis can ever work again. They are technically "sick" aren't they? They do have an auto-immune disease.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Awesome, thanks for the link, I found it very informative. That being said, I would have much respect any lawyer who even attempted to argue that as reasonable doubt, rather than push his/her client into a "admit no fault" settlement.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Directly from the White House...........

www.whitehouse.gov...

PEOPLE WHO FEEL SICK SHOULD STAY HOME
Do not go to work or school.
Contact and follow the advice of your medical provider

I didn't bold or highlight this, they did

PEOPLE WHO FEEL SICK SHOULD STAY HOME

And this:

Monitor workforce for indicative symptoms. Do not allow symptomatic people to physically return to work until cleared by a medical provider.

Key word here is "should". i.e. it is a request, not a law. I may or may not choose to tell "them" to take their request and shove it where the sun don't shine.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I suffer from allergies. I suffer from “symptoms” every day..... for the past 10 years.

My kid has allergies and suffers from coughing fits. All the disinfectants being sprayed around doesn’t help either. Try to explain to a child why ignorant a-holes are frightened by a coughing child with allergies.

The world has lost its ever F’n mind.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hardly comparable to AIDS which really was a death sentence and only could be passed from pretty specific ways. COV-29 on the other hand, what was it posted today 6 of 1 million people under the age of 65 could die from it? It also could be passed from many different sources.

It’s not a 1 to 1 comparison.

a reply to: crayzeed

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You misunderstood me I think. I was talking about legislation being needed to protect businesses from ambulance chasers and their clients. The leeches will be out in droves now, looking to cache in on peoples suffering.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

You misunderstood me I think. I was talking about legislation being needed to protect businesses from ambulance chasers and their clients. The leeches will be out in droves now, looking to cache in on peoples suffering.

Not really. I think businesses need protection, and I also think there needs to be consumer/employee protections too.
Right now there is nothing. (as it pertains to Corona)
edit on 27-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join