It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Corona Positive Missouri Stylist Liable if someone dies or gets sick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

One hundred-forty clients at a hair salon in Missouri may have been exposed to COVID-19 after a second hairstylist at the location tested positive for the coronavirus.

had been exposed after a stylist worked for eight days while showing symptoms.

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this? I think we're going to see a lot more stuff like this in the near future.

I think it is one thing to go back to work, I think it's another if you go to work knowing you have symptoms.
Businesses should take reasonable precautions. I don't think working sick is reasonable right now.

The probability of someone dying is slim, but getting sick may be much higher.
Yes yes, I know "whattabout the flu?@!" We know this is more contagious, we don't know of the long term consequences.
We do know you can't join the military if you've had it, and you sure can for the flu.
If someone gets sick and has to quarantine, possibly lose income, is that stylist responsible?

+10 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Not unless you are forced to go there.

Workers in all industries constantly go to work with infectious diseases. Don't want to ever get sick? Stay the hell home.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Unless the business you go to is the only human contact you have within the incubation period and you test everyone after every contact with another person or as we have learned animals as well you don’t know where you got sick.

More scare tactics.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The customers are just a guilty of breaking quarantine as the hair dresser.
They knew and accepted the risk.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
Unless the business you go to is the only human contact you have within the incubation period and you test everyone after every contact with another person or as we have learned animals as well you don’t know where you got sick.

More scare tactics.

Let's assume, they can prove that is where a person got it.
Let's say elderly lady literally only left house once in a month, to get her hair done and got it there.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I had this conversation in an earlier thread. I likened it to the Aids problem. Men and women knowing they had Aids as a type of revenge went out to infect as many people as they could. As far as I know there were a couple of people prosecuted for knowingly giving some one a "death sentence". I don't know if they were successful in the courts, but technically it could be classed as attempted murder.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

We would have to find case law that ended in a guilty verdict.

Otherwise this would be a new thing and a current judge and jury would decide.

I found some info on suing people who knowingly give others an std.

www.legalzoom.com...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

ummmm, what you talking about?
Salons are open in Missouri where the story takes place

Hair salons are allowed to operate in Missouri under state reopening guidelines, and the city has said those who may have been exposed at the salon would be offered tests.

edit on 26-5-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know that in the food service industry they don't care if you have the sniffles- they want you to work your shift. It always disgusted me that my managers had no issue with an obviously sick person working with food! Hospitals are just as bad (worse). We had a local hospital nurse show symptoms of the flu while working, she headed to the infirmary to get swabbed- positive. However her supervisors told her that if she went home it would be job abandonment and they would terminate her. So she finished her shift. One of her patients ended up flu positive and in the ICU- and his family is pursuing legal action.

That is when the boss makes you work- but when you choose to work with a contagious illness and know you are going to be in close proximity to people, that sucks.
I am sure they needed money, but that isn't enough to knowingly expose others to any virus.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

If it is as contagious as they say, and with our national death rate of covid, the car ride to the salon would be just as dangerous if not more so. Should car companies be responsible for car wrecks?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If it is as contagious as they say, and with our national death rate of covid, the car ride to the salon would be just as dangerous if not more so. Should car companies be responsible for car wrecks?

No but the person that caused it is.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

And the person that caused it was a customer of the car company. So the customer should be held responsible.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22

ummmm, what you talking about?
Salons are open in Missouri where the story takes place

Hair salons are allowed to operate in Missouri under state reopening guidelines, and the city has said those who may have been exposed at the salon would be offered tests.

Then absolutely not..
No laws were broken.

I thought this was one of the salons violating shutdown orders.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

And the person that caused it was a customer of the car company. So the customer should be held responsible.

The employee caused it

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein
Surely the car companies ARE liable if the sell you a vehicle with a fault (like Covid in a person) that leads to your death. If I remember correctly there were car companies sued for selling defective cars.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I've been looking at the legal issues of liability recently, especially in terms of HIV because there are existing laws directly addressing HIV, but also other STDs, polio, tuberculosis, etc.

Both in codified law and case law, it seems to come down to knowledge and intent on the part of the infected person. Did they know they were infected and infectious? What were their intentions?

It also seems to be left up to the state legislatures, rather than federal.

I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing such cases increasingly popping up, probably more in some states in others, just depending on their specific laws.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

More scare tactics.

Let's assume, they can prove that is where a person got it.
Let's say elderly lady literally only left house once in a month, to get her hair done and got it there.

I think you would have to prove that and that the infected person knew 100% they had covid and that they believed it would actually kill or seriously injure someone.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Punish the gal at the hair place right after you punish Cuomo for deliberately placing infected patients into nursing homes.

Then we can have a discussion on the topic.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The customer chose to get their hair done during a pandemic. They knew this could happen. We all knew.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"
One hundred-forty clients at a hair salon in Missouri may have been exposed to COVID-19 after a second hairstylist at the location tested positive for the coronavirus.

had been exposed after a stylist worked for eight days while showing symptoms.

I'm just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this? I think we're going to see a lot more stuff like this in the near future.

I think it is one thing to go back to work, I think it's another if you go to work knowing you have symptoms."

Well of course... Anyone with a lick of sense should it is completely reckless and criminal to take a possible lethal illness to a place where people will be directly infected in All likely hood. YES CERTAINLY any individual doing such a despicable act with fore knowledge should be held responsible, up to and including prison or jail time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join