It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero

The idea was (and is) to keep the curve flattened (or better yet, declining). Or do you think it can't steepen again, for some reason? Do you think the virus has become less infectious?

Yes, keeping the car on blocks is a very effective way to prevent a flat tire. Nevermind that it's basically useless that way.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Neat analogy. But stupid.

Perhaps you missed it. The point is that a transition can be made from mitigation to containment when the numbers are low enough and testing is sufficient.

You know, containment. Finding those who are infected and isolating them and testing those they have had contact with (like with STDs). Meanwhile, mobility for others can return to a more "normal" situation.

Anyway, more to the topic, Fauci has never advocated for endless mitigation. To say he's changed his tune is highly disingenuous, or ignorant.

edit on 5/23/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

At some point, people are going to have to ask themselves a question.

Are they entitled police-state sissies, or rugged individualists?

Many people probably don't need to bother asking.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The lock down was sure preached by him, but the reality was that no Governor wanted to be first to lock down and when one finally did it was like lemmings jumping over the cliff as then none of them wanted to be the state that didn't lock down.

South Dakota never locked down.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Turns out is was a good thing to do, actually. It has worked.

I'm not so sure. I would agree if the initial models were somewhat correct, and they were not. We can look at Sweden who didn't lock down and will reach herd immunity before everyone else and will not get a 2nd wave to boot. As of today they have 38 deaths per 100k and that is actually better than many countries locked down. The US is 28 per 100k and I would suggest that is due to that we have more open living space than anything else compared to much of the world.

Locking down dense populated hot spot areas while leaving much of the country open with social distancing we wouldn't actually see much difference in our numbers while not having 35 million out of work and 4 to 6 trillion spending bill and all the other really nasty things that will come out over this.

edit on 23-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just him continuing his flip flops, I would actually have a measure of respect if he would own up to his mistakes. Instead as mentioned earlier he will continue giving flawed advice based on incomplete data, as he pushes his drug of choice.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

They put in a 3 mile social distancing law that was easy to follow...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

Neat analogy. But stupid.

Perhaps you missed it. The point is that a transition can be made from mitigation to containment when the numbers are low enough and testing is sufficient.

You know, containment. Finding those who are infected and isolating them and testing those they have had contact with (like with STDs). Meanwhile, mobility for others can return to a more "normal" situation.

Anyway, more to the topic, Fauci has never advocated for endless mitigation. To say he's changed his tune is highly disingenuous, or ignorant.

My point was that there appears to be no actual plan for completing the transition which is the most important part of the process. How about blindly landing a plane for an analogy?
edit on 23-5-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

The lockdown was sure preached by him, but the reality was that no Governor wanted to be first to lock down and when one finally did it was like lemmings jumping over the cliff as then none of them wanted to be the state that didn't lockdown.

It's South Dakota hard to tell if they were ever open to begin with LOL. It is weird though, Georgia been open 3 weeks numbers falling off or flat, while next door Alabama seems to be hurting more, but even Alabama only has 538 fatalities still, we flattened the curve that was the goal, we knew there would still be cases. Might not work everywhere and every state, but Georgians are out and about pretty much sans masks and social distancing. Because a lot of us believe it was pure bunk and never bought into Dr. Fauxci's doom and goom scenario. It's understandable to a certain degree. You finally get called to see the President, he likely asked worst case scenario, what do you do?
edit on 23-5-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why now? When did Fauci become an economic advisor?

Crazier things have happened. Trump did base his coronavirus response off an excel sheet from one of his economic advisors. Could be he is still trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

Trump's advisers released a 'beyond stupid' mathematical model of coronavirus deaths created in Excel by a controversial economist

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think the key point is low enough for what? Low enough to see a reduction or low enough not to overwhelmed the medical system?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Read what I answered. Fauci has not "decided" policy for anyone.

But he does make a handy boogeyman.

So who advised Trump to get all the ventilators? Did he consult his hair?

Who saved so many lives from not pursuing these “deadly” chloroquine treatments?
Is Trump the hero for not pursuing treatment options. Was that all Trump and his hair?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think it's like 3 billion people, no wait, 3 trillion people have died from Covid-1984 and this joker can't even make up his mind.

Someone give me a shovel...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Crazier things have happened. Trump did base his coronavirus response off an excel sheet from one of his economic advisors. Could be he is still trying to fit square pegs in round holes.

So here is the deal.....

Trump has a lot of advisers right? The problem is when he asks someone like Fauci what should we do Fauci will say keep the country locked down until we can vaccinate and test 100+ million, so maybe until sometime next year. Then Trump asks top economists what should we do and they will say leave the country open and let herd immunity work while keeping social distancing as the primary preventative tool.

He then needs to take all this in and find the best middle ground for him to work with and so far has done well, so I fail to see your square peg round hole point.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The shutdown is a farce

The virus IS innocuous

The media can only manipulate fools

Not surprised that this has become a left-and-right issue. One side of that is FULL of fools

“Tell me what to think cNn”

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So now we should listen to economic advisors only and not medical experts?

The irreparable damage could be the extreme loss of life due to lockdowns that exceeds those of the actual virus.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I think it's like 3 billion people, no wait, 3 trillion people have died from Covid-1984 and this joker can't even make up his mind.

I think it was 30 people have lost their jobs and 30 million have died....

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The shutdown is a farce

The virus IS innocuous

The media can only manipulate fools

Not surprised that this has become a left-and-right issue. One side of that is FULL of fools

“Tell me what to think cNn”

Innocuous?

in·noc·u·ous
/iˈnäkyo͞oəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
not harmful or offensive.

Definitely not innocuous. It does in fact kill people.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It is weird though, Georgia been open 3 weeks numbers falling off or flat

Georgia isn't a good model because they have changed how they count even removing cases that made it look like numbers were falling when they were actually plateauing. At the beginning they were counting those who tested positive for both antibodies and positive for COVID as the same then they changed it which is fine but it made it look like the infection rate was dropping. To quote others they either don't know what they are doing or they are doctoring the numbers.

Latest data lapse inflated Georgia’s virus test count by 57,000

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

340k bodies against the 2 million or so who have recovered worldwide
edit on 23-5-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join