It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The shutdown is a farce

The virus IS innocuous

The media can only manipulate fools

Not surprised that this has become a left-and-right issue. One side of that is FULL of fools

“Tell me what to think cNn”

Innocuous?

in·noc·u·ous
/iˈnäkyo͞oəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
not harmful or offensive.

Definitely not innocuous. It does in fact kill people.

Hardly

99.95% recovery rate

It’s harmless

But that goes against cNn so I can see why it upsets people

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

Who saved so many lives from not pursuing these “deadly” chloroquine treatments?

Deadly? Chloroquine been around for 70 years and 100s of millions have taken it...lol Its been around so long it isn't used much anymore as viruses have mutated past the point of it being effective, but a nuevo virus would be like viruses 70 years ago.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

They put in a 3 mile social distancing law that was easy to follow..

Yep in temperatures that would freeze a fart.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

He then needs to take all this in and find the best middle ground for him to work with and so far has done well, so I fail to see your square peg round hole point.

Really? Do you really fail to see a problem with using an economic advisor's model predictions on the death rate of the virus to plan responses? As far as I am concerned that is a square peg being forced into a round hole. Kevin Hassett may be a great economic adviser but what expertise does he have with virus spread or death rates? Remember that his model was the one that said deaths would be zero in mid-May.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

He then needs to take all this in and find the best middle ground for him to work with and so far has done well, so I fail to see your square peg round hole point.

Really? Do you really fail to see a problem with using an economic advisor's model predictions on the death rate of the virus to plan responses? As far as I am concerned that is a square peg being forced into a round hole. Kevin Hassett may be a great economic adviser but what expertise does he have with virus spread or death rates? Remember that his model was the one that said deaths would be zero in mid-May.

We are closer to zero than 2 million.... just saying.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

You'll love this...
link to my new thread

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Who saved so many lives from not pursuing these “deadly” chloroquine treatments?

Deadly? Chloroquine been around for 70 years and 100s of millions have taken it...lol Its been around so long it isn't used much anymore as viruses have mutated past the point of it being effective, but a nuevo virus would be like viruses 70 years ago.

I have deadly in quotes for a reason.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I can be sarcastic at times.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

It is weird though, Georgia been open 3 weeks numbers falling off or flat

Georgia isn't a good model because they have changed how they count even removing cases that made it look like numbers were falling when they were actually plateauing. At the beginning they were counting those who tested positive for both antibodies and positive for COVID as the same then they changed it which is fine but it made it look like the infection rate was dropping. To quote others they either don't know what they are doing or they are doctoring the numbers.

Test count doesn't really doesn't matter when hospitalizations and deaths are on the decrease, we were never going to know how many cases there are we don't have enough tests and the ones we do have are some are faulty not to mention 1/3 of the cases are asymptomatic and these persons will likely not go and get themselves tested anyway. Hospitalizations are mostly less than 100 a day in the whole state for the last 2-3 weeks if not more. Below is a link to an excellent graphic showing Georgia's trend.

Another bell-weather here in the south, the SEC voted to restart letting students back on campus June 7th, seriously doubt they would risk starting if they didn't feel like cases could be mitigated fairly efficiently. That's universities opening back up with potential issues as well as litigation, in Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Texas, and Tennessee. we are going to find out shortly if it will continue to be a problem or not. Like your governor said earlier you don't have to participate if you are scared or worried by all means continue to shelter in place.

www.reddit.com...
edit on 23-5-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Ha haaa

I watched that video just last night.

That’s precisely 100% what these people are like. Without the media to TELL them how to live and what to think, they’d be dead from starvation.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Closer is great for horseshoes and hand grenades.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That is not what I said.... Reread my post...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I have deadly in quotes for a reason.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I can be sarcastic at times.

Sorry

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Here in Florida we dodged a bullet because most of the theme parks like Disney and universal shut down weeks before any of the states did. Disney was already seeing the repercussions of the virus from their parks in other countries. They didn't shut down out of goodness. They lose like 36 mil a day with the shutdown. They are reopening in phases now but they are doing it very slow.

I heard they are going to force people to buy Disney masks. Never let an opportunity to make a buck slide by.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

It's South Dakota hard to tell if they were ever open to begin with LOL. It is weird though, Georgia been open 3 weeks numbers falling off or flat, while next door Alabama seems to be hurting more, but even Alabama only has 538 fatalities still, we flattened the curve that was the goal, we knew there would still be cases. Might not work everywhere and every state, but Georgians are out and about pretty much sans masks and social distancing. Because a lot of us believe it was pure bunk and never bought into Dr. Fauxci's doom and goom scenario. It's understandable to a certain degree. You finally get called to see the President, he likely asked worst case scenario, what do you do?

The red states are all doing better than the blue states. lol

Been driven state to state the whole time no mask no gloves
in and out of truck stops from Denver to L.A. I know BS when
I hear it.

But what really bothers me is to see someone driving in their car alone
with the windows up and they have their muzzle on.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That is not what I said.... Reread my post...

You first because you didn't address my original post either. My original post referenced Trump using Kevin Hassett model. I even gave the link.

Trump didn't use the middle ground with that. He used an economist model for deaths to base the coronavirus response on. That would be on par with using Fauci's recomendations on the economy.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

It's South Dakota hard to tell if they were ever open to begin with LOL. It is weird though, Georgia been open 3 weeks numbers falling off or flat, while next door Alabama seems to be hurting more, but even Alabama only has 538 fatalities still, we flattened the curve that was the goal, we knew there would still be cases. Might not work everywhere and every state, but Georgians are out and about pretty much sans masks and social distancing. Because a lot of us believe it was pure bunk and never bought into Dr. Fauxci's doom and goom scenario. It's understandable to a certain degree. You finally get called to see the President, he likely asked worst case scenario, what do you do?

What's wrong with a lil muzzle?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Closer is great for horseshoes and hand grenades.

Don't try to move the goal post. The economist prediction was far more accurate. Just because someone has a Ph.D. in whatever field does not necessarily make them infallible. Many people with medical degree lack common sense and many economist couldn't run a lemonade stand.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That's OK for you. I will keep taking my car to the mechanic and going to the dentist for my teeth.

Even if each thinks they can do the other's job I ain't going to trust them too.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: carsforkids

Cars post made me think of this song.
Muzzle of Bees

Lyrics:
There's a random painted highway
And a muzzle of bees
My sleeves have come unstitched
From climbing your tree

When dogs laugh some say they're barking
I don't think they're mean
Some people get so frightened
The fences in between

edit on 23-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Nothing my good man! Especially when it brings forth a flash!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join