It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Get Your Boss Fired if You Absolutely have the Goods ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
hmm - theres a lot of wombats dispensing idiotic advice . that ammounts to rewarding criminality

if this offends you - look in a fooking mirror

BUT - no one actually gives a coherent reason why thier idiocy should be heeded

so come on :

why should the OP quit his job - and allow this " boss " to carry on ??????????????????

hint - would you maintain your position - if your daughter was one of the underlings being bullied ?

talk is cheap - do you have any logical base for your position ?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'd argue assisting in hiding crucial info and letting a bully be a bully is bad Karma.

Evil by inaction.

Called, in theology, s sin of ommision.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Can you explain what is so bad about a ''snitch''?

If this guy is a poor manager and the workers suffer because of it, where is the snitching. Are there no avenues where you work to evaluate managment? If not, what kind of place do you work for, a sweat shop?
I always took a ''snitch'' to be a person who was part of a gang who then for their own purposes decided to turn on another of the gang and give the goods to authorities. If you got the goods, file a grievance. Be a whistle blower, that's not snitching.

Snitching is when loyalty is owed to someone and then turning on them when you should be more loyal. Do you owe this boss loyalty? He got you the job you say but at the same time he begged you to take the job and then turns around and treats everyone like crap.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
****Adding for clarity.****

He knows I have the information.

I confronted him last time we had a blowout.

He admitted it.

So, it will not surprise him who told.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'd throw him under so fast, he deserves it.

Edit: since he knows you know make it worth your while.

edit on 20-5-2020 by StoolSample because: New information has revealed itself

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I had a love/hate relationship with my last boss, like a "frienemy". Depending on the day everyone in our department either loved her or hated her. She would pull sketchy stuff with the numbers and when she got caught would throw me under the bus and tell her superior that I had done it, but if I needed to haul butt out of the blue down to Texas she would change schedules, call people in, whatever it took so I could leave without notice without any repercussions from upper management, etc.

She was a really bad department manager, never took responsibility for her mistakes, blamed others (usually me) when she pulled stuff that was a big no-no and got caught, etc. She was also there for me when I needed a friend to lean on, stood up to upper management for me, and bent the rules a few times when I really needed her to. She was the same with everyone else in our department.

She had a drinking problem, a gambling addiction and was constantly taking off leaving me to run the departments (yes, 3 departments lumped together under one manager) with no notice for weeks at a time. But she also had a good heart and would give you the shirt off of her back. Sometimes relationships with your boss can be as complicated as relationships with your family.

I never reported her for her wrong doings, even when she blamed me. Upper management knew she was covering her own backside and they too had a love/hate relationship with her. Now she has been forced into early retirement (not Covid related but because of restructuring that was announced long before Corona was anything but a beer).

Funny thing is that once I didn't work for her anymore the hate part of that love/hate relationship went away. Many times she begged me to come back to work for her but I always refused. We're still friends. I was there for her when her mama died last year, a wonderful lady.

Your boss will reap what he sows whether or not you do anything to speed the process. Let the Universe do its job and keep your hands clean.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why not bribe him? Lol. Send him an anonymous letter saying you know the dirt. Scare him a bit

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I'd move on dude. The other option is too dangerous.
Especially if the boss knows his history, if related they will prob both turn on you.

Good luck. No better time to start a new biz than now.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
hmm - theres a lot of wombats dispensing idiotic advice . that ammounts to rewarding criminality

if this offends you - look in a fooking mirror

BUT - no one actually gives a coherent reason why thier idiocy should be heeded

so come on :

why should the OP quit his job - and allow this " boss " to carry on ??????????????????

hint - would you maintain your position - if your daughter was one of the underlings being bullied ?

talk is cheap - do you have any logical base for your position ?

Hey, if you are the type to call the cops on your neighbor for smoking a joint on his back patio at night, then that's just who you are.

And yes, if my daughter was in the position I would tell her the same thing... get out of the situation and go do something else.

There are the "run to the authorities to help me" people and then there are the ones that take care of themselves and mind their own business.

~shrug~

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It is the way he treats old people that disturbs me.

I am the only one who will stand up to him.

Others beg me to tell him things he won’t like.

They all need their jobs. They cower from the bully.

It’s fun not caring what the boss thinks.

This thread has me going back and forth.

Every reply makes me think...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

I think blackmail is the word you're searching for.
Blackmail an ex-con?
Good way to end up face down in the river.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

It is the way he treats old people that disturbs me.

I am the only one who will stand up to him.

Others beg me to tell him things he won’t like.

They all need their jobs. They cower from the bully.

It’s fun not caring what the boss thinks.

This thread has me going back and forth.

Every reply makes me think...

I understand. You have to do what you think is best, and you are the one who has to live with whatever comes of it. No matter what we tell you here ultimately you are the one who has to deal with the fall out. I wish you luck and hope for the best in your predicament!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yeah, get him fired. He knows you have it out for him. You think he won't retaliate? Tattle tales invariably, eventually get the everlovin covfefe beat out of them.

edit on 20-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Yeah, get him fired. He knows you have it out for him. You think he won't retaliate? Tattle tales invariably, eventually get the everlovin covfefe beat out of them.

I’m leaning towards doing nothing.

I wondered when you would pop up.

Never snitched in my life.

I’m old now.

However, others now have the information.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Burn em down or leave.

Those are the only 2 choices.

Choose wisely.
edit on 20-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Frame one or more of his snitches. Two wrongs don't make a right, but the two wrongs may kill each other...

BTW, whats his wife or girlfriend look like? Thats how I used to get even...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That's my worry here. If it's against the policy for him to be what he is and it came up on an easy background check, then surely there is someone higher up the food chain covering for him in some way. It has to be a known thing.

I mean, sure you can send the information you have on him, but I'd get clear first.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Really confused here...seems like most of You are of the "Snitches get stitches" bunch. So You see an old man getting beat on the street or a woman getting raped, or Yes YOUR NEIGHBOR, abusing Their child/ren, and You just move on and let Karma take care of it? Thats seems pretty cowardly. OP Said the Guy abuses everyone including old people that need the job and You think moving on and letting it work itself Out is the HUMAN thing to do? Granted Op needs to make His own choice but damn, I thought most of You were better than that. Sorry My Bad!

Edit: Heros stand up and do the right thing!!
edit on 20-5-2020 by ATruGod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You have an ethical duty to do the right thing, but you need to be careful not to screw yourself over in the process.

It is wise to delete your browser cache and any other traces. A tool like CCleaner, or BleachBit, or System Ninja is probably in order.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: rickymouse

That's my worry here. If it's against the policy for him to be what he is and it came up on an easy background check, then surely there is someone higher up the food chain covering for him in some way. It has to be a known thing.

I mean, sure you can send the information you have on him, but I'd get clear first.

The people that covered up his background check are gone.

5 new people are in charge that don’t know him.

Our industry is under heavy scrutiny.

They will absolutely sh|t bricks if they knew.

I am waiting to see what tomorrow brings.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join