It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Get Your Boss Fired if You Absolutely have the Goods ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I can honestly say that most people get what they deserve. Sometimes it takes a long time, but it happens.
I know some call it Karma, I'm not sure I'd say that.

Don't do it, let it happen naturally.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

What do you mean by, "pull out your tampon?" Are you implying he is being weak 'like' a woman by the fact that women bleed each month in order to create another human?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Be the Buda and be patient. Trust me; he will dig his own grave (so to speak). Position yourself well by offering to take on some of his work load and learn his job duties. The effort will pay off when he is let go.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Absolutely don't do it for your own benefit. However, if you are loyal to the company, then I would advise that you take into careful consideration how his actions affect it. Does his behavior put anyone in unwarranted danger? Does his behavior give the company a bad reputation or negatively impacts their operating? In other words, if you owned the company would you fire him for a reason other than your distaste?

If you are loyal to the company, and he truly should not be with them for legitimate reasons, then yes out him. Don't hide it. Own it.

It's a far cry different than snitching in general I you have a vested professional interest in the well being of the company.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
****Adding for clarity.****

He knows I have the information.

I confronted him last time we had a blowout.

He admitted it.

So, it will not surprise him who told.

Even better. You confronted him first thereby giving him the opportunity to make things right. It's on him.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Depends on a couple things in my opinion, how much do you like your job, how much do you need your job, and how easy would it be to get a new one.

Though I'll say if you actually like your job, do it, be a Kevin/Karen. The guy brought it upon himself, and jobs you like are hard to find.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Cmajlz

My boss is a jerk. I need some advice.

I have always been my own boss.

Until the past couple years. Took the easy money.

Background on my Boss.

He is a convicted federal prisoner that did 4 years federal time.

He has never paid his taxes and owes almost two million.

I did a paid background check it all came up.

Problem is he hired me even invited me to work there.

Current Situation:

He is toxic. Runs the place like a prison. It’s all he knows.

He has wild mood swings. You never know what mood he will be in.

He has his snitches everyone else gets nothing.

He is a bully and obviously high and drinks every day.

Problem is he is in a position that strictly bans convicts.

It’s a sensitive position. No I don’t want the job.

If I let it slip he is gone.

He torments old people. Plays one against the other.

Problem is I’m not a snitch. I am struggling with this.

Would you get your boss fired, if you absolutely could ?

Sounds like a hostile workplace environment. Eventually someone will sue the company and get a big settlement.

Which had better be a HUGE settlement, because that "someone" won't be able to find gainful employment in that career field ever again...

Retaliation is even a bigger lawsuit. Employee basically becomes untouchable.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Means nothing without context... lots of people convicted of 'federal crimes' that I don't consider crimes.

This. This a thousand times!!!
There are a lot of so called crimes that just protect institutions, the pharmacy lobby or other faceless entities. Yet some things are a sin and a crime even if you did not harm anyone either physically, mentally or financially.

But for most people all that counts is that entry on your good behavior sheet. As soon as they know they disassociate themselves because it could hurt their own reputation.

# them all.

Back to the topic, just look for a new workplace, the guy will eventually get his karma.
edit on 21-5-2020 by Shibari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Really confused here.

Yes, you are...

So You see an old man getting beat on the street or a woman getting raped, or Yes YOUR NEIGHBOR, abusing Their child/ren, and You just move on and let Karma take care of it?

Not even in the same universe, dude.

If the OP asked what I would do if I caught him beating or even raping a fellow employee - well, he'd either be in the hospital, or if it was the second one, morgue (or the hospital wishing he was in the morgue).

Those two instances are not even remotely the same as simply being an abusive boss.

Edit: Heros stand up and do the right thing!!

Heroes don't go crying to mommy and daddy. They handle the situation themselves.

So, I'll answer again, depending on whether or not the abuse was physical and/or how bad it was, I'd either leave/quit and find other employment, or kick his ass until he stopped.

But here is the problem... I've had problem neighbors before... feuds like that don't end well. Some people are really, really messed up, and you end up with slashed tires, keyed cars, and all kinds of other problems if you call the cops.

So, either quit, or be prepared to go to all out war and end their life (or have yours ended), because with some people, thats the only way.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

My boss is a jerk. I need some advice.

I have always been my own boss.

Until the past couple years. Took the easy money.

Background on my Boss.

He has never paid his taxes and owes almost two million.

I did a paid background check it all came up.

Problem is he hired me even invited me to work there.

Current Situation:

He is toxic. Runs the place like a prison. It’s all he knows.

He has wild mood swings. You never know what mood he will be in.

He has his snitches everyone else gets nothing.

He is a bully and obviously high and drinks every day.

Problem is he is in a position that strictly bans convicts.

It’s a sensitive position. No I don’t want the job.

If I let it slip he is gone.

He torments old people. Plays one against the other.

Problem is I’m not a snitch. I am struggling with this.

Would you get your boss fired, if you absolutely could ?

Hell yes 100%. He is created a toxic environment and it will continue until someone 'you' has the balls to do something about it.
P.S. karma is imaginary. If it was real people like Hilary and Gates would have been jailed LONG ago

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Really confused here.

Yes, you are...

So You see an old man getting beat on the street or a woman getting raped, or Yes YOUR NEIGHBOR, abusing Their child/ren, and You just move on and let Karma take care of it?

Not even in the same universe, dude.

If the OP asked what I would do if I caught him beating or even raping a fellow employee - well, he'd either be in the hospital, or if it was the second one, morgue (or the hospital wishing he was in the morgue).

Those two instances are not even remotely the same as simply being an abusive boss.

Edit: Heros stand up and do the right thing!!

Heroes don't go crying to mommy and daddy. They handle the situation themselves.

So, I'll answer again, depending on whether or not the abuse was physical and/or how bad it was, I'd either leave/quit and find other employment, or kick his ass until he stopped.

But here is the problem... I've had problem neighbors before... feuds like that don't end well. Some people are really, really messed up, and you end up with slashed tires, keyed cars, and all kinds of other problems if you call the cops.

So, either quit, or be prepared to go to all out war and end their life (or have yours ended), because with some people, thats the only way.

So You do the right thing if You get to beat somebody or You cut out and leave everyone else to deal with it. Thats fine but don't pretend like Your the better person for it.

"Snitches get stitches" implies anyone who reports anything to anyone for any reason should just go ahead and get beat up ("stitches") am I wrong?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

am I wrong?

Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join