It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

altCensored: Website Fights Censorship By Hosting Deleted YouTube Videos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Not that this site will overtake Google's youtube anytime soon however I am glad someone is trying to fight back with more than just words.
altCensored: Website Fights Censorship By Hosting Deleted YouTube Videos www.thegatewaypundit.com...

A brilliant website is tracking and republishing videos that are being censored by YouTube.

altCensored features videos from across the political spectrum, and many that aren’t political at all, that have been removed by the video streaming giant.

The goal of the website, which was created in 2019, is to “be the reference for YouTube censored content through a community effort across ideological lines” and to “raise awareness of increasing online censorship,” according to a statement provided to Gateway Pundit.

“YouTube limits access to videos that are neither illegal, nor violate their own Terms and Conditions or Community Guidelines,” altCensored’s website explains. “’Limited state’ videos are placed behind a warning message, cannot be shared, monetized or easily found, and have likes, comments, view counts and suggested videos disabled.”

The site has created an “unbiased community catalog,” and the over 40,000 videos that they have ended up with is fascinating.

altcensored.com...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

VERY cool.. I have a few I have subbed and they are being unsubbed. Weird.. like no one would notice??

Is this covid and govt stuff ... or everything.. all boobies and graverobbing included?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Finally, light at the end of the tunnel!

So many videos I couldn't have watch anymore, only a few of them were showing women, they are well dressed - a little bit...(LOL)

1:0 against censorship.

727 sky, thank you so much.

edit on 20-5-2020 by lotusaugen because: Rechtschreibfehler again...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I am glad someone is trying to fight back with more than just words.

Here are more alternatives:

1. Bitchute: www.bitchute.com...

The 'Plandemic' documentary was trending everywhere on this website, which helped it grow. I've never seen it censor or remove videos.

2. Brighteon: www.brighteon.com...

Similar to Bitchute but less popular.

3. lbry: lbry.tv...

We are thrilled to announce the public launch of lbry.tv, the most free way to share, follow, and support digital content. Via lbry.tv, you can create a secure publishing account that you and only you (not even us) have the ability to update or modify. You can also watch content from top creators, stream Hollywood films, and browse a quirky digital wonderland while earning a stake in a community-controlled protocol.

Source

4. Invidious: invidio.us...

This is actually YouTube but without ads or tracking scripts. It includes a dark mode and an 'audio only' mode which can make it run in the background on mobile devices.
edit on 20/5/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Oh nice! A one-stop-shop of all the vids they don't WANT you to see!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Nice, thanks for this.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is great, rather than asking the government to control private enterprise ... open a new channel, spit in Youtube's eye!

These hosting groups are taking a good deal of liability on themselves though; hope that doesn't kill the effort in short order.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What liability?

“be the reference for YouTube censored content through a community effort across ideological lines” and to “raise awareness of increasing online censorship,” according to a statement provided to Gateway Pundit."

But from their own site:

YouTube limits access to videos that are neither illegal, nor violate their own Terms and Conditions or Community Guidelines.

"Limited state" videos are placed behind a warning message, cannot be shared, monetized or easily found, and have likes, comments, view counts and suggested videos disabled.

altCensored.com is an unbiased community catalog of 41022 such videos, including those removed by YouTube or self-censored. Of 5704 monitored channels, 736 have been deleted and 1679 are being archived in case of deletion.

Download videos with 'right mouse button click' inside the video window or use the 'Download Torrent' link. Channel RSS Feeds contain torrent links to easily download entire channels.

Email new channels suggestions to [email protected] or [email protected].

Disclosure...BAM!!!! Done.

Bold and underline are my additions.

It makes me happy when I see obdurate behavior. If more people acted instead of flapping their gums when attempts at repression shows its ugly head, it would be less of an issue and true freedom more attainable.

edit on 20-5-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Thanks for posting, now I have some really good stuff to get my teeth into.

No more rubbish to scroll though on ThemTube.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
do they have the videos of the guy who went to germany, to prove the ovens were 'replicas'
i have that documentary somewhere, but i always wanted to show enlightened friends.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
do they have the videos of the guy who went to germany, to prove the ovens were 'replicas'
i have that documentary somewhere, but i always wanted to show enlightened friends.

Oh man, sure do that! And then never go to Germany, kbythx!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
fighting censorship or paying for their own shlit instead of using someone's freebie and bitchin

now if YouTube went and took down videos people host with their own money..... I'd say there's censorship. otherwise it's just mentalists doing and saying what they do...
edit on 20-5-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is a very interesting website, gives you an idea of things YouTube targets most heavily. They seem to have a real grudge against David Icke and Tommy Robinson, a lot of the videos are just from those two guys. However, from what I can tell this website isn't showing all YouTube videos that are in a limited state, it's probably coded to search through the videos uploaded by specific channels and check whether they are in a limited state, which is why so many of the videos are from the same channels. They need to expand the list to include the most popular conservative channels such as Mark Dice and PJW. I'm sure they have quite a few interesting videos in a limited state.

EDIT: it's also important to realize that YouTube does remove videos or place them into a limited state because they are truly misleading or out right racist. So don't go thinking all the videos listed on this website must contain valuable information just because YouTube doesn't like them.
edit on 20/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People need to read the fine print before they post up on youtube or any social media. Just like reading the T&Cs here on ATS. Look who owns your posts when you comment on a privately owned website, you might be surprised.

The naivete around here is astonishing!

edit on 20-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
See, its # like this that's hilarious. When this site gets taken down people will scream 'censorship!', despite YouTube's terms agreement being violated.

Context: Here's the author's git hub: github.com...

Immediately you see a python wrapper that proxies requests to YouTube and uses a third party library to download the videos, then uploads them to archive.

A clear violation of YouTube's terms of service.
edit on 20-5-2020 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

What terms are they violating exactly? They seem to be streaming the videos from archive.org so they aren't even embedding videos from YouTube.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Yes , The TRUTH is Out There but you have to Make an Effort to Separate it from the Bull Sheet .

banned.video...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

What terms are they violating exactly? They seem to be streaming the videos from archive.org so they aren't even embedding videos from YouTube.

See edit.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I didn't know it was possible to directly upload to archive.org but if that's what they're doing it probably is against YouTube's T&C. Don't know why they didn't just embed the videos from YouTube, maybe videos in a limited state can't be embedded.
edit on 20/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

I didn't know it was possible to directly upload to archive.org but if that's what they're doing it probably is against YouTube's T&C. Don't why they didn't just embed the videos from YouTube, maybe videos in a limited state can't be embedded.

You can upload via their API.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join