It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Social Distancing Gimmicks Used At Restaurants/Bars. Your Own Bumper Table!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

BAAAA-A-A-A-A...BAA-A-A-A-A...BAAAAA-A-A-A-D people, right?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bender151
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Yeah, because people are clearly too dumb to do it themselves. That's like criticizing a parent for putting a baby in a crib instead of letting it roam freely unsupervised. If you're priority right now is going to a bar, you deserve something attached to you letting everyone know how dumb you are.

Perhaps to you and the people you know are that dumb enough to need this type of government parenting. Meanwhile, the rest of the actual adults in the world can make their own responsible decisions.

edit on 5/19/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'd go to a place that limits the number of tables and customers, without any social distancing gimmicks. Now the ones with the glass enclosures? On a sunny day those things have to be hot boxes, no thanks.
edit on 19-5-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I would do the inner tube table one.

Until I got kicked out for using them as real bumper cars.

Probably 10 minutes or so.

And this is why you and I should be legally banned from ever coming across each other offline -- there's no way I'd let you have all the bumper car table fun by yourself XD

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Would you patronize a place that implements these devices? Or, would you instead go to a place that limits the number of tables and customers, without any social distancing gimmicks?

I won't patronize anyplace that I don't have to until they stop with all of the nonsensical 'social distancing' BS.

We buy most of our food from local farmers/suppliers, most of whom only do the social distancing crap because it is expected of them - but welcome handshakes and hugs from those of us who haven't gone batsnip insane.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree.

To be fair, I was never big on eating at a restaurant anyway. Having had so many family members in the business, I know all too well what goes on in too many of those places. And what goes on long before a lot of the fare even hits the restaurant.

My way of eating out is eating on the porch.

I had a regular follow up MD appointment yesterday. First time I have left my home for anything other than work since mid March.

I stopped at Costco for dog food, otherwise I would have given it a pass, because the parking lot was packed.

I was shocked at how fast I got in and out. It was so well organised that you felt like you were shopping in an empty store. Everyone was friendly, just like any other time.

It went so well I decided to stop at the supermarket in my area. Again, well organized. No different than any other time. People still friendly and highly social. Some with masks and some without. Outside of the one way arrows on the floor, which no one was paying attention to anyway, just wasn't enough crowding to make a difference, it was just like any other time I had shopped there.

Neighbors still loving and hugging. We have become more attentive to each other, and we share our meals more than ever. Every day I have something on the table from my neighbors. Be it corn, kale, tomatoes, peppers, melons, eggs, bread or pastries.

Again to be fair, this was in a suburban area, and the majority of the residents would be classified as upper/upper middle class. They moved into our little slice of heaven so they realize they have to tolerate us poor country folk, that have been blocked in by their progress.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join