It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Social Distancing Gimmicks Used At Restaurants/Bars. Your Own Bumper Table!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sorry, but there is no way I'd patronize a restaurant or bar if I had to get into one of these contraptions.

IMO, this type of behavior doesn't promote a sense of normalcy and freedom, it just fuels the paranoia.

I'm sure there are people who wouldn't have a problem with this, but personally, I'd rather go to an establishment that wasn't deploying a social distancing gimmick, especially at a bar. Treat me like an adult, and besides, where would you park this thing when you needed to go to the restroom?

Bumper Tables...Glass Enclosures...Noodle Hats...Plastic Barriers. Will these social distancing devices be the new norm at some restaurants/bars for the rest of the year?

Would you patronize a place that implements these devices? Or, would you instead go to a place that limits the number of tables and customers, without any social distancing gimmicks?

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Its for real. Even worse in Asia.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Welcome to Hell, we hope you enjoy your stay/

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Absolutley ridiculous!
At least we are more sensible in the UK:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
That one with the foam rolls in a Cafe in Schwerin is not faked but staged by RTL.

Not a fake, but staged: the hats with pool noodles
Pool noodles on your head to keep the distance rules - looks funny, but is not a real action.

On a Sharepic you can see visitors to a cafe wearing hats with attached pool noodles so that the distance regulation of 1.5 - 2 meters is observed. Sharepic, in the text of which is maliciously made fun of, is shared in particular on various pages.

Who was really behind it?

The cafe itself says nothing more about the picture, which is why the most mixed comments can be found under the picture. Most find the action just funny, but some users scoff at the "Merkelhöfe" and the "sheep" who follow every instruction.

However, we found a better indication of the background on the Facebook profile of an employee of the cafe, who referred to a report from RTL who had reported on the cafe.

In the article, RTL reports that the boss personally distributed the hats with the pool noodles to the guests, so that from the mere reading, the impression also arises that this was an act of the cafe. RTL only points to another reason in a small sentence:

"In the video you can find out who was behind the campaign!"

In that video, the voiceover says the following:

“To be honest, the distance hat wasn't made up by the cafe owner, but we!
Our reporter wanted to see how people react when you put the 1.50 meter long swimming noodle on their head. ”

For the most part, the guests didn't mind and both the cafe and RTL are satisfied, since pictures and videos of it went viral and even reports about it in Italy.

Conclusion
The pool noodle hat campaign was just a fun test by RTL of how people react to the hats, but not a real cafe action. But it's always funny, and the cafe is also happy about the publicity.
Link (german)

Btw, RTL is one of the MSM broadcasters that shoots with the "conspiracy theorists" cannon on everything that moves, breathes and questions things which need to be questioned when it comes to the corona lockdown and it´s outcomes. Without noticing that this kind of "journalism" is one of the reasons for "conspiracy theories".

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That first one is a pretty telling example of what modern society has been reduced to...a bunch of sniveling 2 year old's running around in their baby walker/roller chairs!

"Feed me! Clean me! Protect me, Mommy government!"

edit on 5/19/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would do the inner tube table one.

Until I got kicked out for using them as real bumper cars.

Probably 10 minutes or so.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Mark my words,it will be mandatory gimp suits for everyone before the year is out.
Thats not wishful thinking,I promise.
edit on 19/5/2020 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

WTF! Those people don’t even get the term sheeple. They are just stupid sheep.

You’d have to have no dignity to subject yourself to that crap.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is all futile.

FACE FACTS.

We're all going to be exposed eventually regardless of this gimmickry.

This is slowing and preventing herd immunity which desperately needs to happen.

It's just a placating psychological ploy to appease those that refuse to think for themselves and believe everything the government/MSM tells them.

Personally, I refuse to live like that. It ridiculous and neutering.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I would do the inner tube table one.

Until I got kicked out for using them as real bumper cars.

Probably 10 minutes or so.

Yeah, they looked kind of fun, lots of spilled drinks though

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
You are welcome not to go to those places. I won't go either. If they can keep enough people going to stay in business then good for them. If not they'll either close the doors or change the policies.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Forget dignity, what about plain old common sense?!?!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Forget dignity, what about plain old common sense?!?!

Huh? What’s that?

Oh, I just looked it up. Apparently, common sense went out the door — when we got a new strain of the flu.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Personally, I refuse to live like that. It ridiculous and neutering.

That's the whole idea! Don't you get it? They want everyone, all of society, thinking the only choices are:

1. Be neutered, or..
2. Die!

The more I think about the OP, the more I just can NOT believe how incomprehensibly STOOPID people have become!!

Just complete short-bus window-lickin' MORONS!

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Common sense was already in hospice before that!

Way past the ICU stage.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Inner tube tables might be fun at a water park if you actually used them for floating and noshing or sipping. Could get real messy though.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

That first video can't be serious/??

As for the others, why bother to dine out if you're gonna be cooped up in some glass house or plastic covering??

Just stay at home... more freedom to do what you want and you'll save cash.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

DOH! There you go again with that common sense thing!!

**GASP!**

"Bad, BAD, person! Now get back in your hermetically sealed bubble and stay there!!"

ETA - Plus, can't imagine what the Fire Marshall thinks about that idea, if real! Bunch of peeps contained within a ring of pressurized flammable material with no easy egress, and they damn sure aren't getting though the fire exits with one of those things on!

edit on 5/19/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Yeah, because people are clearly too dumb to do it themselves. That's like criticizing a parent for putting a baby in a crib instead of letting it roam freely unsupervised. If you're priority right now is going to a bar, you deserve something attached to you letting everyone know how dumb you are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join