It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Government Stop Dumping Money into a Giant Hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Onion exclusive!

m.youtube.com...

With the Trillions being printed and wasted during this "pandemic", I feel that the video is relevant to current economic practices. As satirical as this is, it's a disturbingly accurate portrayal of US economic practice.

Discuss!
edit on 17-5-2020 by WorldUnderCeej because: Embedding video

edit on 17-5-2020 by WorldUnderCeej because: Dammit Dinosaur Charlie... Embed attempt #3

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
... can a mod please embed this? I'm on a 12 year old Samsung flip phone (Dinosaur Charlie) atm and I just can't get it working.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thank you so much!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Insanity! How can we make any progress in this country if we stop doing the same things we were doing that never worked before? Like throwing money down the hole. It never did what it was supposed to, so that just means we need to do more of it. If we stop and try something else, something untried ... well, who knows what might happen?!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well obviously the hole is empty, which is why we are printing enough money to fund entire countries. An empty money hole... what has our nation become? HOW COULD WE LET THIS HAPPEN?!

We can be at ease now, fow we are back to wasting money in unprecedented amounts. The America I know and love.

God bless the Onion, for helping us make sense of all of this madness. The light in the darkness, showing us the way. I'm just glad the crisis is being averted.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I seriously almost pissed my pants in my bed near the end.

"I resent that accusation, I do NOT take money from special interests. If I did, I'd throw it right in the hole... because I am a patriot!"

I haven't had a good laugh since the end of January, I really needed this!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WorldUnderCeej

Yes, but if we stop throwing money in the hole ... people will die! Why do you want to stop throwing money in hole?

That's it isn't it? You just want people to die!

If you cared, you'd keep throwing money in that hole.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but if we stop throwing money in the hole ... people will die! Why do you want to stop throwing money in hole?

That's it isn't it? You just want people to die!

If you cared, you'd keep throwing money in that hole.

And also the onion hates children! Everyone knows that we should shut the entire country down because a few kids got some unforeseen symptoms.

Keep the country shut down so we can feed the money hole.

I would love to see the onion do one where they demand to cut down the rain forest and every other forest in order to print more money.

We don't need more trees! We need more money! If we have more money we can buy new trees.

edit on 17-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Everyone knows old trees are just racist and misogynistic anyhow. We need to change the trees because ... change.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

For any who are interested I am digging a new money hole!

It will be situated between the tomatoes and the green beans and I am positive that by fall there will be a new money tree growing from it!

Send me your contributions!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am seeking contributions at GoFundMyMoneyHole.

I am severely handicapped in the formation of money holes by a surfeit of responsibility.

Please throw money in my hole because my severe disability prevents it.
edit on 17-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Please throw money in my hole

Ummm...

Ouch...

I don’t think it’s your spurs that are goin...jingle...jingle...jingle...

YouSir

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Whoa, whoa, whoa! We already have a money hole that works just fine. We just aren't utilizing it to it's full potential. That is ridic- You ALL sound ridiculous!

And hiring ANOTHER mass of gravediggers... we're trying to WASTE money here, not use it! Paying the gravediggers we have already is unbearable. But the EPA said no more nuclear detonations on American soil, so...

Makes me miss the good ol' days when patriots ruled the land! We were wasting SO much money. Paradise lost...

top topics

join