It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantining In A Haunted Abandoned Ghost Town

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Im not into paranormal stuff as much as I was years ago, but this guy is living my dream: living in a ghost town!! You have NO idea how badly Id love to buy one of these places. The spirits could live with me and not annoy me.... or get expelled. That ghost town would be MINE!!

ANyway, this is actually pretty cool and I thought Id share it with you ghost enthusiasts here... he talks about a lot of stuff, but he centers on his ghostly encounters.

ENJOY!!!

This is his channel with lots of fascinating stuff about his town!

Ghost Town Living

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You want to know what it feals like find a old grave yard and sleep the night there .
But really Humans are good at scaring our self lol .

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
You want to know what it feals like find a old grave yard and sleep the night there .
But really Humans are good at scaring our self lol .

I did that

I slept on a tomb, that had a porcelain face on the headstone. It was a full moon, and I could see the porcelain eyes looking down on me

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

i utterly fail to comprehend why a " ghost town " - should have any more " paranormal " activity than any other site

most were quite temporary -

the one cited - looks to be a mining or lumber camp - that would only have been inhabited for a few decades

i currently live in a town - that has over 2000 years of known habitation .

and as for the " scare factor " - i regularly wild camp in remote cemetries // old church grounds - with no problem

i would be more afraid of a 19th century american mine camp - due to venomous snakes than anything else - but thats just one of my paraoias

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You have NO idea how badly Id love to buy one of these places.

It'll only set you back $1.4 million. Not sure how much actual acreage they got (or sq. mi.), but for being able to own your own "City" that doesn't seem too bad. Plus, the ghosts are a bonus!

Biggest problem is...it's in California. So, they could get into all sorts of trouble with the nutcase greenies there. Things like hazmat, etc. Mining towns are bonanza for the environmental cleanup people who love nothing better than to bleed every last stinking penny out of anyone who has even one red cent to their name!! Those ass-hat's have absolutely NO mercy!!

ETA - I hope one of their partners is a very well connected attorney!! Just watch, that channel will start getting a bunch of views and then the Kalifornia Kommies will come calling and you'll see their content change dramatically!
edit on 5/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Regarding ghosts and ghost towns...I LOVE them! I have ever since I was a kid. I've always wanted to create a coffee table book of the all the photographs I have of them. One wall in our master bedroom is a large collection of maps with all the ghost towns in Colorado pinned. I use different colored map pins to keep track of the ones I've been to, the next ones I'm going to, and other ones I am aware of. Have a whole shelf of books about ghost towns of the west. I'm a history nut when it comes to ghost towns (oh, and old west cemetery's too).

And what of ghosts? I've never seen anything too weird, but I have had some things happen like doors slamming, batteries going dead and that kind of stuff. Most of it could be explained by other phenomenon like wind and drafts, ect. One thing I definitely have had happen is some really weird feelings hit me all of a sudden out of the blue. Feelings of not being welcome (at all), laughter, extreme fatigue (suddenly), fear (not like scary fear, but more like total despair kind of fear), anger, etc.

ETA - Most old ghost towns usually have a cemetery somewhere, sometimes shared between a couple of towns. The history you can find in these old long forgotten cemeteries is truly fascinating. One thing which jumps out at you right away is all the children. Other times you'll see things like entire families who died within 2-3 months of each other (probably disease/illness related), or others who all died on the same day (likely fire / avalanche related). And some of the stories the headstones have engraved on them are chilling, while others funny.
edit on 5/17/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Interesting idea, one could ask the same thing if activity near the Skinwalker Ranch has either picked up since the quarantine or not. It is one of the most active places in the world, i would think something of this level would cause a flurry of new activity.

-Aza

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Some sites are more haunted than others, strangely enough.

Several desolate off the path places I've slept at (outside) have had repeated activity while other places showed none over months/years.

Like this one tunnel network I know of, you'll hear voices talking like ppl are there but - no one's there or anywhere near at all!! Its always happening there too at least once every few hours. Other weird stuff too including all forms of wildlife outside the tunnel.

My most recent bizarre event was like 10 days ago I was sleeping in that tunnel in a sleeping bag and I'll zip it up completely so nothing can crawl in.

So I can only *hear what's around me. It's so quiet too so I'll hear the tiniest things, a drop of water 20ft away, a bug scurrying about, etc.

Anyway, I'm laying there in my bag for like 10 min, maybe around 2am, and I heard a few clicks in front of my bag. I sat there, and no sounds, footsteps, etc. So I looked out and around, nothing??

But then I saw in front of me, like 2 ft on the ground was this strange stick. Just a piece of wood, but it was kinda big, maybe a pound or so, but it was covered in all these Gnarls/knots and looked really unique, almost like a perfect "wand" for a witch.

That stick I'd never seen it there and I'm pretty sure it's exactly what I heard click a few times as if it was dropped and bounced and settled. That's exactly what I heard!

Now I'm in this tunnel system ok? There aren't trees in here for this to fall from. If anyone came in there to throw it or drop it I'd hear their footsteps and feel the vibrations.

It's impossible that stick could have made any sounds like that undisturbed, like feet away from my head like this. But it did. And that place spooked me out like 5 or 6 other times already. Voices are common, seem like echos but unsure.

I'm not sure why these tunnels are a hotspot. They are really clean and there's only two sticks in the whole thing, and no trash or organic debris. It's like no one's ever even hung out a day here until I did.

It makes me wonder what it's built on top of. Maybe there was a history at that spot? Is it a graveyard?

The area is a new development since 2000 so it could be built over anything. I'd be very perplexed if it was built over nothing at all. How could there be all this activity with no history? Those were disembodied voices I heard in there. Human speech.

Look I dunno what to make of it and I am just that bewildered by it all. That place is sketchy in the day even, lol.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hey was there a ghost town under the area between Westminster and Broomfield in northern Denver that you know of?

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

hmm - i am intruiged by " this tunnel network "

whats it built for ?

you imply that it new

the history - could be availiable in the local govt planning dept // public records offices

unles its national infrastructure or defence - the record should be public

further - prior land ue will be evident in old map - many repoitorie are now on line - or local library

lastly - urban exploration sites // cave clan ?? - are likley to have visited any underground site in thier range

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I just want a whole town to myself. I can run the bar and drink at the bar.. I can be the sheriff and the criminal.... I can do more than yell GET OFF MY LAWN.. I can say GET OUT OF MY TOWN.. and run em out.

I just want a whole town and a mine to explore.... Im old and Im sick of conventional retirement plans.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
I just want a whole town to myself. I can run the bar and drink at the bar.. I can be the sheriff and the criminal.... I can do more than yell GET OFF MY LAWN.. I can say GET OUT OF MY TOWN.. and run em out.

I just want a whole town and a mine to explore.... Im old and Im sick of conventional retirement plans.

My younger brother suggested for little more than the cost of a plane ticket one might become the despotic tyrannical leader of a third world country.

Besides that, being the owner of a town is fairly small pickings...

edit on 17/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Not that I am aware of, but there is a ghost town under water up in a colorado reservoir!

They flooded that town to make the reservoir.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

remember in 3rd world dictatorship " you is only president - for life "

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Not that I am aware of, but there is a ghost town under water up in a colorado reservoir!

They flooded that town to make the reservoir.

Yep, Montgomery Res. south of Breckenridge, some nice rainbows in there. There’s some cool stuff in that area that I’ve explored. Great trail between Fairplay to Brek and Georgia Pass out of Jefferson is nice.

I lived in the Rocky’s Western slope for 20+ yrs and explored a lot of the ghost towns all over Co, some were rather creepy. The weirdest was up at the top of Red Mt Pass South of Ouray. One of the old decrepit two story houses had a real old Dr/Dentist style exam chair, stirrups included, it looked as evil as could be and straight out of a horror movie as did much of the town. That place gave me an extremely uneasy feeling, was going to pitch tent there for the night but after exploring the town there was no way in hell I was camping out there, tent or no tent, lol.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Found a vid someone made of the creepy town I mentioned above. If you go to 5:20 you can see one of the exam chairs, there was another one in the top floor bedroom but the staircase is so dilapidated that it's not the easiest to get up to. I assume the house was the local Dr's office/hospital. When we started exploring the town it was late in the day, by the time we left it was dark, the creep factor was high and I'm not one to get creeped out all that easy. Cool place none the less.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have been to Cerro Gordo many times and never had any ghost.

Now there are tommyknockers in the mines.

You just have to bribe them with a shot of good booze.

Dae

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You should go back with recording equipment, both video and audio, then entertain us with creepy footage

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Just a minor correction to my previous response...

There are a number of areas around there which used to be small communities on the outskirts of 'the big city' (Denver) back at the turn of the 19th century. Most of these areas have been built around and incorporated into modern communities. I wouldn't call them 'ghost towns' really, as much as 'historical buildings'.

So, I guess the actual answer was 'yes, kind of'.

There are some 'ghost towns' right in the middle of suburban communities in places like Thornton. You'll be driving around through the suburbs and come up on an area where it looks like time just stopped in about 1905.

If you want to see one, just follow the tracks north of 120th a couple miles west of Colorado Blvd. Not sure if it's still there because it's been 20 years or so since I was there, but it was pretty spooky back then. BN (or UP) has recommissioned those tracks for something now, so I don't know if they plowed what I believe was old town Thornton under in the process or not. I know they did a lot of rail bridge work through there. Lots of really old weird stuff along that section of track (both north and south).

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've been in lots of old mines before where you could just swear you could hear someone talking just around the corner and there was no one there.

Matter of fact, I think this has happened in just about every mine I've ever been any distance into. Just the wind I guess, but it sure sounds real!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join