It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quarantining In A Haunted Abandoned Ghost Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Mine tunnels act like a giant ear canal with you as the ear drum.

I have heard sheep walking on rock over 150 over head. the weirdest thing i ever heard.

I have heard the thumps of another mine blasting 2 miles away through the rock.

I was able to tell the crew of the other mine how many loaded holes were in their blast pattern and the time of their blast.

I have even heard navy jets flying nearby over 1000 feet underground.

I started gold mining with my grandfather at age 16 and have worked underground on and off for over 57 years and still go underground metal detecting for high grade gold ore at the age of 69.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Somebody once told me that sound travels faster / better through rock than any other material...or something like that.

Is that true?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

yes and no - sound propegation through solids = faster , thats just a function of density

but homogenous solids " carry " sound best - thats why acoustic insulation = layered

in rock - you have layers faults , joints aquifers etc etc etc - and thats disruptive to propegation of a wave

some geological structures transmit sound very well - others very poorley

some underground spaces - have excelent acoustixs - others very poor it all depends

not that helpful - but neither is real world geology

although - such matters can tell you what the formation of a structure is - think siesmic surfeys - using explosives

new topics

<< 1   >>

join