It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanford prison experiment for the country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Stanford prison experiment (SPE) was a social psychology experiment that attempted to investigate the psychological effects of perceived power, focusing on the struggle between prisoners and prison officers. It was conducted at Stanford University on the days of August 14–20, 1971 by a research group led by psychology professor Philip Zimbardo using college students.[1] In the study, volunteers were assigned to be either "guards" or "prisoners" by the flip of a coin, in a mock prison, with Zimbardo himself serving as the superintendent. Several "prisoners" left mid-experiment, and the whole experiment was abandoned after six days. Early reports on experimental results claimed that students quickly embraced their assigned roles, with some guards enforcing authoritarian measures and ultimately subjecting some prisoners to psychological torture, while many prisoners passively accepted psychological abuse and, by the officers' request, actively harassed other prisoners who tried to stop it. The experiment has been described in many introductory social psychology textbooks,[2] although some have chosen to exclude it because its methodology is sometimes questioned.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Bold is mine.

I think we're seeing the Stanford prison experiment writ large for the entire country.

Governors are in a position of power which, in an opportune moment, they use to abuse.

This is why we're seeing the lock-downs, the shut-downs.

The draconian, insane measures.

We see food stores open where people co-mingle but no one can go to church.

It's a power trip that any Psych 101 student should be able to recognize.

It's all sorts of stuff, but, why pick on the governors implicitly, most of what we need to do with the lockdown comes from a scientific meme, it may or may not be totally rational in the first instance, but only then do you get the trickle down effect, so if it's wrong, it gets more wrong, if it's right, it get's more right, all according to how right or wrong the instruction is in the first place...but that's science for you. Certainly I see contradictions in the science, and how it's played out in the street thus far, mostly because the CoVID-19 virus doesn't give two titties about the science.

So you can't go to a manned car wash, (as in manual) to clean your car, because it's bogging...(dirty as hell on the outside) social distancing valet etc, given as a reason for closure for those places, yet those car washes use 'soap' or rather a chemical detergent, to clean the car on the outside, and what kills COVID-19? yep, soap, and if I use a manned car wash, I never ever ask to clean the inside, I clean that myself.

So all the banned car washes need to do, is modify their service, no valeting interior, two on a car, drivers/passengers remain in the vehicle, engines off.

Thing is, why did scientists not cover all the aspects, or did they, in respect to unrelated things?
I can think of a few, but still, because a manual car wash at this time is a legal business, other issues don't apply as yet.

So yes, I agree there are agenda, but that they will go down the steps of the chains of command, and that each of those may have singular motivations, not related....like below..er?

Circa, 1965,
It's Good News Week
Hedgehoppers Anonymous,

It's good news week
Someone's dropped a bomb somewhere
Contaminating atmosphere
And blackening the sky
It's good news week
Someone's found a way to give
The rotting dead a will to live
Go on and never die
Have you heard the news
What did it say?
Who's won that race?
What's the weather like today?
It's good news week
Families shake the need for gold
By stimulating birth control
We're wanting less to eat
It's good news week
Doctors finding many ways
Of wrapping brains on metal trays
To keep us from the heat
It's good news week
Someone's dropped a bomb somewhere
Contaminating atmosphere
And blackening the sky
It's good news week
Someone's found a way to give
The rotting dead a will to live
Go on and never die
Have you heard the news
What did it say?
Who's won that…

edit on 15-5-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

edit on 15-5-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

<< 1   >>

join