It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, here we go again!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Update - We found him, and got him back (eventually). Long day.

We found him about 4 miles away. I'd rode through this same spot last night and there was no one there, but this morning, shortly after my last post here, I went out and found him with a bunch of 2 year old Red Angus bred heifers with calves. They were glued to him, and he was glued to them. Took us hours to get him cut out of those girls.

Tried to take the stock trailer over there and get him to load, but that was a big no-go. Those girls were so tight with him there was no way we could load him without loading a bunch of them too. Rancher who owns this piece of land was none to happy at me this morning! His place is a lot bigger than ours, and he's running a lot more cattle than we are, so I get it. Spent a lot of time trying to get Jack out of those girls. Rancher came out to see how we were coming after a few hours (probably to see if we gave up more than anything). We hadn't. But, we got him back in our pastures and into a pen. Jack was not a happy bull; he was in Nirvana over there and didn't want to go home.

Anyway, Jack is back home. Thank God!

On a side note, I had asked permission and parked my truck and stock trailer in the pasture Jack was in. After we finally got Jack back I had the wife drive me back over to where my truck was (about 10 miles by road). When I got there I realized I had a blowout on the stock trailer, and it was getting ready to rain. So, I got to change the tire on the stock trailer in the mud.

But...we got Jack back under control, and that's what really counts.

All good now.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Update - We found him, and got him back (eventually). Long day.

We found him about 4 miles away. I'd rode through this same spot last night and there was no one there, but this morning, shortly after my last post here, I went out and found him with a bunch of 2 year old Red Angus bred heifers with calves. They were glued to him, and he was glued to them. Took us hours to get him cut out of those girls.

Tried to take the stock trailer over there and get him to load, but that was a big no-go. Those girls were so tight with him there was no way we could load him without loading a bunch of them too. Rancher who owns this piece of land was none to happy at me this morning! His place is a lot bigger than ours, and he's running a lot more cattle than we are, so I get it. Spent a lot of time trying to get Jack out of those girls. Rancher came out to see how we were coming after a few hours (probably to see if we gave up more than anything). We hadn't. But, we got him back in our pastures and into a pen. Jack was not a happy bull; he was in Nirvana over there and didn't want to go home.

Anyway, Jack is back home. Thank God!

On a side note, I had asked permission and parked my truck and stock trailer in the pasture Jack was in. After we finally got Jack back I had the wife drive me back over to where my truck was (about 10 miles by road). When I got there I realized I had a blowout on the stock trailer, and it was getting ready to rain. So, I got to change the tire on the stock trailer in the mud.

But...we got Jack back under control, and that's what really counts.

All good now.

My sympathies, it never rains but it pours....maybe you shudda named him daisy!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Happiest tire I ever changed in the mud!!!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry, not a very interesting thread, but I wanted to post an update for anyone interested.

That is all.

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Sorry, not a very interesting thread, but I wanted to post an update for anyone interested.

That is all.

Au contraire .. More interesting than much of the clap that bounces around here. Glad you found him.

Sounds like the only thing lacking to make your day complete would be, maybe, an earthquake at Area 51...

posted on May, 15 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Those Heifers were hiding your boy like girls in an all girls Catholic boarding school.

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

They were too! They were all around him glued to him like gorilla glue! I mean seriously, those girls were completely surrounding him and had themselves pushed up against him. Every time we'd try to get him to move, they would move right with him

They were in LUUUUV!

LOL!

posted on May, 17 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for updating us! I’ve had this on my mind when I look at the cows behind me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join