It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of Iron Mike

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah you read that right... Mike Tyson says hes back!

Apparently hes only going to be doing charity events, but... really, do you believe he won't attempt a real come back?

You'd figure at 52, he going to be slow, and out of shape... but then, theres this

Powerful, explosive... still moves like he used to... maybe a bit slower, but just looking at this.... I put him against most of the heavy weights right now...

Forman did it at 45.... came back to win the title...

Can Tyson return to his seat as the oldest champ in history?

Either way, I can't help but be excited to see what comes of this

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
well Hopefully he can do it. But I also hope that Mike Tyson mysteries keeps going. that show is hilarious.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I like mike. I hope at the least he can reinvigorate the sport and inspire young folks.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Can Tyson return to his seat as the oldest champ in history?
a reply to: Akragon

That would be awesome. He holds the title for the youngest champ also.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I wonder what he will bite off next , and from whom....

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Plz dont punch me Mr. Tyson.

edit on 11-5-2020 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

At this point I’d watch anything new for entertainment.

Restaurants and bars just opened up today in AZ. I went to a local sports bar. It was nice to get a pint of IPA on tap and eat someone else’s food.

The problem was, all the bar stools were 6 fu##ing feet apart (as I predicted) and all the TVs were playing golf / baseball games from 30 fu##ing years ago!

Sh!t ain’t the same.....

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Can you imagine if he had trained in mixed martial arts and the UFC was around in his prime?

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

meh... boxers don't make good Ufc fighters... james toney learned that the hard way

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Would be great if Tyson could be the youngest and oldest person to be Heavyweight Champ.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well, everyone who goes up against him should be glad they are made to wear gloves or he probably would have bitten off a few fingers by now.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It would be great to see him back in a few charity matches, but I highly doubt there's anyway he'd make a proper go of it again. He'd have to get issued a boxing license and I don't see that happening. The heavy weight division could use some livening up though. It's just Tyson Fury, Deontay Wilder & AJ at this time. Tell you what though, it would be fun to see him get in the ring and just have a go at the young guys!

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TortoiseKweek

Personally I believe he wouldn't have ANY problem getting a licence... they'd be begging him to get back into the ring just because of the ticket sales... boxing has always been the most corrupt sport in history... the big wigs will jump on something like this.

Tyson has always been a cash cow.... his return would be epic IF we ever get to the point where Arenas are allowed again

F***ing covid…

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I predict the nose off of Tyson Fury...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Thats a testament to tysons raw power!

You never see boxers actually walk away from a match

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I respect the guy as a fighter, I mean who cant right? but do you all forget he went to prison in 92 for rape? Some of you all are saying you like him. C'mon folks..... Do we all forget that easy? and fast? no one does research? Some of you are saying you like a rapist, let that sink in for a second...

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I thought 15 years ago he could do it. Then he got murdered a few times by throw aways.

No chance of anything other than raking in lots of cash (that he will be robbed of). I loved watching him in his prime fighting, and like him in his new ventures, but don’t expect an Iron Mike dominating anything but ticket sales.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I never got the love for Mike Tyson.
So many people believe he was such a great fighter and in truth he never beat anyone all that impressive.
Ali would have ate him alive.

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

that always seems to be the argument... I disagree

he fought a lot of tough fighters, they just didn't have big names... but almost all of them had good records, and most were 1st or 2nd round KO's

Personally I think he would have destroyed Ali in his prime... but that's my opinion

posted on May, 11 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I never got the love for Mike Tyson.
So many people believe he was such a great fighter and in truth he never beat anyone all that impressive.
Ali would have ate him alive.

Not according to what Ali told Foreman

metro.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join