It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the last 42 days, has your opinion changed on the covid-19 pandemic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
My opinion hasn't changed; last march the absolute danger was unknown and what was known made caution the right course of action. Thankfully, despite the fear mongering that occurred, this disease did not turn out to be as deadly as once thought possible.

Our elected leaders, being extremely unqualified to lead in times of crisis, made the situation much worse than it had to be and unfortunately these missteps will be impacting people's lives for a long time to come.

One of their biggest mistakes they made, one they continue to perpetrate to this day, is that they failed to provide the general public with real actionable information. In the absence of real information people have filled in what was missing in many different ways. A large portion of the population gave into the fear mongering and are more scared of the situation then they ought to be; this will make reopening the economy more difficult leading to more loss to life and livelihood. Another group felt as if their rights were in danger and engaging in activities that put theirs and others lives needlessly in danger. While the rest of the people where left to twist in the wind locked alone in their homes not knowing what to expect or do; this has undoubtedly lead to other complications such as mental illness and domestic abuse. I hope when this is all over the people hold our leaders to account for their incompetence.

On a personal note it is nice to see that the people in my area (the tri-state area of NY) are beginning to put the edicts from our elected leaders into their proper context. The last three weekends have been beautiful here (dispite this week end being cold with snow flurries). People are out visiting and enjoying the weather in greater numbers as the weeks pass. Its nice to see after so much turmoil.

Three weeks ago I was wondering what the extra mobility would do to the "curve" and its good to see that the number of hospitalizations and deaths continue to fall. If it does not spike up again this next week the local governments will have no choice but to move life forward.

ETA:

My wife just showed me a picture of the total paper ill at the local grocery: Its back to pre pandemic leaves.

edit on 10-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My original opinion was:

1. This it likely just another seasonal virus like we get every year or so.

2. When they started saying it was going to kill everyone on the planet, my spidey senses told me they were outright lying.

3. I said to everyone who would listen, the odds of this being a planet-wide humanity killing virus are nil. It's never happened before, likely to never happen, because that's not how viruses work.

4. I also said let's wait for some data to come in before we panic, it'll probably turn out to be no more harmful than the seasonal flu.

No, my opinion hasn't changed, and it turned out I was right on all four counts.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

The currency flooding by just printing money is a new response to an old cyclical pattern.
I had originally thought they might just narrow the bell curve for unemployment by front running shutdowns.
With an aging demographic a pandemic scenario is good training and the response did save lives.

Future is uncertain, now that awareness has been raised they might expect us to start thinking about retirement communities that were semi quarantined so that we don't have to shut down the rest of the country.
We could also start thinking about what we are going to do with all the government debt the bail out has added.
You don't want to be the first major economic power in the world to default.
The only thing that changed in my thinking is the timing, DJT noticed the timing is behind schedule (from his perspective)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yes, my mind has changed.

I secretly suspected that I was part of the tiny, righteous minority that had guessed the dark truth.

But it turns out that people are even dumber/more evil than I thought. So yes, I mis-underestimated the American people.

But it also turned out that every right-thinking person agrees with me. The government is evil and the people are sheep; or else the government are tribal sheep and the people are evil---pick your own bias and use accordingly. Rinse and repeat.

I know that there are people who suffer because of the 'truths' I need to believe. But their rights don't really count.

Please repost this so this thread runs for 17 pages.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Yes, my mind was changed.

I thought we were trying to mitigate and treat the disease. The "slow the spread" was just a delay tactic because our healthcare and government were totally unprepared and had no equipment.

Then they come out and say:

"masks don't help you" and we need them all for healthcare workers.

"You can get it if you touch your face and it ends up in your mouth but you can't get it from eating contaminated lettuce McDonalds.

"hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin" work if given early with a 91% success rate but we don't want to use it in the USA because it is cheap and we need a $1,000 a pill remdesivir solution. Also Trump recommended it so we sure as hell can't let him be right at any cost.

We need to keep social distancing but we are going to crowd you into offices and grocery stores.

This whole pandemic has been handled by retards at all levels.

This has been mismanaged at every level due to politics and misinformation.

edit on 10-5-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I, too, shall ask the same question that I asked last time. What has changed that should make me change my mind?

Has Nancy Pelosi come back from her Hawaiian vacation yet?

Is Wolf Blitzer still on the air every night without a mask? Shouldn't he be home social distancing or self quarantining or something? He and the rest of the talking heads aren't really needed. The MSM can just show the teleprompter instead. Same information. If anyone can be laid off during this pandemic without affecting the economy, it's people reading teleprompters.

And why aren't cops social distancing and staying at home? We're talking about people who will gun down an unarmed 80 year old man because they are "in fear for their lives." If anyone should be cowering under their bedsheets in fear from a virus they can't kill, it's cops.

And why isn't Wall Street shut down? Every day we hear about changes in the stock market. Why are those people still going to work?

And why in the heck am I still seeing television ads for toilet paper I can't buy? Don't spend millions to advertise toilet paper on TV, just put some Charmin UltraSoft on the shelves, dammit!

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My opinion hasn't changed....

Origin;

Still believe it is probably connected to the Wuhan research facility. I stated that the reaction by Chinese and Western governments lead me to believe it isn't a naturally occurring virus. So they knew it was some type of weaponized flu, but unsure of it's effectiveness and ability to spread which is why everyone freaked out. I also believe the US is connected in some way that isn't being disclosed. There are far too many coincidence.

Politics;

I do believe the left is using this event as a way to hurt Trump. I believe the Governors are keeping things locked down as much as possible to keep the economy damaged for politically reasons. There is no way in light of the data that has come out that they can justify their current actions - Michigan, CA, IL, New York, etc.

Mass Hysteria;

I still believe we've created a mass hysteria that will be looked back on with disbelief once all the politics has been put aside in several years. The data simply does not support the actions that have taken place.

Covid 19;

I do believe this flu virus is a bit more deadlier than regular flu. However, it appears to really only affect the weakest of the weak. Regular flu doesn't kill half a nursing home population. With that said, I don't think the average person has much to fear. The best course of action would have been to quarantine nursing homes and people who are most at risk.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

We live in a land of half right...

everyone is either half there or half over there...

So depending on where you are, you're 50% apart of your nation...

That's not a good thing, the basic psychology aspect of belonging to a group, is going to be what undoes us as a society
Certainly as a USofA...

This forum has changed over the years, just like our country has, it's not good. It's likely the very thing, that will end what we all cherished in the 1st place.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Short answer, no-long answer, nope.

The fact that china still hasn't been held accountable for their crimes, the evidence mounting against them, they can't lie straight in bed. I went to a chinese noodle shop and they used dirty dishwater in my food! i recorded it and the cook desperately tried to block my taping of the act but he forgot i can skip reasonably well. I shimmied to the right then the left, all the time he was trying to block my footage.

Eventually he gave up, which is what China now faces because the free world is now against them.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The covid 19 pandemic will recede form memory soon but the economic disaster will last a decade.
Shutting down a countries economy, then printing 2 trillion bailout money to save it was a disaster from the very beginning. trump knew this but did it anyway.

Follow the money, who really profited from the chinaflu panic. One thing is for sure, it wasn't the American taxpayer!!!

www.jacobinmag.com...

edit on 10-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
a reply to: TheLead
In my area, the number of cases reported has declined to 0 as of yesterday.

People took the shelter in place guidelines seriously. People are wearing masks when they are outside.

Correlation does not equal causation.

What if the number of cases would have still dropped to zero without the draconian, unconstitutional lock-downs and shut down of the economy?

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
What Pandemic?

All I have experienced is the disappearance of cash use, the control and manipulation of people and the rise in ignorance of the masses under a lockdown designed to divide and conquer.

The dependance on mobile phones and internet and social distancing has also increased which has made communication inhuman.

I have no experience of anyone ill from a virus, although a good friend did hang herself because of oppression and depression.

This world now sucks and I will destroy those who did this to the best of my ability.

well said. your concerns are shared by ever - increasing numbers.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Excellent Thread topic OP...thank you.

Yes my opinion has changed on the Covid issue.

I used to push back against conventional medical doctrines and propaganda with about 50% energy...now I push back with 100% energy.

Here are some of the ways my opinions have changed.

I used to think I could catch a virus...Covid has taught me that viruses are a complete lie.

I thought Covid was a virus we caught from the air .....Covid has taught me that pleomorphic bacteria that travel in droplets that dry up and drop them like little bug-bombs all over to reinfect more people are the causality of Covid and its impacts.

I used to think that all doctors and medical researchers worked together for the good of the People....that they had to for some reason....Covid has taught me that even though all conventional traditional diagnostic evidence points directly and immediately to a pleomorphic bacterial catalyst ALL MSM propagated Medical data does not follow this unavoidable concrete path....they are ALL following the virus lie.....and there is no consensus medical perspective.....when we all know that if things were right there could not possibly be conflicting Sides of the Medical perspective.

I used to think that there was a specific % of the people that would always rise to the top of dogma and propoganda and brainwashing and that no matter what forum there would always be these people.....Covid has taught me that the brainwashing of the masses runs DEEEEEEEP......right to the level of ATS and other online data exchange sites where people share perspectives...….because.....once you google search a Pleomorphic Bacteria and then insert it into this Covid equation everything falls immediately and perfectly into place IF YOU CONSIDER THE VIRUS LIE....sooooo...when a post about this is made and there are no people who search pleomorphic bacteria and trigger the KEYSTONE to move....well I learned that this means the deceptions runs to deep...so deep that cognisant dissonance is immediate.

Covid has changed a lot of my opinions.

But most of all my opinion that Humanity had no hope has been forever changed…..we have HOPE.Global Humanity has displayed with a 100% certainty that it can come together and coalesce into a single one-minded group given the opportunity......we have been reminded that WE ARE ONE....all for one and One4all.

Covid has reminded me that I love the whole world and do not want to see it go away and that I am willing to fight for that even as only a Word Warrior ...and that the world loves me back and is full of good People who are willing to fight for me so I remain a part of our Global equation as well.

Yes my opinion on Covid has changed from one of growing fear to one of GROWING HOPE.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
What Pandemic?

All I have experienced is the disappearance of cash use, the control and manipulation of people and the rise in ignorance of the masses under a lockdown designed to divide and conquer.

The dependance on mobile phones and internet and social distancing has also increased which has made communication inhuman.

I have no experience of anyone ill from a virus, although a good friend did hang herself because of oppression and depression.

This world now sucks and I will destroy those who did this to the best of my ability.

I'm with Nerbot here, I have family in 5 states and not 1 of them knows anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who has had this virus we hear so much about.. I think we have all been played but I don't know why....

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Forty two days ago, I would say that I was viewing the corona virus cautiously. I am in the age demographic that does not do well if hospitalized.

Since then, we are up to 80,000 deaths. That is pretty scary. The federal response to this has been underwhelming at best. Trump's press conferences were abysmal. When he wasn't patting himself on the back, he was spreading misinformation. At a time when a president should be rallying the whole country to work together to end this virus, he seemed to be trying to further divide the country. His liberate posts are an example of this. His descriptions of the protestors as fine people seem to undermine the states trying to stop the spread of the virus.

Now, he is all about opening the country and how the corona virus will magically disappear. His understanding of science seems to be at the grammar school level. I think in his desire to open the country he is willing to sacrifice many people.

I think that his reopening efforts will have mixed results. In areas that have low incidence of the virus, businesses can open and will not result in a spread. In areas that have a significant case load, I think that opening the country will result in more people infected, more people hospitalized, and more people sadly dying.

My view of the virus remains cautious. I try to support local businesses that offer curb side pickup. I do wear a mask in public. I won't be going out to restaurants and or other areas that concentrate people in small areas. However, I am fortunate in where I live, low incidence of the virus and in a rural area.

I don't think that this will end soon. I do think that there will be a second wave of the virus later on this year. I hope that governors who see an uptick in the number of cases in areas of their state have the good sense to reinstate quarantine policies for those areas that are affected.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The minute Congress attempted to and held up stimulus bill for vote harvesting told me all I needed to know - it's all about November and not a care who dies at their alter in order regain power.

Truth will come out widely and then........

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

It's a stark contrast between those who ask How do WE get through this ?and those who ask How can I use this to my benefit?

Interesting distinction.

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
The minute Congress attempted to and held up stimulus bill for vote harvesting told me all I needed to know - it's all about November and not a care who dies at their alter in order regain power.

Truth will come out widely and then........

I would have to agree; despite all the conflicting information, the almost constant politicizing and partisanship gave me comfort that this pandemic was not as bad as the fear mongers made it out to be. When Nancy and Donald put their feelings aside and start to work together is when ill start to panic.
edit on 10-5-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You most assuredly DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT regarding HQ.

Nice complete rubbish you typed

posted on May, 10 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There's more suicides than covid deaths...

*something to take note of: theoretical physicists like Degrasse Tyson, Kaku among many others are often times asked what would be an apocalyptic scenario in the near future that could potentially become an ELE, a legitimate threat to mankind? One of the top 5 answers is... a "super bug" due to using antibiotics. Just as man's immune system adapts, mutates, fortifies itself... so does viruses and our pharmaceutical discoveries or inventions to fight off these "super bugs" are coming to a stop and are obsolete. Theyve already been making antibiotics void of any medical benefits at a faster rate than scientists, chemist, microbiologists develop cures.

Covid-19 might be one of these...

The following question to the inquiry is... well what can we do to stop it?

The intriguing answer is ...Advanced A.I. that learns at break neck speed...

So its plausible that it developed into something we have no defense for.

This also gives a motive and opportunity for a power hungry corrupt figure to gain higher ground by fixing problems deemed impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join