It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am dying....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I thought theater died a long time ago. I know live entertainment in Michigan suffered greatly when the no smoking law came in. The local gigs became sparse, good bands broke up, the scene totally changed. Many local bands were making it, getting air play, getting signed, but then the public smoking ban screwed live music in my area.

This situation is far worse, and I tried to warn my closest relatives what was coming, but my professional musician brother just made jokes. He's been pretty angry and lasing out politically now that he is totally dead in the water musically.

I just started picking on Oscar Schmidt after years and will likely work on the old set list soon with the five string bass. I'll even do some recording me thinks. Art for art's sake, although it's a shame there is no real live audience to enjoy it.

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I agree...
//Signed// person caring for terminally il family member.

My cat is in his last hours now.

Sorry to hear

My cat seemed to be in real trouble over the weekend, he is old, it was devestating to think I might have to take him in to be put down, and not be there. I would be ok if he passed at home. Good news is, he has bounced back somewhat.

Hope your buddy pulls through.

To the topic..ya, it sucks, 2 concerts cancelled, they say re-scheduled, but I'm thinking that is a pipe dream at the moment.
edit on 5-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
But in the meantime you can eat the skins on your drums...if no drums it sucks to be you.a reply to: network dude

posted on May, 5 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
When it is all back and going again...how long before a lowball gig, for the exposure, will be thrown out there?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Soon i hope, I just found out today I can finally start my new business at the end of this month, only for take away but hey it's something ..

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy
I keep wondering if the Jews wondered when it would end

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

It is inevitable. Everyone dies. This life is very temporary.

I have reason to believe, however, that we have an eternal destiny. That there is a bright hope that overcomes the physical.

Not me. We're glorified, super evolved primates. We're no different than Neanderthal, Denisovan, and Cro-Magnon. Intelligent species that evolved from apes who believe we live after death so that death isn't so profoundly horrible.

If it were scientifically proven without a shadow of a doubt that we don't have souls or spirits, could you imagine the level of depression and depravity in man? When did humans and proto-humans "evolve" souls? When God created us? But what about evolution? Was it 50,000yrs ago, 200,000, a million?

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

originally posted by: chr0naut

It is inevitable. Everyone dies. This life is very temporary.

I have reason to believe, however, that we have an eternal destiny. That there is a bright hope that overcomes the physical.

Not me. We're glorified, super evolved primates. We're no different than Neanderthal, Denisovan, and Cro-Magnon. Intelligent species that evolved from apes who believe we live after death so that death isn't so profoundly horrible.

If it were scientifically proven without a shadow of a doubt that we don't have souls or spirits, could you imagine the level of depression and depravity in man? When did humans and proto-humans "evolve" souls? When God created us? But what about evolution? Was it 50,000yrs ago, 200,000, a million?

Our soul is like our software imprint. It is the sum of our program, our operating system, our accumulated learning and experience. The soul is the engram of who we think we are.

Our spirit is the part of us that extends beyond the physical body, it is indestructible, physically. It is evidenced in the synchronicities of scientific breakthroughs that have occurred around the world in different and disconnected people but somehow all at the same time. Mystics, near death experiencers and astral travelers all have strands of evidence of the spirit.

Our physical body is hard coded into time and space. Though it changes form over time, it always exists in timeless space. If we were to go back in time (and time itself is a physical property) there our body would be, located where it was, in the state where it was. We are frozen into the structure of the universe at a deep level. For God to reach back and recreate us as we were is trivial. But God would not choose to create as we were. He would choose to make us something more. That is the reason for the mechanism of evolution. We are part of a progression from atoms and molecules towards advanced spiritual beings, linked together more deeply and fundamentally than the physical bonds of our atoms.

Our evolution is part of nature, but when we became intellectual, it meant that there is a possibility for more than this cycle of atomic components. We are now the masters of our future developments and natural evolution came under our control. This is part of the process that goes beyond just our species. As each species achieves spiritual sentience, it then has the responsibility to uplift the younger ones and at the same time its development does not stop but moves towards ever higher goals. God's plan is for a continuum of consciousness, vast and infinite beyond our present comprehension.

You suggested we are at the pinnacle of evolution but we are just at the start of of a much greater eternity.

God has revealed that we will partner with Him in a place of love. A marriage of human and divine. The bride of Christ. We won't be God but we will increasingly become like. We are still in process of being created in His image. In the beginning, God began creating the heavens and the earth. Science shows us that things have process and we are immersed in those processes.

edit on 6/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Time is money. Indy world just gave the finger to Gov. Michelle. Back on location to salvage a show already a million in the hole.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join