It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You Should Wear Face Masks - Explained

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: infolurker

Face Masks Will not Protect you from Someone Infected with Covid-19 , but it Will Protect them Spreading it to You ..........

Ummm...so your saying that my 3M N-95 on my cleanly shaved face will simply not protect me from breathing in particulates 3 microns or larger...?

Wow...

Guess my protective mask I wore in the military was just as defective...and only protected the infected from me...

Not to mention the positive 3 layers pressure suit with the cute little battery op fan...that I used to wear as a first responder...

That certainly must have had the same defect as those other ones...yessir...

What your stating is garbage...

When I go out...I wear a 3M N-95 mask...glasses...a hat and full length sleeves and armed with a spray bottle of 198 proof ever-clear moonshine with aloe...

I spritz my hands before I leave the vehicle...wipe the shopping cart handle with antiseptic wipes...then spritz my hands again when I re-enter the vehicle...I also spray the interior of the vehicle after each trip with my ever-clear and aloe...not to mention that it tastes great...doesn’t hurt at all to spray a touch on the ole taste buds...nosir...burns a tad...but doesn’t hurt...

Then the clothes go into the wash when I get home...and I get to shower again...

Someone gave you some hinky info...

Oh...I forgot to mention that I also spray my mixture on the mask to disinfect...then hang them in a window so the sun can do the rest...plus I always rotate them...while the others off gas and the alcohol evaporates...

After a few iterations...I hand wash my masks in a gentle antiseptic and always rinse and wash from the inside out...in order to back flush any particulates...

That’s how I’m rolling...

I mean...barring a positive pressure air lock with antiseptic spray at the front door...I think I’ve about got it covered...

Pain in the ass...I do admit...but once you get used to it...it’s really not such a bad protocol...

YouSir
edit on 1-5-2020 by YouSir because: Wow does this spell check...suck

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: ketsuko
You know what?

I never, ever touch my face more than when I wear that effing face mask. It irritates my nose and eyes.

As soon as I put the so-called gloves on, I'm itching just about everywhere...it's psychosomatic, and I know it, but nevertheless I still fall for it!

However our faces have all sorts of microbial monsters sat on them anyway, bonking away, doing their thing....it kInda makes you wonder if this is just a casual tool used by governments when it suits in the current situation. I notice in No 10 press briefings, those usually three, stand like fecking statues..except for Boris, now he is back, funny thing is, they ain't wearing masks, gloves, whatever, while Downing street, 10/11 have vermin pissing about.

Ummm...maybe your allergic to the glove material and or the powder on the inside...I use the blue nitrile rather than latex...

YouSir

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I went to the grocery store today. I wore a mask no real issue. I didn't feel like my rights were being violated. I see it the same as having common courtesy.

There were several people in the store who didn't wear a mask. So be it I didn't say anything I simply kept my distance from them. There was one jackass though. No mask and was walking up the wrong way on the isle. They have them marked where I am at. Again common courtesy IMO. Still didn't say anything, but on the next aisle he came up the wrong way again then left his cart in the middle of the aisle while he browsed for something right in front of me. I still didn't say anything, but a little evil thought popped into my mind. So I started coughing.

Amazingly, with wide eyes, he suddenly realized he was going the wrong way and decided it was time to be on his way back the way he came with purpose in his step. I thought it was funny.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can now legally get away with wearing a mask in public to hide my identity. Eh.

Doesn't even need to be a proper medical mask, as apparently bandannas are considered appropriate wear.

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

So what happens when you're both wearing a mask that equates to freeballing in fish net stockings, like most people will be?

Also, stands to reason they knew this or should have when they made the recommendation not to wear masks. If the safest thing for you to do changes based on their needs you might want to question the person making the demands.
edit on 5/1/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Below is the best example that I have found that even my 5 year old grandson can understand.

Is there not another way you can save our poor, poor deluded souls from eternal suffering, death and damnation aside from using two naked guys urinating over each other in some kinky watersport ritual?

We're really in the Twilight Zone now. I'm outta here...

edit on 1-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Ah Yeah , Good Luck with that ...........

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: LordAhriman
How long ya'll gonna quarantine for?

I think the anti-liberty crowd want to lock up everyone in the nation/world in their homes and throw away the keys until mass starvation sets in and they die in their homes safe and sound from the COVID virus.

At least that is how the anti-life liberty and pursuit of happiness crowd sound to me.
No life in lockdown, it is a miserable, soul sucking, existance of helplessness and worthlessness, which is supposed to pass for life because one is actually breathing.
No liberty in lockdown
No pursuit of happiness in lockdown out side the 4 walls of ones prison, oops home

I actually had a anti-liberty advocate say that until there is a vaccine (2+ years from now) - in the states that returned a small amount of liberty to their people - she knows they will all be Republicans running out without masks or protection. She said that is the only good thing about ending lockdown that she is happy Republicans who voted for Trump will die, making Biden President. Sick huh? Cheering for 60+ million people to die (the number who voted for Trump) as the only good thing about ending lockdown, because lockdown saves lives, while hoping millions die who disagree with her politically.

edit on 5/2/20 by The2Billies because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
We should just wear the dead president masks from Point Break and see how people like it, or maybe kkk masks

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

A lot of virus particles fall to the ground. Your biggest way to spread is by your footwear. Thast why at work we have the tray with the solution in it that we must stand on. Shallow tray with a pad in the bottom and a solution in the bottom. You do it at farms too with biosecurity protocol.. here are some links if you want to go all the way in decontamination.

www.farmbiosecurity.com.au...

www.nps.gov...

Here is a 16 or 17 page list of the disinfectants used with Sars cov 2...

www.epa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

There's no reason to worry about spreading the common cold to the extent you'd wear a mask. It's an overreaction.

Since there are 200+ cold causing viruses out there I guess that means we will wear masks forever more... RIGHT???

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Is there not another way you can save our poor, poor deluded souls from eternal suffering, death and damnation aside from using two naked guys urinating over each other in some kinky watersport ritual?

R Kelly has entered the chat.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL.

I kinda want a Tesla though. I like them. Even after the rock tossing incident which was hilarious.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
But you know what's really funny?

People wearing masks in their own cars, when there's nobody else in the car with them...

OMG I see that way too often. Its 87 degrees F and they have 2 facemasks on, driving up the street.
Or while walking their dog with no other human in sight. i get it. They watch tv and they watch the news and they hear "wear your facemask", "facemask", "order a facemask" and they see news reporters and talk show hosts home alone wearing masks. It wouldnt surprise me if some of the really "good", top-notch sheeple... uh, I mean people, actually slept in those damn things. Hell, lets just wear 'em 24/7. After all, you can never be too safe. But, whatevs. I guess It just goes to show how the power of the MSM can override a persons common sense.
edit on 5/2/2020 by Firewater because: umm

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Face Masks Will not Protect you from Someone Infected with Covid-19 , but it Will Protect them Spreading it to You ..........

Ummm...so your saying that my 3M N-95 on my cleanly shaved face will simply not protect me from breathing in particulates 3 microns or larger...?

Wow...

Guess my protective mask I wore in the military was just as defective...and only protected the infected from me...

[...]

So, do YOU(sir)... wear your mask whilst driving by yourself?
edit on 5/2/2020 by Firewater because: mispell

edit on Sat May 2 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

edit on 5/2/2020 by Firewater because: ugg

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

There's no reason to worry about spreading the common cold to the extent you'd wear a mask. It's an overreaction.

Since there are 200+ cold causing viruses out there I guess that means we will wear masks forever more... RIGHT???

Yea cause covid 19 is a common cold.. I guess most of the world's medical professionals are all being paid millions to fool the public into believing it's just a cold....

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Firewater

LOL.

Sometimes when I'm driving and I let the window down a little and I breath in all of that free flowing wind, it does feel a little dangerous. Living on the edge.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
komonews.com...

A face mask will NOT HELP YOU.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
komonews.com...

A face mask will NOT HELP YOU.

C'mon, it is RIGHT THERE in your link. If people are wearing masks, it inhibits the spread, especially if you are asymptomatic. How are people not understanding that?

You wear a mask to prevent YOU from spreading it, even when you don't know you have it.

The run on surgical masks is creating a problem for hospitals. They need them to put on people who have respiratory infections.

“The purpose of these masks is to put on somebody who's sick because the mask is going to help prevent that person from spreading organisms to other people,” Dr. Swartzberg told me.

posted on May, 2 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL.

I kinda want a Tesla though. I like them. Even after the rock tossing incident which was hilarious.

They've definitely been brazen in being an all electric company, while also changing the status quo of what to expect out of a car.

And I was half joking about people maybe getting some for the bio defense mode, but it's a cool concept that isn't all that crazy to pull off. They scrub the cabin air with a HEPA filter and provide positive cabin pressure to ensure it's only scrubbed air inside.

Tesla (and electric cars in general) aren't quite there yet for me, especially at the price point for the car, and the electricity itself not being that efficient. But I wouldn't be surprised if in ten years or so there's some serious consideration to electric when I'm looking for a new car once the fields are more equalized.
edit on 2-5-2020 by CriticalStinker because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join