It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet of the Humans - Amazing new doco from Michael Moore

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Serdgiam:

I would, however, agree with the general premise of it according to totally inefficient use of resources, on a per capita basis or more generally. Notably, a problem that will persist and grow regardless of population numbers, potentiated by the drive to constantly grow profits of even the largest corporations.

To be honest, Serdgiam, profits seem to have taken quite a dive in recent months around the world, even for big corporations. You know for a fact, it is not business as usual, but I am sure someone somewhere is making some money from all this deliberate misery. None of this is accidental, you can tell by the way the reaction and response globally has been actioned. None of it makes actual sense, unless you agree it was deliberate. With all the wit and intelligence apparently available to governments as resources they can only provide lockdowns that crash the world economies as the means to combat a virus.

The current British government doesn't know its arse from its elbow and has shown such slapstick ineffectiveness that one can easily state with confidence that their advice is worse and more damaging than the virus itself. Still, they turn up on our screens everyday trying to give an air of authority and confidence, when in fact they look and sound like buffoons of the highest order. All advice was based upon 'what if...' scenarios. No actual fact was used in the making of this global train wreck, and when it was offered by dissenting expert voices, they were silenced or ridiculed. To paraphrase a Shakespearean cliche, 'something was rotten in Denmark' right from the off.

There is nothing in this world, no level of whatever spectrum of life that exists that is not manipulated in some way. Nothing is left to chance, nothing is left to its own unfettered device. All is controlled to funnel and divert money into the hands of the corporations (the biggest tax dodgers) and governments. When the Covid crisis settles down, just watch them hit the workers with extra taxes to pay for the crisis, it will be crisis austerity for years, social distancing for years, and high unemployment.

This level of chaos really feels haphazard, ad hoc even, like it is something to do for the purpose of doing something, anything.

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Oh yes.. If we examine things solely in the context of the current situation, things are a bit different. Id be very curious to see certain corporations inside profit reports though. The general paradigm of profit growth, however, I do not expect to change. Its a bit like a high score in a video game, and many powerful people/organizations are addicted to it.

Ive been expecting something like this for quite a few years though.

I saw the rise of technologies that could severely disrupt centralized societal and economic structures, even participated in their creation.

I suspect certain social movements were suborned to prevent this, the ones most likely to precipitate the change. But it wasnt working quite as successfully as "they" hoped.

To maintain centuries old power structures (first emerging around the Neolithic Revolution, imo), it required.. drastic measures. Im not sure that the SARS-CoV-2 was, itself, intentionally released.. but it serves the purpose all the same. I suspect there were tons of Plans, one of which was just to piggyback on the emergence of a novel virus of any severity.

They need to prevent a meaningful percentage of the population from ever realizing what we can really achieve through technology available here and now. Either through misdirection to corporate centralized players, political distractions, ignorance, or just encouraging outright resistance to change (by making sure the "change" that is proposed looks awful at the core).

Global Corporate Technofascism, basically, and they can now pretty easily build the true foundation for it under the general milieu.

I think full blown decentralization is the only "real" way to fight it. Everything from protests to outright conflict will just play into their hands. Tragedy is that a civilization based on actual decentralization would benefit "Them" more than what they want to build, as well as everyone else.

At this point, I expect their next moves to be to shape the narrative on what "decentralized" means. Probably demonize it, if they cant usurp the narrative. Their social manipulation machine is staggeringly effective, however, it is so effective that I suspect they have become subjects to its whims as well.
edit on 30-4-2020 by Serdgiam because: Might as well link it

posted on Apr, 30 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Fact of the matter is, the film highlighted the real primary problem facing our species, and that is, there are just too damn many of us alive on the planet all wanting an equal level of developed-nation lifestyle. Earth does not have the resources for our species to achieve this kind of sustainability. To do so would require the extractable resources of three earths, and seeing as there is only one earth we can use, and that we don't live in a solar system that can provide the level of resources for our needs. I think we can reasonably agree that our options are limited, and for the good of our species (even if in individual terms each of us actually care about the longevity of our species?) the most simplistic solution that answers the problems the fastest is a global human cull. The issue is, who is going to acknowledge it, let alone accept it?

I see it, because I have always been a realist, and it is very uncomfortable being one. I know that I am not alone in this. I believe many of you 'see it'. Many of you equally look at things just as objectively and dispassionately as I do, knowing that what one looks at is utterly horrifying and ultimately, inescapable. The simple understanding is, living a developed and technological nation lifestyle can only be sustainable when the population is small. When that small population cannot consume resources faster than the earth can provide. If you reduce the earth's human population, by corollary you reduce the problems. It's not rocket science, it is basic intuition of what creates and feeds the problems. You can be dammed sure that this understanding has been 'think tanked' for decades by so-called experts of analysis and futurologists. They will have looked for the most benign way to bring about a cull of the required proportions, but even so, it will have considerable physical and psychological consequences.

Clearly, they cannot cull billions of people in the same instance or even over a short period of time. The logistics of the cull itself and the clean up of the bodies would be immense. I am certainly of the opinion that it will be brought about during a time when free societies have been shut down to a particular level and governments and corporations have become ever more draconian and tyrannical, as they will need to gain as great a control of people's free movement as much as they can.

They will have think tanked who they are going to allow to live, the type of people and experts of industries they will need, doctors, scientists, engineers, etc, and of course many others who will be needed. The cull will be slow, and proceed over decades, and it will be hidden within natural disasters and human catastrophes. It will become perceivable, because you won't be able to hide the fact that the death rate has overtaken the birth rate by many magnitudes.

Of course, many will simply be unable to integrate the scenario into their personality, their mind just won't be able to process it. They will be like many Jews in Europe during the 1930s and 40s, who refused to accept the stories circulating about how the Nazis were treating them, and how their culture had been earmarked for mass industrial extermination. They will refuse even right up to the point of their death.

Fact is, when the rationale is fuelled by a belief so desperate and strong as the survival of our species, those with the power will do anything to ensure it. We must never fool ourselves into believing that it would never happen, or that it will never be thought about as an option.

We are certainly not going to migrate to another planet, just not feasible or economically practicable.

Hang about, that all sounds all so familiar a concept..........Oh yeah, present day life is the infancy of such a scenario you write of. Maybe people will start putting 2 & 2 together of why so much stuff going on- this 'event' but also many, many more before it at least back to WW1- just don't add up. I tell you what though if there were any alien lifes keeping eye on us waiting to show up & help/rescue/migrate us when shtf here , I'd say we've blown it with this latest fiasco. Imagine higher beings looking at us right now in amazement that we as a race somehow can't even grasp the basic concept of counting/recording deaths amongst us. I mean really ? This day & age & tptb make a right balls up of that even. For that reason alone I won't put my hand up & take one for the good of future humanity when some as$ hat is a walking erection from greed of more $'s & he get's to stay. Nah, not having it ! Call me selfish, I care none.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The Youtube link is down but it's here.

Took me a while to get to this but thanks for that depressing film. Seems like we are pretty much fracked. I had wondered about much of this after learning about solar power a few years ago and finding it's mostly worthless. So I'm not actually surprised by this but the magnitude of awfulness of the situation is quite sad.

Maybe someday there will be an answer that works and isn't just some huge scam but I don't see that day coming anytime soon. A least not after seeing this movie.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
The answer: Reduce population...... that's what I saw.
I believe the answer is being addressed.
edit on 28-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It's funny YouTube pulled it. Moore must have said things they didn't like.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They said it was only going to be free for a week or so.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
Seems like we are pretty much fracked.

Not if Trump does what I hope he will do, and fund the final R&D needed to get fully functional modular LFTRs in production... this would solve our energy problems once and for all. Clean, safe, unlimited nuclear energy, hopefully even small ones that could be used to power individual buildings and/or homes (or at least subdivisions), and eliminate the bulk of the transmission wires need now.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

What's a fully functional modular LFTR?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Looks like Moore had nothing to do with the film. He pirated it.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No, go to the link I posted above. It's the site for the movie and it clearly states MM is the Exec Prod.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Looks like Moore had nothing to do with the film. He pirated it.

Go to google.....input 'Planet of the Humans'....
Jeff Gibbs - Director.
Michael Moore - Producer.
Michael Moore - Executive Producer.
edit on 6-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks. Then it must mean he does not own it.

posted on Jun, 7 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Did you want to watch 'Planet of the Humans'?
Here it is:

And here (below) is an interview with Michael Moore speaking about why his movie was removed from his youtube channel.

Watch "Michael Moore on Planet of the Humans and Censorship".

edit on 7-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
a reply to: tanstaafl

What's a fully functional modular LFTR?

Google is your friend, but I'll help you out a little...

LFTR = Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactor. It is an extremely safe (impossible to 'melt-down') nuclear reactor that runs on thorium - one of the most abundant elements in the earth, is found literally everywhere (it is a byproduct of pretty much every single mine in existence), and there is enough to provide power to everyone on the planet for hundreds of thousands, maybe even millions of years.

They could slowly (it may take a little time) use up our existing stockpiles of nuclear waste (they need a little bit to start each time you start them up), and afterwards, we'd just need to mine a little.

By modular, I mean, they could be made small - companies could buy them to power their 5 - or 50 - story buildings, or contractors could buy them to power entire subdivisions...

I want one for my house...

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well, pretty much what the world has come to expect from Moore.

Forbes Article

criticized widely by environmental scientists as misleading, inaccurate and outdated.

He jumped the shark to such a high degree, he's managed to turn the environmental community against him.

Nobody deserves it more than Moore.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Did you watch it? I have no love for the man but of course they would turn on him when they've been exposed.

From your link:

Gibbs:

“It is a misuse of copyright law to shut down a film that has opened a serious conversation about how parts of the environmental movement have gotten into bed with Wall Street and so-called ‘green capitalists’,” he wrote. “This is just another attempt by the film’s opponents to subvert the right to free speech.”

The guy that filed the BS copyright claim said he did it because "“I don’t agree with [the documentary’s] message"

I'm not saying the whole thing was accurate and true but it sure as hell exposed a lot of irrefutable cronyism in the whole green energy scene.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
What did you personally think of the film?
Or did you not watch it because of what you heard about it?

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Honestly, he's got such a loose relationship with the truth, it's hard to fathom anyone putting any stock in his work.

Moore is who he needs to be to put dollars in his pocket. He panders to an audience that want to be lied to.

posted on Jun, 11 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Did you watch the film?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join